HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

altText
altText
altText
altText
altText
altText

Are you really as happy as you thought you would be???

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
AuthorMessage
nu2bg
Super user
Super user
nu2bg

Are you really as happy as you thought you would be??? - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Are you really as happy as you thought you would be???   Are you really as happy as you thought you would be??? - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 18, 2009 10:37 am

First topic message reminder :

Having read quite a few of the posts on here I see there seem to be mixed feelings about the life in Bulgaria which leads me to think that maybe some have made a mistake ? and they are not as happy as they thought they would be but can't do anything about it as they have all thier investment in Bulgaria, so tell me if this applies to you and why you think your not as happy as you thought you would be
Back to top Go down

AuthorMessage
dave b
Senior user
Senior user

PostSubject: Are you really as happy as you thought you would be???   Are you really as happy as you thought you would be??? - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 24, 2010 9:58 pm

Quote 'when we have had our fun, we will retire gracefully and return home'
Well even if I could afford too I wouldn't . Sorry to say but with the whole of Europe to choose from the UK is the last place I would go.
Back to top Go down
nu2bg
Super user
Super user
nu2bg

PostSubject: Are you really as happy as you thought you would be???   Are you really as happy as you thought you would be??? - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 27, 2010 8:47 pm

I can't beleive the information that you all have added here I am well pleased will all the answers thank you all
Back to top Go down
Gimp
Super user
Super user
Gimp

PostSubject: Are you really as happy as you thought you would be???   Are you really as happy as you thought you would be??? - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 21, 2010 9:24 pm

I wonder if its possible that some people in Bulgaria realise they made a serious mistake but are to pigheaded to admit it? I'm not saying that about anyone I know but its just a thought?
Back to top Go down
cheekychops
Super user
Super user
cheekychops

PostSubject: Are you really as happy as you thought you would be???   Are you really as happy as you thought you would be??? - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 18, 2011 2:47 pm

Gimp wrote:
I wonder if its possible that some people in Bulgaria realise they made a serious mistake but are to pigheaded to admit it? I'm not saying that about anyone I know but its just a thought?

I think you do have a point here Gimp I'm sure there are some people who have bought a property during the boom period and have lived to regret it but are not prepared to swallow their pride and say so I don't live in Bulgaria although I do have a property out there for hols at the moment but maybe latter I might consider living there but only after the country has improved in all sorts of ways
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Are you really as happy as you thought you would be???   Are you really as happy as you thought you would be??? - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 18, 2011 2:50 pm

cheekychops wrote:
only after the country has improved in all sorts of ways

"
All"
ways might be more apposite s s s s s s s s s
Back to top Go down
scott
Super user
Super user
scott

PostSubject: Re: Are you really as happy as you thought you would be???   Are you really as happy as you thought you would be??? - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 05, 2011 7:01 pm

Another good topic and maybe now some of you have been in BG a bit longer and had time to reflect are you as happy as you say thought you would be? Are you really as happy as you thought you would be??? - Page 5 3023850720
Back to top Go down
oldun
Super user
Super user

PostSubject: Re: Are you really as happy as you thought you would be???   Are you really as happy as you thought you would be??? - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 07, 2011 4:20 pm

Yes, I am still happy but that's not to say there haven't been times when I have thought it was time to leave. Why? Certainly not because we are tired of Bulgaria, its weather, its people or our village, but because of a few disenchanted Brits who came and systematically destroyed some of the happiness we had for the 2 years before they arrived. Sorry to have to say this but its the truth. I believe that things are about to improve and we can all get on with our own lives. I think there are many people who have had this problem which is all down to jealousy and envy of personal happiness when others are not and cannot return from whence they came.
Bulgaria has a lot to offer if people are prepared to take the rough with the smooth and the friendliness of village Bulgarians is amazing. At least that is our experience but then we have taken the trouble to integrate and try to learn the language which makes a big difference. After 7 years here and at my great age, I have no intention of returning to Britain. My family know I am happy here with my partner and I enjoy my annual visits to Britain. Although blessed with good health, both of us have had to use some health care here and we were both happy with the service. Similarly with dental care and opticians. I love my home which I could never afford in UK. I'd be lucky to own a terrace with small backyard and both of us having to claim benefits. No contest really! s
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Are you really as happy as you thought you would be???   Are you really as happy as you thought you would be??? - Page 5 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Are you really as happy as you thought you would be???

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 5 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5