Postal Services?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
weasle
Junior user
Junior user

Postal Services? Empty
PostSubject: Postal Services?   Postal Services? Icon_minitimeWed Oct 16, 2013 3:57 pm

I'm not sure if I'm posting this in the right section but I couldn't find anything more appropriate:

What is the main postal service called in Bulgaria?
I've searched on line and it seems to come up with private couriers.
Neither have I seen post offices mentioned much (possibly not at all) on the forum.
Is there a site I can check postage prices etc on? Not important to many I know but it is relative in my situation.
Back to top Go down
BGTRAVELLER
Super user
Super user
BGTRAVELLER

Postal Services? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Postal Services?   Postal Services? Icon_minitimeWed Oct 16, 2013 4:15 pm

Any good to you [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] Most towns and villages have their own PO Postal Services? 739492727
Back to top Go down
weasle
Junior user
Junior user

Postal Services? Empty
PostSubject: Buying a House or Property in Bulgaria   Postal Services? Icon_minitimeWed Oct 16, 2013 4:27 pm

That was one of the ones I got into yesterday - but it doesn't give postage rates for normal letters or anything like that. If you click on the prices link it just gives envelope sizes???

I wasn't sure if I was actually in the national service site or ... something else.
Back to top Go down
itchyfeet
Mega user
Mega user
itchyfeet

Postal Services? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Postal Services?   Postal Services? Icon_minitimeWed Oct 16, 2013 5:36 pm

weasle wrote:
I'm not sure if I'm posting this in the right section but I couldn't find anything more appropriate:

What is the main postal service called in Bulgaria?
I've searched on line and it seems to come up with private couriers.
Neither have I seen post offices mentioned much (possibly not at all) on the forum.
Is there a site I can check postage prices etc on? Not important to many I know but it is relative in my situation.

Towns have PO's and most villages as well, our village only has a population of 200, but we have a PO. For parcels and registered post we have to go to a town and Registered Post from Bulgaria to the UK is a fraction of the UK price. Surprise! Surprise! I don't think!?!?

c c
Back to top Go down
Phil-H
Super user
Super user
Phil-H

Postal Services? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Postal Services?   Postal Services? Icon_minitimeWed Oct 16, 2013 11:13 pm

I know they have just been mentioned but as for Post Offices, a lot of people mention them quite often as being where they go to pay various utility bills every month.
Back to top Go down
oddball
oddball

Postal Services? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Postal Services?   Postal Services? Icon_minitimeFri Oct 18, 2013 8:38 am

It is strange as at home I always have a book of postage stamps but here you cannot buy stamps like that and everything has to be weighed. I posted 2 letters to the UK last week and the stamps were 1lev each. I went to post a small paracel to my grandson for his birthday but to be honest it was more trouble than it was worth so I gave up. The clerk gave me a 5 page document to fill in i spent 45 mins with help from the security man filling it in - qued again then got to the counter she said no dobra - gave it back to me along with another 3 page document. I gave up than.. not sure why. I gave it to a Bulgarian frined to post and she had no trouble at all cost 3lev
Back to top Go down
weasle
Junior user
Junior user

Postal Services? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Postal Services?   Postal Services? Icon_minitimeFri Oct 18, 2013 8:46 am

This is why I was searching for a website that gave clarification.
In most countries, like the UK, you get the national site giving the national postage rates - but I couldn't find one for Bulgaria.
It is very important to me because posting items out is part of my work and I have to cost it accordingly and see if it's viable.
I discovered that Italy has very high postal rates (not that I'm going to Italy) even for a standard letter to the EU - 2Euro. This would make my business unviable as the cost would be passed on to the customer.

If you can't buy books of stamps in Bulgaria, it would make it more complicated for me.
Basic stuff I know but I have to get to the bottom of such stuff before I make a firm decision.
Back to top Go down
Chris
Chris

Postal Services? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Postal Services?   Postal Services? Icon_minitimeFri Oct 18, 2013 9:08 am

If you have more than one or two items to post, then calculate the cost of your letter or parcel (more below on how to do this) then just go to any Post Office and ask them for the number of stamps you require at whatever price. Take stamps home, stick on letters / parcels, throw them all in a sack and dump them off at any post office.

To work out the postage cost of a letter or package in Bulgaria or Overseas go here:
[url:1a6f2lhe]http:
//www.
bgpost.
bg/?cid=3[/url:1a6f2lhe]

Click on 'letter', 'package' or 'parcel' in the Shipping Price Calculator on the right hand side.

Next click 'domestic' or 'international' then click on the 'Calculate' button.

Indicate the weight and it will show you the price.

You can also select whether it should be 'registered' or not, and it will give you the extra cost.

As an example, I chose a letter, Bulgarian delivery, less than 50 grams, non-priority and the price was 0.65 leva

A 100-150 gram package posted to England (non-priority) worked out at 2.80 leva.

Hope this helps
Back to top Go down
http://www.tonicwebworks.com
weasle
Junior user
Junior user

Postal Services? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Postal Services?   Postal Services? Icon_minitimeFri Oct 18, 2013 9:15 am

Well, that's me proving what an idiot I am - again.

This was the site I found the other day but the right hand side requires scrolling to on my laptop and I hadn't scrolled so I hadn't found the calculator.

What a twerp.

Thanks for that - very important to me.
Back to top Go down
Chris
Chris

Postal Services? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Postal Services?   Postal Services? Icon_minitimeFri Oct 18, 2013 9:22 am

weasle wrote:
What a twerp.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

weasle wrote:
Thanks for that - very important to me.

Postal Services? 1536469901
Back to top Go down
http://www.tonicwebworks.com
mbco
Junior user
Junior user

Postal Services? Empty
PostSubject: Village post   Postal Services? Icon_minitimeSat Oct 26, 2013 10:32 am

Just wondered if any other villages are having similar problems to us? Our post office is almost non existent at the moment. It's supposed to be open 5 days of the week, then they changed it to 2 days without letting anyone know. Now it just opens when they manage to find someone to work in it. That's all fine and I realise that's what you can expect here, however, it doesn't help when you have bills to pay and letters to receive.

Anyone else having this problem or just me Postal Services? 794030042
Back to top Go down
http://www.mbcofoodstores.com
Andy
Super user
Super user
Andy

Postal Services? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Village post   Postal Services? Icon_minitimeSat Oct 26, 2013 10:35 am

We don't have any problems with the Po they just open as and when they like so we only drop in when we see the door open
Back to top Go down
Brian1
Senior user
Senior user
Brian1

Postal Services? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Village post   Postal Services? Icon_minitimeSat Oct 26, 2013 10:37 am

Ours is open most days so no problems for us.
Back to top Go down
mbco
Junior user
Junior user

Postal Services? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Village post   Postal Services? Icon_minitimeSat Oct 26, 2013 10:38 am

Could just be ours by the look of it. I think the fact that our village doesn't have a great population has an effect.
Back to top Go down
http://www.mbcofoodstores.com
Carmen
Super user
Super user
Carmen

Postal Services? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Village post   Postal Services? Icon_minitimeSat Oct 26, 2013 10:41 am

I should think if you are from a very small village then they probably only open when they have something to open for, typical Bulgarian mentality .
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Postal Services? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Postal Services?   Postal Services? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Postal Services?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next