Your views on Monarchy

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
oldun
Super user
Super user

Your views on Monarchy Empty
PostSubject: Your views on Monarchy   Your views on Monarchy Icon_minitimeFri Jun 28, 2013 2:14 pm

I have been reading a lot lately about people living permanently in Bulgaria complaining about Britain and the latest is about the fact that apparently the Queen has had a 5% increase in her allowance. This has sparked the anti-Royalist lobby into an appoplexy of anger forgetting the advantages of having a ruling Monarchy which I don't wish to waste time writing about.

I was wondering how folks living on a UK pension in poor Bulgaria have the right to criticize the British Monarch when Bulgaria is having meltdown in its own Government. Just what or who would anti-Royalists replace the Monarchy with? Do expats actually think Bulgaria is better without a Monarchy or is it a question of Í'm alright Jack' and I can still criticize the country I was happy to leave?
Back to top Go down
tonyb60
Mega user
Mega user

PostSubject: Re: Your views on Monarchy   Your views on Monarchy Icon_minitimeFri Jun 28, 2013 3:26 pm

I think this is a case of you have what you have. UK has Royalty and yes some people moan about the expense, but they also neglect to understand just how much money comes into the UK by way of tourism etc. The Americans and Chinese spend thousands and thousands.

As for Bulgaria, it is like any other new democracy, it is finding it's feet. Time will tell.
Back to top Go down
willowsend
Mega user
Mega user
willowsend

PostSubject: Re: Your views on Monarchy   Your views on Monarchy Icon_minitimeFri Jun 28, 2013 4:24 pm

tonyb60 wrote:
I think this is a case of you have what you have. UK has Royalty and yes some people moan about the expense, but they also neglect to understand just how much money comes into the UK by way of tourism etc. The Americans and Chinese spend thousands and thousands.

As for Bulgaria, it is like any other new democracy, it is finding it's feet. Time will tell.

A question for you tony, has Bulgaria actually got any democracy let alone new, and how long do you think it will take until it finds it feet. If the past is anything to go by I don't think it will be in yours and my lifetime. although I do feel that the younger generation are finding their feet and looking for a more westernised style of life
Back to top Go down
Daisy
Super user
Super user
Daisy

PostSubject: Re: Your views on Monarchy   Your views on Monarchy Icon_minitimeFri Jun 28, 2013 4:29 pm

tonyb60 wrote:

I think that may have been the case many years a go but I do think that its been on a steady decline for a number of years, yes the Americans, Chinese and the Japanese love the pomp and ceremony of the British monarchy but not as they used to, I think now the monarchy has become more of a liability and it doesn't bring that much into the UK unlike the many other attraction it has to offer. So for me they should now be self sufficient or even replaced with something better that will work for the country as a whole and without the great expense that the UK currently is burdened with for all the Royals and not just the queen, lets face it the president of the us doesn't have a great budget for his family and uncle Tom cobley. Bulgaria will one day have a good honest president and a county that we can all be proud of but I'm afraid it won't be in my life time s
Back to top Go down
varnagirl
Super user
Super user
varnagirl

PostSubject: Re: Your views on Monarchy   Your views on Monarchy Icon_minitimeFri Jun 28, 2013 4:42 pm

oldun wrote:

I was wondering how folks living on a UK pension in poor Bulgaria have the right to criticize the British Monarch when Bulgaria is having meltdown in its own Government.

every right ...if they want to ..they / we are still british subjects , mainly all still paying tax to the homeland as well....

Quote :
or is it a question of Í'm alright Jack' and I can still criticize the country I was happy to leave?

what makes you think we were ALL happy to leave it ...a lot were not , including me !!

as much as i feel i still have every right to criticize it ...i very seldom do
as for the situation in Bg ...dont start me on that one...I,l get banned !! Your views on Monarchy 3367882216
Back to top Go down
Carmen
Super user
Super user
Carmen

PostSubject: Re: Your views on Monarchy   Your views on Monarchy Icon_minitimeFri Jun 28, 2013 5:22 pm

In the 21st century, we should not be having to pay anything for this family. There can't be another organisation that does its own accounts, then audits them as well. I would say the figures are fudged and the truth is not being told. So, what about the 24/7 security for the whole lot ?? Does this not count. We need to know the truth, not some trumped up story from a Buckingham Palace toady. Why in gods name do we have to put up with all this spin.
Back to top Go down
tonyb60
Mega user
Mega user

PostSubject: Re: Your views on Monarchy   Your views on Monarchy Icon_minitimeFri Jun 28, 2013 6:08 pm

willowsend wrote:
tonyb60 wrote:

A question for you tony, has Bulgaria actually got any democracy let alone new, and how long do you think it will take until it finds it feet. If the past is anything to go by I don't think it will be in yours and my lifetime. although I do feel that the younger generation are finding their feet and looking for a more westernised style of life

Yes I do think that there is a democracy here, although it has a long way to go by our standards. How long will it take to get on its feet, honest answer, don't know. But as you say probably not in mine or your life's time.
Back to top Go down
Andy
Super user
Super user
Andy

PostSubject: Re: Your views on Monarchy   Your views on Monarchy Icon_minitimeFri Jun 28, 2013 6:10 pm

Pity we cant save another £32 million by getting shot of the lot of them. And please don't start waffling on about income from the Crown Estates. These are lands that were stolen from the English by Norman invaders over 1,000 years ago and have been held and milked by various troops of Royal parasites ever since. The present bunch of Germans (the Saxe-Coburg-Gothas) are no different. Rant over

As for Bulgaria well I think they still have a very long way to go, but lets hope they take a different route to the UK.
Back to top Go down
varnagirl
Super user
Super user
varnagirl

PostSubject: Re: Your views on Monarchy   Your views on Monarchy Icon_minitimeFri Jun 28, 2013 6:50 pm

Quote :
milked by various troops of Royal parasites

now thats a different matter from the monarchy
Back to top Go down
justbazz1

PostSubject: Re: Your views on Monarchy   Your views on Monarchy Icon_minitimeFri Jun 28, 2013 7:32 pm

I just love sitting on the outside, looking in. Everyone could be right or they could be wrong..but from where I sit, everyone is entitled to an opinion. I don't agree with the 'civil list', or the long line of 'royal parasites', nor do I agree with various politicians having their snouts in the trough, most of the time, but that is just MY opinion and because I'm not a Brit, it won't count for much.
Back to top Go down
itchyfeet
Mega user
Mega user
itchyfeet

PostSubject: Re: Your views on Monarchy   Your views on Monarchy Icon_minitimeFri Jun 28, 2013 11:33 pm

bgbazz wrote:
I just love sitting on the outside, looking in. Everyone could be right or they could be wrong..but from where I sit, everyone is entitled to an opinion. I don't agree with the 'civil list', or the long line of 'royal parasites', nor do I agree with various politicians having their snouts in the trough, most of the time, but that is just MY opinion and because I'm not a Brit, it won't count for much.

Your opinion is as good as everybody elses bgbazz - you may not be British but you certainly have the right attitude to be one. Come on . . . down on one knee and will get the sword out!!
Back to top Go down
chrissybg
Super user
Super user

PostSubject: Re: Your views on Monarchy   Your views on Monarchy Icon_minitimeTue Jul 02, 2013 2:01 pm

I do not agree with the royal family any more and i do not agree with the cost of them I am definately not in agreement with them doing their own accounts or giving them selves a rise when they want one or a trip to another country. They cost a fortune and with no return.
and last night i heard that that the mps in England gave themselves a rise. I think as they work for us English who are still paying our NI and tax then we should vote on a pay rise if they have earned it and in my mind they have definately not earned it.
Back to top Go down
willowsend
Mega user
Mega user
willowsend

PostSubject: Re: Your views on Monarchy   Your views on Monarchy Icon_minitimeTue Jul 02, 2013 2:36 pm

chrissybg wrote:
I do not agree with the royal family any more and i do not agree with the cost of them I am definately not in agreement with them doing their own accounts or giving them selves a rise when they want one or a trip to another country. They cost a fortune and with no return.
and last night i heard that that the mps in England gave themselves a rise. I think as they work for us English who are still paying our NI and tax then we should vote on a pay rise if they have earned it and in my mind they have definately not earned it.

Well, there were a few people here who don't have the same opinion as you Your views on Monarchy 3386807041

Back to top Go down
chrissybg
Super user
Super user

PostSubject: Re: Your views on Monarchy   Your views on Monarchy Icon_minitimeTue Jul 02, 2013 4:05 pm

did you get a reply on the forum from each and every one of them I must have missed that!
I would say they were all out for a good time and who could blame them
Back to top Go down
varnagirl
Super user
Super user
varnagirl

PostSubject: Re: Your views on Monarchy   Your views on Monarchy Icon_minitimeTue Jul 02, 2013 4:42 pm

yes they prob were ..but they would not have contiplated even being there if they were anti !!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Your views on Monarchy   Your views on Monarchy Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Your views on Monarchy

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next