If the price is right ???

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
createdbyme4you
Junior user
Junior user

If the price is right ??? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: If the price is right ???   If the price is right ??? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 10, 2012 8:22 am

First topic message reminder :

Hi and Good morning { hope this is the right place to post this}
Is there any one please who could tell me the going rate or what I might be expected to pay for things like
manual worker odd job's
rubble removal
garden clear up
concrete patio build
logs
keep getting very different price's from 10 to 500 lev two cart loads of rubbish taken away 60 lev then someone tells me that's way to much I have made some enquiries :Headbang:all so it seems someone sends round someone to do the work and the money is split one for finding the work the other for doing the work I cant keep up So have put a stop to it all for now till I get my very sore head round this If the price is right ??? - Page 2 3135333095
advice much appreciated I'm in a village between Elhovo &
Yambol If the price is right ??? - Page 2 1536469901
Back to top Go down

AuthorMessage
tonyb60
Mega user
Mega user

PostSubject: Re: If the price is right ???   If the price is right ??? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 10, 2012 7:08 pm

createdbyme4you wrote:
tonyb60 wrote:
Labour cost will vary. Much because you are a Brit or that they don't know you. You need to barter a price for the work that needs doing. We have a guy who does the garden on an adhoc basis and we give him a Packet of fags a bottle of beer about 8nb and his lunch. You will pay a maester (Brick layer etc) about 40nb per day. But again agree with them what you pay. Never pay until the job is done. We have heard of some people agreeing a payment then paying and the workers took the money did a little work and then they left. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Logs. Where you are you might be best advised to go to the wood yard in Kokorevo it is the first left turn when you get to the village. Kokorevo is the nearest village on the Elhovo Road to Yambol. The wood is cut and they will deliver cost varies as to the distance of delivery (Transport cost) but we get ours from there every year and it is up to now good quality stuff.

Good luck If the price is right ??? - Page 2 1536469901
T I will have a look in Kokorevo sounds good and not to far from me

I am a total plonker the Village name is Kukorevo never could swell If the price is right ??? - Page 2 1865348797 If the price is right ??? - Page 2 1865348797 If the price is right ??? - Page 2 1865348797
Back to top Go down
createdbyme4you
Junior user
Junior user

PostSubject: Re: If the price is right ???   If the price is right ??? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 10, 2012 7:33 pm

tonyb60 wrote:
createdbyme4you wrote:
tonyb60 wrote:
Labour cost will vary. Much because you are a Brit or that they don't know you. You need to barter a price for the work that needs doing. We have a guy who does the garden on an adhoc basis and we give him a Packet of fags a bottle of beer about 8nb and his lunch. You will pay a maester (Brick layer etc) about 40nb per day. But again agree with them what you pay. Never pay until the job is done. We have heard of some people agreeing a payment then paying and the workers took the money did a little work and then they left. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Logs. Where you are you might be best advised to go to the wood yard in Kokorevo it is the first left turn when you get to the village. Kokorevo is the nearest village on the Elhovo Road to Yambol. The wood is cut and they will deliver cost varies as to the distance of delivery (Transport cost) but we get ours from there every year and it is up to now good quality stuff.

Good luck If the price is right ??? - Page 2 1536469901
T I will have a look in Kokorevo sounds good and not to far from me

I am a total plonker the Village name is Kukorevo never could swell If the price is right ??? - Page 2 1865348797 If the price is right ??? - Page 2 1865348797 If the price is right ??? - Page 2 1865348797

don't worry I would have got there in the end somehow cant swell myself [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
oddball
oddball

PostSubject: Re: If the price is right ???   If the price is right ??? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 12, 2012 8:05 am

Oh bother If the price is right ??? - Page 2 3135333095, thanks davshaz now we will never hear the end of it c c If the price is right ??? - Page 2 2381841692 If the price is right ??? - Page 2 2381841692
Back to top Go down
createdbyme4you
Junior user
Junior user

PostSubject: Re: If the price is right ???   If the price is right ??? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 13, 2012 4:53 pm

oddball wrote:
Oh bother If the price is right ??? - Page 2 3135333095, thanks davshaz now we will never hear the end of it c c If the price is right ??? - Page 2 2381841692 If the price is right ??? - Page 2 2381841692
never hear the end of what ????????????? c
Back to top Go down
createdbyme4you
Junior user
Junior user

PostSubject: Re: If the price is right ???   If the price is right ??? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 13, 2012 4:56 pm

bgbazz wrote:
My local woodyard[10 miles away] delivers oak logs for around 66 leva and I cut them into blocks myself. When I have a job coming up which I have no inclination to do, I buy in any material needed, then put the word out about said job and how much I am going to pay..never have to wait long for a response! Usually works out about 25 leva per day..never give advance or progress payments..ever!

Works for me.

:Thank you:I'm going to try and hope it works for me to g
Back to top Go down
oddball
oddball

PostSubject: Re: If the price is right ???   If the price is right ??? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 18, 2012 4:22 pm

Ok we need to hire the roof on once side of our villa as we keep hitting our head on the beams so will have to have it level. Just got a quote to do this from a Bulgarian builder 5000lev this is the villa what do you think.

Back to top Go down
justbazz1

PostSubject: Re: If the price is right ???   If the price is right ??? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 18, 2012 7:24 pm

Sorry, but can't quite understand what it is you want to achieve. Raise the roof, perhaps?
Back to top Go down
starlite
Mega user
Mega user

PostSubject: Re: If the price is right ???   If the price is right ??? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 18, 2012 7:34 pm

is it the left side you need to raise g. sounds a lot of money to me, after materials have been got, labour should be on a daily rate. i would get other quotes. g
Back to top Go down
justbazz1

PostSubject: Re: If the price is right ???   If the price is right ??? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 18, 2012 7:44 pm

Starlight is right on the ball..get some more quotes. I think I can see where you are trying to go with this, just be careful the roof doesn't end up almost horizontal because the run -off will be be almost nothing and the weight of snow trapped up there in the winter would be a problem.
Back to top Go down
tonyb60
Mega user
Mega user

PostSubject: Re: If the price is right ???   If the price is right ??? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 18, 2012 7:58 pm

bgbazz wrote:
Starlight is right on the ball..get some more quotes. I think I can see where you are trying to go with this, just be careful the roof doesn't end up almost horizontal because the run -off will be be almost nothing and the weight of snow trapped up there in the winter would be a problem.

I quite agree Bernie. If the slope on the roof is any less it will become a flat roof. There is also a lot of work to do as well as raising the roof. bgbazz has made a very valid point about the lack of gradient and the fact that snow could well settle and increase the amount of weight. My opinion is to best leave what is, is. Learn to duck!!!
Back to top Go down
justbazz1

PostSubject: Re: If the price is right ???   If the price is right ??? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 18, 2012 8:35 pm

Tony, you can see what I can see..a problem in the making! One solution would be to raise the roof all the way to the highest point[peak], so that you maintain an even slope all the way down to the gable. You might even have to raise the height of peak to achieve the correct fall and therefore a more comfortable ceiling-to-floor gap in the lowest room. Thinking about it, that's probably what I would do. I thrive on problems like this!

If you want to send me some more photos or drawings with approx measurements I will happily apply myself to a workable solution....best bit is, I don't charge anything..not a penny!

If the price is right ??? - Page 2 3367882216
Back to top Go down
TNT1
Junior user
Junior user

PostSubject: Re: If the price is right ???   If the price is right ??? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 19, 2012 4:36 pm

Oddball ..Before i go out of my way and say (5000lev) is a couple of grand and all you need is the left hand side of your your roof raising a couple of inches / it sounds like silly money, you aready have the roofing tiles ..you are looking at bricks ands labour .

Go for bgbazz advice... before i get anymore silly pms from builders who want to hang me ...
Back to top Go down
Banned member2
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: If the price is right ???   If the price is right ??? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 19, 2012 5:23 pm

I think its a very good prise if the job is done properly ? to raise the roof all the tiles would need removing as well as the joists . I would think the apex of the roof would need to be raised for the drop to be maintained a lot of work in my book , but then i am not a builder . You pay your money and you get your job . I would think to get a good job done it would cost more than 5000 leva .
Back to top Go down
oddball
oddball

PostSubject: Re: If the price is right ???   If the price is right ??? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 19, 2012 5:47 pm

Hi Guys

Thanks a million guys for your suggestion and idea and TNT1 if you are getting pm please do send them to me g To be honest I don't know what the prices is for apart from raising the roof, we have the tiles and lots more so bricks and stick stuff plus labour and scaffolding - This was, I understand a verbal figs give although I do think it is quite costly. I will see if I can get some measurements for you bazz. Will keep you updated when I have any news but getting any kind of info is just so slow.

Thanks a million. g Oddy
Back to top Go down
justbazz1

PostSubject: Re: If the price is right ???   If the price is right ??? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 19, 2012 8:40 pm

It is quite a silly price really..removing tiles off a roof that size is a two hour job for a decent worker. My boys and I removed 280 sq metres of tiles, replumbed and replaced about 80 lineal metres of batons, replaced the tiles, fitted all new ridge capping tiles and pointed everything, all in a 12 hour day! That was four or so years ago and after all the rubbish, windy weather since then we've had no problems..no movement, no leaks at all. Total cost, not including me['cos it is my house], was 125 leva. Your biggest cost, as far as labour goes will be the interior..plastering, painting etc.

Please do feel free to get me some measurements and drawings, however rough and my offer still stands..freebie!!

And just to put things in perspective..come on down to my pretty little village, just 30 kms from Plovdiv and buy the house next door to me..3 floors, 4 bedrooms and lots of other rooms, well, all connections, including fast internet..on around 1000 sq metres..asking price around 3000 leva!!!!! Probably cost around 8 or 9 thousand leva to bring up to really comfy state..unless I give you a hand with things..at no cost, of course. And, before you ask..no!..it's not mine and I have no interest in it at all, apart from who future neighbours might be.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: If the price is right ???   If the price is right ??? - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

If the price is right ???

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next