Bullying in Bulgaria

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
AuthorMessage
oldun
Super user
Super user

Bullying in Bulgaria - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Bullying in Bulgaria   Bullying in Bulgaria - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon May 30, 2011 9:55 am

First topic message reminder :

I have just heard that another business run by British is closing which may or may not be due to bullying. Folks obviously might be scared of giving the real reason. On this forum I remember reading that someone has left Bulgaria due to bullying by Brits. I am using the word 'bullying' to describe in general terms the nastiness that makes someone feel they have to leave somewhere where they are otherwise happy. I know this is an emotive topic but one which might need airing. I thought that maybe it would be good to have an outlet on this forum to let people know what can happen if you fall foul, for whatever reason (if there is one) of other British immigrants. Better still, give advice on how to counteract it.
Back to top Go down

AuthorMessage
oldun
Super user
Super user

PostSubject: Re: Bullying in Bulgaria   Bullying in Bulgaria - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 26, 2011 10:12 am

Thank you for that post Willowsend. I know your case was far worse than ours because it involved losing your house, savings and business. However, the effects of the bullying we are receiving is just as hurtful and difficult to understand.
However, I am glad to say that I forced myself to get up early to attend the festival at Abernassi Monastery this morning. It was the biggest event we have ever attended with singing starting at 8am. I was so nervous I felt dizzy and disorientated but I sang my solo without a mistake and had such a warm reception plus presented with a special certificate that I immediately felt all was right with the world. I might write more of this in another topic because I rarely see any British at these events and its spirit-lifting to watch and take part even if some of the Bulgarian folk music is difficult to like!
The reception from the audience and the congratulations from my choir ladies and the hug from our choir director and accordianist convinced me that there is no problem with them. It has made me feel so good.
Everything that the article says about Adult Bullying is so true especially the narcisstic one. I recently received a typed letter supposedly from a Bulgarian bar owner but not signed and the wording is not really what a village Bulgarian would use. It is in English and the translation has been cleverly worded to make it seem Bulgarian, but the vicious things said and the falsehoods, can only have come from an English person and probably the same one threatening the Rockfest. It will be forwarded to our lawyer and should actually help with the assault court case.
As Willowsend has said, I doubt that whatever happens in court will change the Brits behaviou,r but at least it will all be out in the open. I think its only now that the villagers have started to understand that we are not all friends. They have given us a lot of support.
Please don't anyone think this happens in all villages, or indeed that our lovely village is a hot-bed of distress and gossip. It is only a tiny minority that are at fault and making us unhappy. This is the main reason I was loathe to go public, but I can assure anyone wanting a new life in a beautiful, peaceful village with lovely locals would go a long way to beat our village. We will do our best to cool things down and continue to keep our privacy.
It has helped to write this down and the festival today certainly convinced me that I have no problems with the Bulgarians.
Back to top Go down
oldun
Super user
Super user

PostSubject: Re: Bullying in Bulgaria   Bullying in Bulgaria - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 13, 2011 3:40 pm

Having just re-read my last post I see I made a mistake - it was Lyaskovetz Monastery and not Abbernassi.
We are still waiting for the court case but today my partner's plaster is off! Two months to the day in this heat! He cut it off himself with wire cutters - very Bulgarian!
As for the Brits - well remember-'Forgive them for they know not what they do....' and I do forgive. We both feel much better and stronger now because we have lived through one more of life's dramas.
Back to top Go down
oldun
Super user
Super user

PostSubject: Re: Bullying in Bulgaria   Bullying in Bulgaria - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 17, 2011 4:24 pm

Well, it seems I have lost some friends on Facebook recently. I think it maybe due to my postings on this topic because I have not mentioned it anywhere else and who knows who reads a forum? All I can say is that everything I have written is the absolute truth but people who I thought were my friends and who have attended free events in our village, including our party and had hospitality in my home, have chosen to believe the gossip. Why else would they delete my friendship? I post nothing controversial on there. Interestingly, a little bar was trashed last night and the police attended. One Bulgarian is in gaol. We were not involved in this at all thank goodness, but leaves me to suspect that there is more going on than I know about. Maybe we will be joining those Brits who have left because of similar behaviour because I do not want to live the rest of my old-age with this kind of scenario.
However, the balance is that I had a wonderful night with my choir ladies recently as I wrote in 'Super Days' so I must keep a level head and not overreact.
Back to top Go down
itchyfeet
Mega user
Mega user
itchyfeet

PostSubject: Re: Bullying in Bulgaria   Bullying in Bulgaria - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 17, 2011 5:57 pm

oldun wrote:
Well, it seems I have lost some friends on Facebook recently. I think it maybe due to my postings on this topic because I have not mentioned it anywhere else and who knows who reads a forum? All I can say is that everything I have written is the absolute truth but people who I thought were my friends and who have attended free events in our village, including our party and had hospitality in my home, have chosen to believe the gossip. Why else would they delete my friendship? I post nothing controversial on there. Interestingly, a little bar was trashed last night and the police attended. One Bulgarian is in gaol. We were not involved in this at all thank goodness, but leaves me to suspect that there is more going on than I know about. Maybe we will be joining those Brits who have left because of similar behaviour because I do not want to live the rest of my old-age with this kind of scenario.
However, the balance is that I had a wonderful night with my choir ladies recently as I wrote in 'Super Days' so I must keep a level head and not overreact.

Sorry to hear of your problems oldun - Unfortunately some people do believe what they hear 2nd or 3rd hand and act accordingly. My wife goes on Facebook, but personally I cannot stand the site, the chatter I see on there between other friends and the language used leaves a lot to be desired. But this is life in the 21st century I suppose, my daughters use it to send pictures to us and after downloading I switch the site off.

As for villains going about their daily business, don't get too upset about it, it happens all over world, the UK is not the country we all loved and remembered and going back there will not make it all go away.
Back to top Go down
oldun
Super user
Super user

PostSubject: Re: Bullying in Bulgaria   Bullying in Bulgaria - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 17, 2011 6:40 pm

Of course you are right Itchyfeet and I don't really wish to return to Britain because I am very happy here with my partner. Its just a knee jerk reaction. I must remember all the positives and believe in Karma.
As for Facebook - I entirely agree and I will be deleting my account eventually. At the moment I am just deleting all 'suspect friends'. I only gave in to joining because I got emails asking me to. Its been okay until now when people have started deleting me. I have sent messages asking why? and had no response so I haven't a clue what they have heard.
I have also asked Brits involved in the village why they have taken to disliking us but to no avail. I don't think there will ever be a court case and if that's the case, I will face the troublemakers and ask them personally what the problem is with us since they have not answered my emails. The fact that my partner had his leg broken cannot go unchallenged. It has helped me to write this down regardless of whether it is wise or not and I thank all of you once again for my karmas.
I just want a peaceful life and to be left alone. Why is that so difficult for folks to understand? If nothing else I hope my troubles will help anyone else having similar problems. Anyone reading this with a view to passing it on has my blessing because I don't believe I have said or done anything I shouldn't and neither has my partner. I would just appreciate them telling me what the problem is if there is one and not to hide behind what amounts to a poison pen letter.
Back to top Go down
willowsend
Mega user
Mega user
willowsend

PostSubject: Re: Bullying in Bulgaria   Bullying in Bulgaria - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 18, 2011 2:15 am

Come on oldun :Handshake:forget all the negatives and be positive, after all you are top of the karma league, [size=150:296l6xrc](CONGRATULATIONS) :Party2: :Wav: :Celebration: :Celebration: :Celebration:[size=150:296l6xrc]so somebody must love you

I personally would not let these people who you think have turned on you, ruffle your feathers, as you know these sort of people are envious of anybody who can contribute something successful and positive to society
Back to top Go down
oldun
Super user
Super user

PostSubject: Re: Bullying in Bulgaria   Bullying in Bulgaria - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 19, 2011 10:37 am

Thanks for the congrats on my karmas Willowsend and its been great to get such support for my ramblings. I am very positive and thankfully, after the last bout of trouble (which didn't involve us), things seem to be quieting down. Ignoring obviously does work eventually. Therefore I have been doing a lot of deleting lately on FB and I will be saying no more on my particular bullying problems on this forum. I can recommend the ignoring technique to anyone experiencing unpleasantness of any kind. Its hard but it works in the long run. Thanks again to you all for the support. Bullying in Bulgaria - Page 4 1536469901 T
Back to top Go down
BGTRAVELLER
Super user
Super user
BGTRAVELLER

PostSubject: Re: Bullying in Bulgaria   Bullying in Bulgaria - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 19, 2011 8:15 pm

Well done to all the people who wrote here there is so much to learn from what has been said and a special thanks to oldun Bullying in Bulgaria - Page 4 739492727
Back to top Go down
fruitlover
Senior user
Senior user

PostSubject: Re: Bullying in Bulgaria   Bullying in Bulgaria - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 20, 2011 12:02 am

Oldun, those people may have called themselves 'Bullying in Bulgaria - Page 4 1931734156' but if they didn't care about you and wouldn't go the extra mile for you, then they were not, so no loss to you really.
Back to top Go down
oldun
Super user
Super user

PostSubject: Re: Bullying in Bulgaria   Bullying in Bulgaria - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 20, 2011 10:22 am

Once again Fruitlover you are absolutely right. For anyone choosing to believe gossip or just to not want to be involved, proves without a doubt that they were not genuine friends in the first place. No-one has asked our side of the story. The fact that no Brit has offered either of us a lift or if we need anything or offered help with the garden speaks for itself. Whereas I believe that our respect from the locals has risen because we have not caused problems for the village by ranting and raving at every opportunity and have shown our strength by carrying on as best we can as usual. So in the end we have had a result and hopefully all will return to normal. s
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Bullying in Bulgaria   Bullying in Bulgaria - Page 4 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Bullying in Bulgaria

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 4 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4