AuthorMessage
The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

AuthorMessage
scott
Super user
Super user
scott

Winters here at last. - Page 67 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Winters here at last.   Winters here at last. - Page 67 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 09, 2017 11:13 am

The weather in the uk is very strange at the moment one day its freezing cold and the next its fairly warm for this time of year and at night it seems to be warm too so god knows what's going on Winters here at last. - Page 67 3135333095 Winters here at last. - Page 67 3023850720
Back to top Go down
justbazz
Super user
Super user
justbazz

PostSubject: subject   Winters here at last. - Page 67 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 09, 2017 11:41 am

A little better today...the wind has dropped to a gentle breeze and temp hovering around minus 3 deg. The poor people up in the area where Berni lives are still very uncomfortable though.
Back to top Go down
varnagirl
Super user
Super user
varnagirl

PostSubject: Re: Winters here at last.   Winters here at last. - Page 67 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 09, 2017 12:49 pm

A little better , yes ..as the wind has eased and its stopped snowing...sun even out in blue sky not seen that for a week
but its still Minus 10 and Im getting a bit P**s*d off with shovling snow every day and having to go up and down to the wood shed to stock a day or 2 up
if I dont Loose any weight after all this "unheard of excercise " for me..shall be well miffed..... La

bad forcast for next 2 days again for my area
Back to top Go down
justbazz
Super user
Super user
justbazz

PostSubject: subject   Winters here at last. - Page 67 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 09, 2017 2:37 pm

I might have been a bit too hasty with my earlier post...........it's starting to snow again. Winters here at last. - Page 67 794030042
Back to top Go down
justbazz
Super user
Super user
justbazz

PostSubject: subject   Winters here at last. - Page 67 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 10, 2017 8:45 pm

....Somewhat heavier than expected. It never stopped all day and now we have a carpet of almost 2 feet and still falling.
Back to top Go down
willowsend
Mega user
Mega user
willowsend

PostSubject: Re: Winters here at last.   Winters here at last. - Page 67 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 10, 2017 11:06 pm

Bulgaria's Burgas Cut Off Due To Heavy Snow, Strong Winds
January 10, 2017, Tuesday 
Heavy snowfall and strong winds cut off all approaches to Burgas on Tuesday.
Initially, early in the morning on Tuesday, traffic was restricted in the section of Trakia highway from Zimnitsa hub (in the region of Yambol) to Burgas.
Later, at noon, the section Yambol-Sredets – an alternative route - was also closed.
Slightly after 16:00 hrs, information appeared that the old road via Petolachkata hub cannot be used as well.
In addition, the closing of the section Obzor-Burgas made the approach from Varna impossible as well.
Traffic of all vehicles along the third-category road network in the region of Burgas has been prohibited.
- See more at: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
willowsend
Mega user
Mega user
willowsend

PostSubject: Re: Winters here at last.   Winters here at last. - Page 67 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 12, 2017 12:26 am

This is the road I would usually use to travel from my villa to the airport. I glad I'm here in the UK at present

Queue of Trucks, Cars at Exit Dobrich-Varna
January 11, 2017, Wednesday // 16:25

There is a kilometer-long queue of trucks and cars at the exit of Dobrich in the direction of Varna.
Due to deteriorating meteorological conditions, the road was closed on Tuesday night and traffic of all types of vehicles is still banned along that route, reported BNR.
People who set off with the information that the road Dobrich-Varna is open reached the blockade of the Road Police and have now been stranded for hours waiting for the road to be opened.
Others have been waiting since they cannot turn back as the road is blocked by vehicles that arrived later.
- See more at: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
varnagirl
Super user
Super user
varnagirl

PostSubject: Re: Winters here at last.   Winters here at last. - Page 67 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 13, 2017 11:39 am

ice with your drink sir......
St Constatin , varna

Back to top Go down
oddball
oddball

PostSubject: Re: Winters here at last.   Winters here at last. - Page 67 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 14, 2017 10:17 pm

Wow!  looks very cold there VG hope you are keeping nice and snug in the house.  Bazz make sure you wear that coat and a hat too.

We finally got back on line after 8 days out, electricity out for 3 almost 4 days, no phone signals either and our road is blocked off with about a metr of snow.  They said the snow plough cannot get down this road, which of course is rubbish it managed perfectly well last year.  I rang the mayor yesterday and today we have internet, not road cleared yet but the snow is melting fast, my big worry now is the water will run down the hill and into our garden flooding us again. We managed to dig our way out yesterday to the road up top which is all nicely ploughed but a mountain of snow piled up at our road opening.
We would have to dig to get the garage doors and the gates open but even then the jeep would not get through unless we dig all the way up to the top of the hill. Maybe now we have made a path we can get a bus into town on Monday as it is Brits week at Lidi on Monday 16th. Need to see what they got g

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

The Danube
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
willowsend
Mega user
Mega user
willowsend

PostSubject: Re: Winters here at last.   Winters here at last. - Page 67 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 14, 2017 10:45 pm

It's not like that in Peterborough you know, please keep safe and well and tell Dougie his hat suits him snowing
Back to top Go down
willowsend
Mega user
Mega user
willowsend

PostSubject: Re: Winters here at last.   Winters here at last. - Page 67 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 14, 2017 10:49 pm

Who took the photo's
Back to top Go down
oddball
oddball

PostSubject: Re: Winters here at last.   Winters here at last. - Page 67 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 14, 2017 11:33 pm

g Ah thanks that will make his day, keep telling him to wear a hat, he puts it on then 5 mins later it is off again Winters here at last. - Page 67 794030042
Back to top Go down
willowsend
Mega user
Mega user
willowsend

PostSubject: Re: Winters here at last.   Winters here at last. - Page 67 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 14, 2017 11:57 pm

Berni

What the hell are you doing out of bed at nearly 2am in the morning, you must get your beauty sleep Winters here at last. - Page 67 1931734156

Back to top Go down
oddball
oddball

PostSubject: Re: Winters here at last.   Winters here at last. - Page 67 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 15, 2017 8:37 am

willowsend wrote:
Berni

What the hell are you doing out of bed at nearly 2am in the morning, you must get your beauty sleep Winters here at last. - Page 67 1931734156

Morning Willow having problems sleeping these days eventually got to bed at 3.15 and slept till 8 09am so pleased with that. However the the day before only had 2.5 hours sleep. I need something to keep my mind occupied now the orphanages don't need us any more I am going a little stir crazy Winters here at last. - Page 67 3671290933 Winters here at last. - Page 67 1069384364
Back to top Go down
varnagirl
Super user
Super user
varnagirl

PostSubject: Re: Winters here at last.   Winters here at last. - Page 67 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 15, 2017 8:49 am

Had to have a taxi to take me to shops friday....first time out since snow came...car was iced up and could not get in it...not that I would have driven it down our lane to the main road !! even with winter tyres on my little Polo no like... yesterday with thawing the car doors opened,,now of course battery is dead...and we have another week of heavy snow from tomorrow it seems...bugga , bugga , bugga

different from when living in UK .i loved the snow..when everyone else went insideas it was bad I was the Idiot that went out in to play ......
how times and we change....
will have to Invest in a 4x4 if still here for next winter methinks
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Winters here at last.   Winters here at last. - Page 67 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Winters here at last.

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 67 of 70Go to page : Previous  1 ... 35 ... 66, 67, 68, 69, 70  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: The weather wherever you are ?-