Your views on Monarchy

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
oldun
Super user
Super user

Your views on Monarchy - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Your views on Monarchy   Your views on Monarchy - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 28, 2013 2:14 pm

First topic message reminder :

I have been reading a lot lately about people living permanently in Bulgaria complaining about Britain and the latest is about the fact that apparently the Queen has had a 5% increase in her allowance. This has sparked the anti-Royalist lobby into an appoplexy of anger forgetting the advantages of having a ruling Monarchy which I don't wish to waste time writing about.

I was wondering how folks living on a UK pension in poor Bulgaria have the right to criticize the British Monarch when Bulgaria is having meltdown in its own Government. Just what or who would anti-Royalists replace the Monarchy with? Do expats actually think Bulgaria is better without a Monarchy or is it a question of Í'm alright Jack' and I can still criticize the country I was happy to leave?
Back to top Go down

AuthorMessage
silky4015
Junior user
Junior user

PostSubject: Re: Your views on Monarchy   Your views on Monarchy - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 04, 2013 8:42 pm

I think that the question should be asked why is the Royal Family given the civil list.

The revenue from Crown Estates was removed from the Royal Family and at the turn of the century the government were giving the Queen just under 8 million a year.

In 2010 the coalition replaced the civil list with the Sovereign Support Grant which would be 15% of the Crown Estate revenue.

Being a Lancashire lad, I know that in 2011 the Duchy of Lancaster which is 44,000 acres was valued at £405 million which the government take and not the Queen. So the £30 million is a lot less than the 15% promised and that is only from that one estate.

Also included in her purse, was that she would pay for all her own transport (Which was paid for from the transport department). The household wages are also now her responsibility and that alone comes to 10 million a year.

Therefore the Royal Estates give a lot more back to the country than the government give to the Royal Family.
Back to top Go down
oddball
oddball

PostSubject: Re: Your views on Monarchy   Your views on Monarchy - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 05, 2013 9:30 am

oldun wrote:
T :Good post:Expatinchina. A good response with some positive contribute.
Back to top Go down
willowsend
Mega user
Mega user
willowsend

PostSubject: Re: Your views on Monarchy   Your views on Monarchy - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 05, 2013 12:28 pm

oddball wrote:
oldun wrote:
T :Good post:Expatinchina. A good response with some positive contribute.

Because I agreed with oldun that expatinchina post was a good positive response I get this
Hello willowsend,

You have received a new private message from "
Hidden"
to your account on
"
Ourbulgariaforum"
with the following subject:

Your karma has decreased

So :Thank you:very much to whoever is responsible. I hope it gave you great satisfaction g
Back to top Go down
oddball
oddball

PostSubject: Re: Your views on Monarchy   Your views on Monarchy - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 05, 2013 12:36 pm

Ah diddles, never mind I have given you a karma. It has nothing to do with the post but just because you are you and we H you
(only sometimes though) Your views on Monarchy - Page 3 2079180590.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Your views on Monarchy   Your views on Monarchy - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Your views on Monarchy

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3