HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

altText
altText
altText
altText
altText
altText

Are you really as happy as you thought you would be???

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
nu2bg
Super user
Super user
nu2bg

Are you really as happy as you thought you would be??? Empty
PostSubject: Are you really as happy as you thought you would be???   Are you really as happy as you thought you would be??? Icon_minitimeFri Dec 18, 2009 10:37 am

Having read quite a few of the posts on here I see there seem to be mixed feelings about the life in Bulgaria which leads me to think that maybe some have made a mistake ? and they are not as happy as they thought they would be but can't do anything about it as they have all thier investment in Bulgaria, so tell me if this applies to you and why you think your not as happy as you thought you would be
Back to top Go down
Chris
Chris

PostSubject: Are you really as happy as you thought you would be???   Are you really as happy as you thought you would be??? Icon_minitimeFri Dec 18, 2009 11:17 am

mmm difficult one ... on one hand Yes, on the other, No!

From a 'Social' point of view I would say the five years spent here have been far more unhappy than the 10 years we spent in France prior to that. This is simply down to the fact that my wife and I are 100% fluent in French so dealing with the authorities, getting to know the neighbours, in fact everything, was sooooooo much easier than struggling on with our still rather limited Bulgarian. We could watch French TV, read the newspapers, read our bills, write cheques, etc. Even in another ten years here I doubt I would ever be able to class myself as anywhere near fluent in Bulgarian.

From a 'Lifestyle' point of view, then I would say Yes, much happier. We live a very good lifestyle, we can drink a bottle of wine with our main meal every evening without breaking the bank. We have no mortgage, we have no credit cards. Our monthly shopping bill is around a third of what it was in France and yet we eat exceptionally well.

Good topic, I'll be interested in the other responses!

Chris
Back to top Go down
http://www.tonicwebworks.com
willowsend
Mega user
Mega user
willowsend

PostSubject: Are you really as happy as you thought you would be???   Are you really as happy as you thought you would be??? Icon_minitimeFri Dec 18, 2009 1:37 pm

ChrisQBG wrote:
mmm difficult one ... on one hand Yes, on the other, No!

From a 'Social' point of view I would say the five years spent here have been far more unhappy than the 10 years we spent in France prior to that. This is simply down to the fact that my wife and I are 100% fluent in French so dealing with the authorities, getting to know the neighbours, in fact everything, was sooooooo much easier than struggling on with our still rather limited Bulgarian. We could watch French TV, read the newspapers, read our bills, write cheques, etc. Even in another ten years here I doubt I would ever be able to class myself as anywhere near fluent in Bulgarian.

From a 'Lifestyle' point of view, then I would say Yes, much happier. We live a very good lifestyle, we can drink a bottle of wine with our main meal every evening without breaking the bank. We have no mortgage, we have no credit cards. Our monthly shopping bill is around a third of what it was in France and yet we eat exceptionally well.

Good topic, I'll be interested in the other responses!

Chris

Hi Chris and all other posters interested in this topic

There is nothing more than me and my family would like to say than we love Bulgaria, [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] but we can't and there are a number of posters on this forum that know the reason why, but for the posters that are interested and would like to know why, here is a very brief outline
Three years ago we bought a new villa near Dobrich (after a number of visits to Bulgaria and finding what we wanted), all went well for the first year with us enjoying our summer with friends at our home. Made a number of local friends both British and Bulgarian and the local village shop loved us for the increased business
Then our worst possible nightmare set in with us loosing our home [url=http:
//www.
villalorna.
co.
uk:3exjq3t4][You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] through FRAUD and ORGANISED CRIME
My wife and I along with two friends arrived in September 2008 at midnight for our holiday to find on arrival big heavy chains and padlocks on the gates. I climbed over the wall and tried my house key in the door, it would not go in and there was as sign on the door "
If you would like to buy this villa contact................"
so the weeks holiday was spent in a hotel and a lawyers office
My wife and I have now been to five court cases and in July this year the judge declared her verdict that the villa must be returned to it's rightful owners, but of course the perpetrators appealed against the decision and the appeal hearing was three weeks ago which we attended along with a supporting group of friends and ex-pats, (some of which post on this very forum, so you will know all about this situation)
We are expecting the appeal hearing decision next Wednesday the 23rd December and all we ask for is JUSTICE TO BE SEEN TO BE DONE. We have been to hell and we would now like to come back to normality and at the age of 71 years enjoy with our family how ever many years life we have left
This posting is not intended to put people off moving or even holidaying in Bulgaria. This is written from the heart. We would like to love Bulgaria but I hope you can all appreciate it is difficult for us at present

One final word of warning of though, don't trust anyone and don't let yourselves be CONNED like we were [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Happy Christmas to all our friends (you know who you are) and hopefully we can all meet up in the NEW YEAR
willowsend

Last edited by 178 on Sat Dec 19, 2009 11:51 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
nu2bg
Super user
Super user
nu2bg

PostSubject: Are you really as happy as you thought you would be???   Are you really as happy as you thought you would be??? Icon_minitimeFri Dec 18, 2009 2:14 pm

Chris it's interesting to hear what you have said it seems to me that you were happier in France but financially you are happier in Bulgaria? I have often read about a lot of people particularly pensioners who moved to Bulgaria because they get more out of their pension but then realise that it’s not what they thought it was? Anyway let’s see what others have to say I am really interested in the views of you all
Back to top Go down
meandmine
Super user
Super user
meandmine

PostSubject: Are you really as happy as you thought you would be???   Are you really as happy as you thought you would be??? Icon_minitimeFri Dec 18, 2009 4:48 pm

Sorry to hear of your problems willowsend I can see how it has spoilt your view on Bulgaria but maybe when you are sorted out you may see things in a different way and your happiness will once again shine through, I can't really say anymore here because I'm new to this and not yet in Bulgaria but I shall be watching this topic with interest
Back to top Go down
Netsniperthefirst
Netsniperthefirst

PostSubject: Are you really as happy as you thought you would be???   Are you really as happy as you thought you would be??? Icon_minitimeFri Dec 18, 2009 4:58 pm

Hell well I don't currently live in Bulgaria but I have done and hope to again, well having lived there for a while I can say I was truly happy ok yes it has its problems but tell me what country hasn't was I happier than I was in the uk ? well yes I was no pressures no Mortgage, and nothing really to worry about accept my health as I have already said I will return and I will be as happy as a pig in cow S**T
Back to top Go down
http://www.marketdraytonforum.com
krypton
Super user
Super user
krypton

PostSubject: Are you really as happy as you thought you would be???   Are you really as happy as you thought you would be??? Icon_minitimeFri Dec 18, 2009 7:19 pm

Nice topic this and well thought of I don't live in Bulgaria but I have visited there more times than I've had hot dinners those that I know seem to be happy but who knows the secrets of the heart [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Sarah
Super user
Super user

PostSubject: Are you really as happy as you thought you would be???   Are you really as happy as you thought you would be??? Icon_minitimeSat Dec 19, 2009 10:52 pm

Hi willowsend I see you have your hearing on the 23 December do you have to goto Bulgaria for it ?
Back to top Go down
willowsend
Mega user
Mega user
willowsend

PostSubject: Are you really as happy as you thought you would be???   Are you really as happy as you thought you would be??? Icon_minitimeSat Dec 19, 2009 11:48 pm

Sarah wrote:
Hi willowsend I see you have your hearing on the 23 December do you have to goto Bulgaria for it ?

Hi Sarah
The appeal court hearing was on 23rd November and my wife and I was there. As a result of that hearing the judges will give their verdict this coming Wed. 23rd Dec. Our lawyer will get that result and pass on the information to us. If it is positive we will have to go to Bulgaria within 14 working days to register the court decision and engage a bailiff to enter our villa and do a complete infantry

for your interest and a Merry Xmas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] and a
Back to top Go down
raveydaveygravey
Junior user
Junior user

PostSubject: Are you really as happy as you thought you would be???   Are you really as happy as you thought you would be??? Icon_minitimeSun Dec 20, 2009 3:02 pm

good luck willowsend/shebry
Back to top Go down
luvitsa

PostSubject: Are you really as happy as you thought you would be???   Are you really as happy as you thought you would be??? Icon_minitimeMon Dec 21, 2009 1:51 pm

i am simply ecstatic!

i love BG i love everything about it including the almost daily documentai runs!

Luv its a little mound o mud and i'm living on it
Back to top Go down
thetravelbug
Junior user
Junior user

PostSubject: Are you really as happy as you thought you would be???   Are you really as happy as you thought you would be??? Icon_minitimeMon Dec 21, 2009 7:37 pm

Best of luck willowsend. I have been where you are and it is horrible. I have been dragged through the courts and subject to corruption and the complete farce of a court system. And lost thousands....

And yes it did put me off Bulgaria.

For me I still like Bulgaria and enjoy spending summers there - days by the pool, BBQs with friends etc but it is not somewhere I want to live permanently. Much I think is because I am on my own and makes life much more difficult without the support of someone by your side (although have brilliant friends).

I am currently searching for a home in France. I love France. My dream would be to sell up partly in Bulgaria to fund a purchase in France, spend winters in France skiing and summers in Bulgaria....working on it but we'll see....
Back to top Go down
http://www.thetravelbug.org
willowsend
Mega user
Mega user
willowsend

PostSubject: Are you really as happy as you thought you would be???   Are you really as happy as you thought you would be??? Icon_minitimeMon Dec 21, 2009 7:55 pm

thetravelbug wrote:
Best of luck willowsend. I have been where you are and it is horrible. I have been dragged through the courts and subject to corruption and the complete farce of a court system. And lost thousands....

And yes it did put me off Bulgaria.

For me I still like Bulgaria and enjoy spending summers there - days by the pool, BBQs with friends etc but it is not somewhere I want to live permanently. Much I think is because I am on my own and makes life much more difficult without the support of someone by your side (although have brilliant friends).

I am currently searching for a home in France. I love France. My dream would be to sell up partly in Bulgaria to fund a purchase in France, spend winters in France skiing and summers in Bulgaria....working on it but we'll see....

Thanks for your good wishes thetravelbug.
The fact that you have been there, done that and got the "
T"
shirt, you know exactly what we are going through
willowsend
Back to top Go down
The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message
miss happy
Senior user
Senior user

PostSubject: Are you really as happy as you thought you would be???   Are you really as happy as you thought you would be??? Icon_minitimeMon Dec 21, 2009 8:18 pm

Good luck sarah. Ours goes back to court Feb,We were sold Land that wasn't his to sell but at least the house is ours that we live in. Its been 3 years now its crazy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Are you really as happy as you thought you would be???   Are you really as happy as you thought you would be??? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Are you really as happy as you thought you would be???

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 5Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next