altText
altText

My garden

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 23  Next
AuthorMessage
justbazz1

My garden - Page 17 Empty
PostSubject: My garden   My garden - Page 17 Icon_minitimeMon May 27, 2013 11:11 am

First topic message reminder :

..grows a bit like this.

Back to top Go down

AuthorMessage
justbazz
Super user
Super user
justbazz

PostSubject: subject   My garden - Page 17 Icon_minitimeTue May 09, 2017 6:05 am

Looks really nice guys...I see you have a rotten forecast for today so you might get to have an easy day.

I think the lumpy weather that we've had for the last couple of days is heading your way and I might even get to finish my project. My garden - Page 17 794030042
Back to top Go down
oddball
oddball

PostSubject: Re: My garden   My garden - Page 17 Icon_minitimeTue May 09, 2017 6:13 am

[quote="justbazz"]Looks really nice guys...I see you have a rotten forecast for today so you might get to have an easy day.[/quote

T Bazz, yes looks a big grim so off to Silistra. Dougie said all his work is inside today, he has made the wood strips to cover the seams where the netting meet, so this will give it a really nice finish.

But for now we are off to Silistra and I am going down by the Danube to pinch some cuttings from the weeping willow tree. I have wonded a weeping willow in the garden for ages and I just cannot get one here they have twisted willows. Someone said there are loads down by the Danube just take about 5 cuttings put them in water and they weill root, then plant.

I hope I don't get pinched My garden - Page 17 2345823347 My garden - Page 17 3897195628
Back to top Go down
justbazz
Super user
Super user
justbazz

PostSubject: subject   My garden - Page 17 Icon_minitimeTue May 09, 2017 6:37 am

Sounds great...just be careful where you plant the willows. They have a very intrusive root system and love getting into drains etc. They can bugger up pathways as well...I would put them down along (not too close) your bottom fence, well away from the house.
Back to top Go down
oddball
oddball

PostSubject: Re: My garden   My garden - Page 17 Icon_minitimeTue May 09, 2017 7:07 am

justbazz wrote:
Sounds great...just be careful where you plant the willows. They have a very intrusive root system and love getting into drains etc. They can bugger up pathways as well...I would put them down along (not too close) your bottom fence, well away from the house.

Ah brilliant thanks for that info, was thinking next to the garage but now you said that, if I do find any I will put the way up the top side of the garden so they are well away from everything, here

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
oddball
oddball

PostSubject: Re: My garden   My garden - Page 17 Icon_minitimeWed May 10, 2017 12:19 pm

Has been raining on and off for the past 4 days here in Silistra, today we had plans to put the gazebo roof ashfelt times on but had to cancel until Friday but now looking at the forcast more rain and thunder storms decided to put it off until June when the weather is much warmer and the tar can adhere in the heat.

Dougie has done a great job fitting the green netting inside the roof and making trimmings to go around the joins  Really pleased with it - have to finish the ends yet. You cannot really see thought the green stuff but because there is a flash on the camera it makes i very bright and highlights the backround. He has 4 more smaller rafers to go on the roof once the last coat of paint is dry.

Back to top Go down
justbazz
Super user
Super user
justbazz

PostSubject: subject   My garden - Page 17 Icon_minitimeWed May 10, 2017 4:36 pm

Well done...looks a treat!

Hard work really does pay off. g
Back to top Go down
oddball
oddball

PostSubject: Re: My garden   My garden - Page 17 Icon_minitimeWed May 10, 2017 6:10 pm

justbazz wrote:
Well done...looks a treat!

Hard work really does pay off. g

Ah thanks a million Bazz. Paddy will be here on Friday so if the weather is good we will have tea in there. It will be all finished and ready for your visit Bazz g
Back to top Go down
justbazz
Super user
Super user
justbazz

PostSubject: subject   My garden - Page 17 Icon_minitimeWed May 10, 2017 8:06 pm

My visit is getting closer...crappy weather has cost me about 10 days, but almost finished now. Start thinking about what you need me to bring up for you......
Back to top Go down
oddball
oddball

PostSubject: Re: My garden   My garden - Page 17 Icon_minitimeWed May 10, 2017 10:12 pm

justbazz wrote:
My visit is getting closer...crappy weather has cost me about 10 days, but almost finished now. Start thinking about what you need me to bring up for you......

g
Back to top Go down
oddball
oddball

PostSubject: Re: My garden   My garden - Page 17 Icon_minitimeFri May 12, 2017 6:43 pm

Today Dougie picked Roger our Australian friend up and they started working on the putting on the ashfelt shingles on the gasebo.  [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] arrived around 11ish and and waded in too, then Paddy and I we went to Silistra to buy more singles.  Thank you so much Paddy for all your help, you did great.

One half done today and looking really good.  Will working on the facing ocne all times are on.  Well done guys you did a great job..... Will continue with other side next week.

Back to top Go down
justbazz
Super user
Super user
justbazz

PostSubject: subject   My garden - Page 17 Icon_minitimeSat May 13, 2017 10:13 am

That's beginning to look very smart...you will be the envy of the village!

Well done. g
Back to top Go down
oddball
oddball

PostSubject: Re: My garden   My garden - Page 17 Icon_minitimeSat May 13, 2017 11:30 am

T T
Back to top Go down
oddball
oddball

PostSubject: Re: My garden   My garden - Page 17 Icon_minitimeMon May 15, 2017 3:50 pm

Another good day Dougie picked our wonderful friend Roger up this morning at 7.45 and they worked until just after 3pm finishing off the roof.  It looks fab now, just need to sort out what we are going to do around the edges and don't like the finish probably a battan with some edgeing tiles on Tomorrow is another day.  Really pleased with the result now though

The roof is on now

The flowers

Missy just does not like that mole

The Robin has found a home

Roger on the roof
Back to top Go down
Suzee
Junior user
Junior user

PostSubject: Re: My garden   My garden - Page 17 Icon_minitimeMon May 15, 2017 4:19 pm

Looks ok what is it ?????
Back to top Go down
oddball
oddball

PostSubject: Re: My garden   My garden - Page 17 Icon_minitimeMon May 15, 2017 4:25 pm

Suzee wrote:
Looks ok what is it ?????

T An outside summer sitting/dining area.  Have to build a BBQ and a little kitchen so won't have to keep coming into the villa for things.  First do the pathway all takes time.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: My garden   My garden - Page 17 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

My garden

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 17 of 23Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 23  Next