Your views on Monarchy

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
oldun
Super user
Super user

Your views on Monarchy - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Your views on Monarchy   Your views on Monarchy - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 28, 2013 2:14 pm

First topic message reminder :

I have been reading a lot lately about people living permanently in Bulgaria complaining about Britain and the latest is about the fact that apparently the Queen has had a 5% increase in her allowance. This has sparked the anti-Royalist lobby into an appoplexy of anger forgetting the advantages of having a ruling Monarchy which I don't wish to waste time writing about.

I was wondering how folks living on a UK pension in poor Bulgaria have the right to criticize the British Monarch when Bulgaria is having meltdown in its own Government. Just what or who would anti-Royalists replace the Monarchy with? Do expats actually think Bulgaria is better without a Monarchy or is it a question of Í'm alright Jack' and I can still criticize the country I was happy to leave?
Back to top Go down

AuthorMessage
justbazz1

PostSubject: Re: Your views on Monarchy   Your views on Monarchy - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 02, 2013 5:42 pm

Wow!..this is getting interesting. Can you all wait until I get the popcorn and beer ready? I love a good debate.
Back to top Go down
tonyb60
Mega user
Mega user

PostSubject: Re: Your views on Monarchy   Your views on Monarchy - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 02, 2013 5:49 pm

willowsend wrote:
chrissybg wrote:
I do not agree with the royal family any more and i do not agree with the cost of them I am definately not in agreement with them doing their own accounts or giving them selves a rise when they want one or a trip to another country. They cost a fortune and with no return.
and last night i heard that that the mps in England gave themselves a rise. I think as they work for us English who are still paying our NI and tax then we should vote on a pay rise if they have earned it and in my mind they have definately not earned it.

Well, there were a few people here who don't have the same opinion as you Your views on Monarchy - Page 2 3386807041

Now I wonder how many of these people came from abroad and put money into the economy???
Back to top Go down
willowsend
Mega user
Mega user
willowsend

PostSubject: Re: Your views on Monarchy   Your views on Monarchy - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 02, 2013 5:57 pm

Tony's quote:- Now I wonder how many of these people came from abroad and put money into the economy???

A very good and valid point g
Back to top Go down
varnagirl
Super user
Super user
varnagirl

PostSubject: Re: Your views on Monarchy   Your views on Monarchy - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 02, 2013 7:28 pm

bgbazz wrote:
. Can you all wait until I get the popcorn and beer ready? I love a good debate.

have you ate it all yet ... s have another beer mate, this could go on a while... haha Your views on Monarchy - Page 2 2581928987
Back to top Go down
justbazz1

PostSubject: Re: Your views on Monarchy   Your views on Monarchy - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 02, 2013 8:31 pm

Got a good supply in.
Back to top Go down
expatinchina
Junior user
Junior user

PostSubject: Re: Your views on Monarchy   Your views on Monarchy - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 03, 2013 4:42 am

As of this year, the Crown is funded from a 'soverign grant' which is around 30 million and will decrease each year from 2014 to be replaced by a % of the revenue generated by the crown estate. The estimated value to the UK from the Monarchy is somewhere in the region of around 40 billion per year. And interesting to note that Prince Charles has opted for many years to pay regular taxes on all revenue from the Duchy of Cornwall.

I feel that in today's world, the Monarchy is a solid USP that adds significant value to the UK's global offering. From an international relations perspective, I also believe the Queen plays a very important role. Sadly, this will of course change as the Crown change hands and I'm sure we will end up with a monarch much like Monaco/Denmark/Spain who are fit for nothing more than cheesy photospreads in Hello! magazine.
Back to top Go down
oldun
Super user
Super user

PostSubject: Re: Your views on Monarchy   Your views on Monarchy - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 03, 2013 8:10 am

T :Good post:Expatinchina. A good response with some positive contribute.

Last edited by 140 on Fri Jul 05, 2013 9:29 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Rewording as agreed with member)
Back to top Go down
willowsend
Mega user
Mega user
willowsend

PostSubject: Re: Your views on Monarchy   Your views on Monarchy - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 03, 2013 8:57 am

oldun wrote:
T :Good post:Expatinchina. At last an intelligent forum member with something positive to contribute.

I agree with you oldun, a positive contribution from Expatinchina. On a personal note let me just add, that if I can do what the Queen does when I get to her age I will be well chuffed, she hasn't lost any of her marbles g
Back to top Go down
chrisbriggs
Senior user
Senior user

PostSubject: Re: Your views on Monarchy   Your views on Monarchy - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 03, 2013 10:09 pm

Are contributions to this topic only positive if they agree with oldun and willowsend ???
Ray
Ps I suppose I am unintelligent aswell as I don't agree with the Royal Family in its present state
Your views on Monarchy - Page 2 794030042
Back to top Go down
oddball
oddball

PostSubject: Re: Your views on Monarchy   Your views on Monarchy - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 04, 2013 9:26 am

oldun wrote:
T :Good post:Expatinchina. At last an intelligent forum member with something positive to contribute.

Oldun I am surprised at your comment, I amongst others consider myself to be a very intelligent member whether or not I contribute on a post. Please amend your post accordingly. g
Back to top Go down
davshaz
Super user
Super user
davshaz

PostSubject: Re: Your views on Monarchy   Your views on Monarchy - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 04, 2013 9:34 am

oldun wrote:

Quote :
intelligent
Quote :
positive

Nothing intelligent or positive about your comment and lets face it we are not all positive about the Royal's we all have a different view? and just because it doesn't match up with your's doesn't mean that you are anymore intelligent than those who may disagree.

This is just my poor humble uneducated opinion. Your views on Monarchy - Page 2 794030042
Back to top Go down
davshaz
Super user
Super user
davshaz

PostSubject: Re: Your views on Monarchy   Your views on Monarchy - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 04, 2013 9:34 am

oddball wrote:
oldun wrote:

Oldun I am surprised at your comment, I amongst others consider myself to be a very intelligent member whether or not I contribute on a post. Please amend your post accordingly. g

I see you beat me Berni Your views on Monarchy - Page 2 2581928987
Back to top Go down
Chris
Chris

PostSubject: Re: Your views on Monarchy   Your views on Monarchy - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 04, 2013 9:45 am

oldun wrote:
At last an intelligent forum member

I find that comment highly offensive to myself and all the other members here.

Berni has asked that you edit your post accordingly. If you haven't done that by tomorrow, then I shall edit it myself.
Back to top Go down
http://www.tonicwebworks.com
oldun
Super user
Super user

PostSubject: Re: Your views on Monarchy   Your views on Monarchy - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 04, 2013 1:26 pm

expatinchina wrote:
As of this year, the Crown is funded from a 'soverign grant' which is around 30 million and will decrease each year from 2014 to be replaced by a % of the revenue generated by the crown estate. The estimated value to the UK from the Monarchy is somewhere in the region of around 40 billion per year. And interesting to note that Prince Charles has opted for many years to pay regular taxes on all revenue from the Duchy of Cornwall.

I feel that in today's world, the Monarchy is a solid USP that adds significant value to the UK's global offering. From an international relations perspective, I also believe the Queen plays a very important role. Sadly, this will of course change as the Crown change hands and I'm sure we will end up with a monarch much like Monaco/Denmark/Spain who are fit for nothing more than cheesy photospreads in Hello! magazine.
I didn't mean to offend anyone and of course everyone is entitled to their views. However, Expatinchina gave some valid information and not just for or against the monarchy. That is what I meant by íntelligent'. I don't know how to edit as there doesn't seem to be a button but you are welcome to delete the comment if you want.
Oh an edit button has popped up on this message now.
Back to top Go down
oddball
oddball

PostSubject: Re: Your views on Monarchy   Your views on Monarchy - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 04, 2013 3:00 pm

I can edit for you Oldun just send me a pm what you would like to say instead, then we can get back on tack. Thanks for your cooperation and prompt reply. g
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Your views on Monarchy   Your views on Monarchy - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Your views on Monarchy

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next