View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 34 ... 65, 66, 67, 68, 69, 70  Next
AuthorMessage
The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

AuthorMessage
oddball
oddball

Winters here at last. - Page 66 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Winters here at last.   Winters here at last. - Page 66 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 06, 2016 12:38 pm

Now they say we will get snow in BG within the next week. Today is dark and dismal had a little rain, went to Yvanka's for lunch not home so had to put the fire on, it's cold when you are indoors so a small fire will head the villa. Keep safe and warm. g
Back to top Go down
justbazz
Super user
Super user
justbazz

PostSubject: subject   Winters here at last. - Page 66 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 06, 2016 2:59 pm

What a contrast...it's sunny and very pleasant here.
Back to top Go down
varnagirl
Super user
Super user
varnagirl

PostSubject: Re: Winters here at last.   Winters here at last. - Page 66 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 06, 2016 5:38 pm

first day i have felt cold..but that was only first thing ...C/H went on for an hour tho ..for the bathrooms b4 showering
Back to top Go down
oddball
oddball

PostSubject: Re: Winters here at last.   Winters here at last. - Page 66 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 07, 2016 9:27 am

Fire on a few days today it is fab out the roof on the gazebo is being put on. g
Back to top Go down
willowsend
Mega user
Mega user
willowsend

PostSubject: Winter has arrived    Winters here at last. - Page 66 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 30, 2016 9:40 am

It's 9.30am this morning Wednesday 30th November (St Andrews Day)  Scot  and I have just come in from the car and the temperature showing on the dashboard was -6c, the coldest so far this winter, but the sun is shining and everywhere is crisp and even snowing Time for a cup of coffee Winters here at last. - Page 66 511078427
Back to top Go down
willowsend
Mega user
Mega user
willowsend

PostSubject: Re: Winters here at last.   Winters here at last. - Page 66 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 21, 2016 7:08 am

21st December, the shortest day light hours, so there is only one way forward now and that is UP and the thought of that thing in the sky s Am I wishing my life away ????
Back to top Go down
oddball
oddball

PostSubject: Re: Winters here at last.   Winters here at last. - Page 66 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 21, 2016 7:32 am

willowsend wrote:
21st December, the shortest day light hours, so there is only one way forward now and that is UP and the thought of that thing in the sky s Am I wishing my life away ????

Been up since 7.30 and just looked at the clock and it is 9.30 now so time has indeed flown already. Hang on in there Willow it won't be long now before the s is back in our life again a few short months of cold and hey presto wonderful sunshine Winters here at last. - Page 66 3367882216
Back to top Go down
varnagirl
Super user
Super user
varnagirl

PostSubject: Re: Winters here at last.   Winters here at last. - Page 66 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 31, 2016 7:15 am

snow arrived to Varna yesterday...luckily , not too much where i am. but plenty in other parts of the area also airport closed around lunchtime because of the the strong gusty wins... yesterdays return flight , wizz to Luton did not happen..they are boarding now tho
Back to top Go down
justbazz
Super user
Super user
justbazz

PostSubject: subject   Winters here at last. - Page 66 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 31, 2016 7:35 am

Good morning VG

Weather is about the same here...a little snow overnight, breezy, but presenting no problems...pretty cool though.

Stay safe.
Back to top Go down
oddball
oddball

PostSubject: Re: Winters here at last.   Winters here at last. - Page 66 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 31, 2016 8:34 am

Snow yesterday and the internet was out all day Winters here at last. - Page 66 794030042 That is the problem we face not for the winter so have to get the dvd out thanks goodness we have kept it and the 1000's of films I was going to give it away.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
justbazz
Super user
Super user
justbazz

PostSubject: subject   Winters here at last. - Page 66 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 05, 2017 5:21 pm

I think, considering the current forecast, that snow might get to be a tad deeper over the next few days. If you can keep it from building up on the roof of the new structure, all should be fine.

I was up at the farm yesterday, checking everything and getting things ready...old fella next door busily advising me that things will be either pretty bad...or nothing will come of it. I suppose that's his way of 'keeping his options open'.

My biggest problem is the hens...the automatic feeder provides grain for a couple of weeks, but the water system freezes and believe it or not, they drink the same amount of water every day...regardless of the season (or temp).

That's why I was chasing after a pipe heater....
Back to top Go down
oddball
oddball

PostSubject: Re: Winters here at last.   Winters here at last. - Page 66 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 05, 2017 8:38 pm

justbazz wrote:
I think, considering the current forecast, that snow might get to be a tad deeper over the next few days. If you can keep it from building up on the roof of the new structure, all should be fine.

I was up at the farm yesterday, checking everything and getting things ready...old fella next door busily advising me that things will be either pretty bad...or nothing will come of it. I suppose that's his way of 'keeping his options open'.

My biggest problem is the hens...the automatic feeder provides grain for a couple of weeks, but the water system freezes and believe it or not, they drink the same amount of water every day...regardless of the season (or temp).

That's why I was chasing after a pipe heater....

I was speak with Bill today re the pipe heater and although he had not heard of it he did post this link Have a look. Also [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] may be coming over this month so maybe he could help, if I had thought of it I could have asked Hazel but she is back in Plovdiv.
Back to top Go down
justbazz
Super user
Super user
justbazz

PostSubject: subject   Winters here at last. - Page 66 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 05, 2017 10:32 pm

The main thing is...it's not the chicken coop which needs heating, just the water supply. It seems funny that no one has heard of them because every friends house I ever visited in Notts had them (that's where i got the idea from)...when I came over here more than 10 years ago, I brought mine (only one) with me, but it seems that I need more than just one. Many, many of them to be found on Ebay, but postage almost doubles the price, hence my asking for favours.

Just in case other folks know these things by other names, this is what I'm after.....

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Or this..

Back to top Go down
justbazz
Super user
Super user
justbazz

PostSubject: subject   Winters here at last. - Page 66 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 07, 2017 9:29 am

A tad on the cool side this morning.
Back to top Go down
justbazz
Super user
Super user
justbazz

PostSubject: subject   Winters here at last. - Page 66 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 07, 2017 8:39 pm

Popped (well that's one way of describing the drive) up to the farm this afternoon to check on things and melt the water for the hens...they were fine, but the 17 eggs they had laid were all frozen solid and cracked in half.

That was at about 2.30 pm and the temp was minus 13 degrees, so I guess the forecast was correct!

Almost time to start wearing a jacket when I go outside!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Winters here at last.   Winters here at last. - Page 66 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Winters here at last.

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 66 of 70Go to page : Previous  1 ... 34 ... 65, 66, 67, 68, 69, 70  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: The weather wherever you are ?-