altText
altText

My garden

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 16 ... 23  Next
AuthorMessage
justbazz1

My garden - Page 10 Empty
PostSubject: My garden   My garden - Page 10 Icon_minitimeMon May 27, 2013 11:11 am

First topic message reminder :

..grows a bit like this.

Back to top Go down

AuthorMessage
oddball
oddball

PostSubject: Re: My garden   My garden - Page 10 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 18, 2016 7:06 pm

Well the rain held off today so we got on with concreting the 8 colums, well Dougie did I helped when he needed me.  Trying to put the cement down the posts was a bit difficult and it went everywhere, then I thought of idea, wrap the colums in shrink wrap and it will stop it coming out and splattering everywhere when when we hit the posts, so we tried it out and sure enough it worked the excess water came out at the bottom but just channelled off the side so no mess. Once we had finished filling all the colums we brush/scrubbed around the posts so no cement was left, see what is it like tomorrow. We will take the shrink wrap off to let it dry as most or all of the water will have drained out.  

There is no way it should move after all that concrete Angel

Just checked the construction this morning and no movement what so every - Think we might have cracked it at last yepeeeeeeeeee thanks a million guys T T My garden - Page 10 2706089290
Back to top Go down
oddball
oddball

PostSubject: Re: My garden   My garden - Page 10 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 21, 2016 2:32 pm

Well now the plastic and straight edges are on the roof now but roof we decided not to put the ashfelt shingle tiles on this year because we need the sun to melt the tar and if we put them on now, the tar will dry up, we have galvinised nails as well but it's best to wait. Roger our Australian friend is a real gem he insists on coming over everytime we have a bigger job to do. We have put the blue plastic back on the roof again and it is well secured also it will protect the inside plastic for the ashfelt tiles next year.

Tomorrow is a sandinig down of the colums assuming it is not raining. We will get it all stained before winter sets in. Dougie has marked out a path to it now. Looking good now at least went we can sit outside, see Dougie put his bench and table there already.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
justbazz
Super user
Super user
justbazz

PostSubject: subject   My garden - Page 10 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 21, 2016 3:19 pm

Well done guys...looking good!

g g

When you build the pathway across the dirt, make sure to put in a couple of pipes to prevent any water forming puddles on the high side ( 2" pvc will do the trick ).
Back to top Go down
oddball
oddball

PostSubject: Re: My garden   My garden - Page 10 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 21, 2016 5:57 pm

justbazz wrote:
Well done guys...looking good!

g g

When you build the pathway across the dirt, make sure to put in a couple of pipes to prevent any water forming puddles on the high side ( 2" pvc will do the trick ).

T T Bazz have made a note of that now...
Back to top Go down
justbazz
Super user
Super user
justbazz

PostSubject: subject   My garden - Page 10 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 21, 2016 6:17 pm

It might save you having muddy water flowing across your pretty pathway...and keep your shoes dry on the way to the 'masterpiece'.

Have you decided on a visiting date yet?
Back to top Go down
bulgariabill
Super user
Super user
bulgariabill

PostSubject: Re: My garden   My garden - Page 10 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 21, 2016 7:01 pm

Hi Guys
Sorry for lack of comments, been tripping about, and to UK, have been following progress, looking a lot more substantial now and I am sure you will reap the rewards of your labour, well done,
A tip I use when staining new wood, is mix 50/50 Bezeer, (thats how it sounds when you ask for it) it a linseed oil based liquid, with the Lac and I use as first coat, it soaks into the wood, when dry top coat of 100% Lac, available in most DIY stores.

Bill

Back to top Go down
oddball
oddball

PostSubject: Re: My garden   My garden - Page 10 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 21, 2016 7:39 pm

bulgariabill wrote:
Hi Guys
Sorry for lack of comments, been tripping about, and to UK, have been following progress, looking a lot more substantial now and I am sure you will reap the rewards of your labour, well done,
A tip I use when staining new wood, is mix 50/50 Bezeer, (thats how it sounds when you ask for it) it a linseed oil based liquid, with the Lac and I use as first coat, it soaks into the wood, when dry top coat of 100% Lac, available in most DIY stores.

Bill

Ah thanks Bill, glad you are back safe and sound. Is there any particular type of Lac I should ask for? Will go to Temax tomorrow and get both
Back to top Go down
bulgariabill
Super user
Super user
bulgariabill

PostSubject: Re: My garden   My garden - Page 10 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 21, 2016 8:04 pm

Hi Berni

Re LAC, depends what colour you want your posts, various stains about
You can get the coloured varnish tins.

or wood stain - [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

then clear varnish over

Bill
Back to top Go down
willowsend
Mega user
Mega user
willowsend

PostSubject: Re: My garden   My garden - Page 10 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 21, 2016 8:28 pm

It all sounds to professional for me. Well done the Boss and Dougie My garden - Page 10 2706089290
Back to top Go down
oddball
oddball

PostSubject: Re: My garden   My garden - Page 10 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 21, 2016 9:49 pm

willowsend wrote:
It all sounds to professional for me. Well done the Boss and Dougie My garden - Page 10 2706089290

Thanks Willow - Hope you are both well, maybe, if you have time we will meet up when you come over in Nov
Back to top Go down
oddball
oddball

PostSubject: Re: My garden   My garden - Page 10 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 21, 2016 9:56 pm

bulgariabill wrote:
Hi Berni

Re LAC, depends what colour you want your posts, various stains about
You can get the coloured varnish tins.

or wood stain -  http://www.praktiker.bg/en/search/ALL/?category=category-all&query=%D0%B1%D0%B0%D0%B9%D1%86&search_main_category=ALL

then clear varnish over

Bill

When I went to get lac for the floor in the community hall, it was around 25lev a large tin, we painted the floor and it looked fab but when it dried it turned out to be something like creasole. They told me it was very good. It was total rubbish and we had to buy varnish to seal it. so not really sure what I am looking for I will look for the bottles as on your link Bill thanks a million
Back to top Go down
bulgariabill
Super user
Super user
bulgariabill

PostSubject: Re: My garden   My garden - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 22, 2016 8:56 am

Hi Berni
You are looking for something like this...
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Colour usually on the lid,

Bill
Back to top Go down
justbazz
Super user
Super user
justbazz

PostSubject: subject   My garden - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 22, 2016 11:00 am

I normally use that stuff...with good results.
Back to top Go down
oddball
oddball

PostSubject: Re: My garden   My garden - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 22, 2016 3:13 pm

ok [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] I bought coloured lac and the bezeer so if I read your message right (do I now mix 50% lac with 50% bezeer together.)   The shop said no put the bazeer on then paint on the lac

Dougie has put the stuff away in the garage don't know where but will take photos tomorrow
Back to top Go down
bulgariabill
Super user
Super user
bulgariabill

PostSubject: Re: My garden   My garden - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 23, 2016 8:46 am

Hi Berni
The shop owner is technically correct, Bezzer is an oil based liquid which will soak into the bare wood and give water protection, so you can paint that on first, then paint on the lac,

My logic, right or wrong..... is mix it 50/50 gives you a watered down LAC which gets soaked into the wood with the Bezzer, so the lac is drawn in as well as the Bezeer, Then top coat of 100% lac. I have used that method on all my outdoor wood structures and makes applying the the top coat a lot easier.

Bill
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: My garden   My garden - Page 10 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

My garden

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 10 of 23Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 16 ... 23  Next