Heating

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
speedgunner
Senior user
Senior user

Heating Empty
PostSubject: Heating   Heating Icon_minitimeFri Jul 29, 2011 5:42 pm

As I am moving over in late August and have the Winter to look forward to my house will be requiring a heating system.Now I would love LPG central heating but I have no idea who could supply and fit the system and what it would cost and the delivery of the fuel. The other system is a wood burning fire with a back boiler with radiators.What would I expect to pay for this system to be fitted? The price is not a big issue but any advice would be helpful thanks.I have a 3 bed house with Kitchen and two shower rooms whch are next to to of the bedrooms.If a LPG tank were to be installed we have loads of space outside. I will be living in Brestak village not to far from Dobrich and Varna. T
Back to top Go down
tonyb60
Mega user
Mega user

Heating Empty
PostSubject: Re: Heating   Heating Icon_minitimeFri Jul 29, 2011 7:00 pm

LPG is a big problem has it has got so many safety features it will shut it self down at the blink of an eye. You will probably need a wood boiler but I would not recommend a back boiler as wood burners need to be cleaned on a regular basis because of tar and soot. A sectional boiler is by far the best but quite expensive. You would probably burn between 20 - 25 cubic meters of wood per winter depending on the severity. You would also need somewhere to store the wood in a dry location. Sorry but I cannot recommend a plumber in your area, but I dare say that someone on here will know one. Good luck.
Back to top Go down
itchyfeet
Mega user
Mega user
itchyfeet

Heating Empty
PostSubject: Re: Heating   Heating Icon_minitimeFri Jul 29, 2011 7:38 pm

This coming winter will probably include me and Annette sorting out some form of heating speedgunner and personally, I do feel the cold. So a handy garment for me would be a portable electric blanket in the shape of an overcoat that is driven by a smallish battery, this of course would only be worn indoors, layers of other clothes would have to go on to walk out the front door!!
Eric

s s
Back to top Go down
Esta
Senior user
Senior user

Heating Empty
PostSubject: Re: Heating   Heating Icon_minitimeSat Jul 30, 2011 8:43 am

I personally would go with the wood burner and back boiler. Readily available units and fuel - reasonably cheap - relatively easy to install and service (we have bought a prity 28 + 5 recently for 1,300 Leva). At that price the unit could be replaced say in 7-10 years, it heats our 4 bedroom house.

I find it often easier to keep things simple in Bulgaria - do as the majority do - materials and fuel is supplied by what the masses want. Start moving away from the norm and things cost more and are harder to get maintained.

Just my opinion!!! g
Back to top Go down
http://www.djebulgarianhomes.co.uk
speedgunner
Senior user
Senior user

Heating Empty
PostSubject: Re: Heating   Heating Icon_minitimeSat Jul 30, 2011 4:13 pm

:Thank you:For your advice!
Back to top Go down
Pavingslabsbg
Junior user
Junior user

Heating Empty
PostSubject: Re: Heating   Heating Icon_minitimeSat Jul 30, 2011 8:03 pm

Esta is right,keep things simple.It gets very cold in winter and complicated systems can freeze,plus you may loose your electric! Bulgarian Petchkas (wood burners) are brilliant,the Bulgarians use them for a very good reason.Probably the best investment we have made here.We are so warm in winter we have to open the door and it cooks food beautifully!
Back to top Go down
http://pavingslabsbg.com/
speedgunner
Senior user
Senior user

Heating Empty
PostSubject: Re: Heating   Heating Icon_minitimeSun Jul 31, 2011 1:46 pm

T
Back to top Go down
Alfie
Junior user
Junior user

Heating Empty
PostSubject: Re: Heating   Heating Icon_minitimeMon Aug 01, 2011 4:02 pm

There's a company in Varna called Otto Systems. They supply and fit heating systems. Their showroom is located on the right hand side of the road above Metro. Basically, they're between Aqua Center and Kat.
The last time we were in the shop there were a number of Brits who had used them in the past and were full of praise for their price and workmanship.
Their showroom has just about the entire range of Prity fires and boilers, plus a number of other manufacturer's equipment.
One more very important thing to consider is the level of insulation in your house. Our 1st winter here taught us that we had to dramatically increase the insulation in our loft and on the house walls. What you lay out in good insulation, you get repaid by using far less fuel in no time flat.
Good luck.
Back to top Go down
speedgunner
Senior user
Senior user

Heating Empty
PostSubject: Re: Heating   Heating Icon_minitimeMon Aug 01, 2011 4:49 pm

Thank you for your advice! I know where Metro is so I should be able to find them.I take they will put in the radiators as well for me as I will need only four, two up and two down.As for the loft insulation I cannot get up there unless I employ a child as the opening is to small.The walls are very thick though as the property is built of stone.
Once agian T Heating 3356871870
Back to top Go down
tonyb60
Mega user
Mega user

Heating Empty
PostSubject: Re: Heating   Heating Icon_minitimeMon Aug 01, 2011 5:08 pm

speedgunner wrote:
Thank you for your advice! I know where Metro is so I should be able to find them.I take they will put in the radiators as well for me as I will need only four, two up and two down.As for the loft insulation I cannot get up there unless I employ a child as the opening is to small.The walls are very thick though as the property is built of stone.

I think the advice here is that you may be well advised to have a fibran insulation put onto the exterior walls, this could well be a wise investment. g
Back to top Go down
varnagirl
Super user
Super user
varnagirl

Heating Empty
PostSubject: Re: Heating   Heating Icon_minitimeMon Aug 01, 2011 6:00 pm

fibran insulation..... not always a good choice ...had nothing but trouble with our walls since we had it done 2 yr ago.... Heating 927475117
Back to top Go down
Alfie
Junior user
Junior user

Heating Empty
PostSubject: Re: Heating   Heating Icon_minitimeMon Aug 01, 2011 6:14 pm

speedgunner wrote:

From experience, it's more important that your loft is well insulated - heat rises and will just disappear if you have nothing to stop it but a few planks , tiles and possibly some thin plastic waterproofing. It sounds like you have thick walls so fibran may not be needed on the outside. Dunno.
No doubt you'll find draughts coming in from all over the place, especially your windows. Make sure you have enough silicon sealant to plug em up.
Be warm, enjoy your winter.
Back to top Go down
speedgunner
Senior user
Senior user

Heating Empty
PostSubject: Re: Heating   Heating Icon_minitimeMon Aug 01, 2011 6:16 pm

T
Back to top Go down
sallyann
Super user
Super user
sallyann

Heating Empty
PostSubject: Re: Heating   Heating Icon_minitimeWed Aug 03, 2011 5:47 pm

I have been told different things about Fibran some say its good and others say it was a waste of money so maybe you should shop around and see what others are using.
Back to top Go down
speedgunner
Senior user
Senior user

Heating Empty
PostSubject: Re: Heating   Heating Icon_minitimeWed Aug 03, 2011 8:16 pm

T
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Heating Empty
PostSubject: Re: Heating   Heating Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down