altText

A little help with some of the Fish/Products in Bulgaria

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Netsniperthefirst
Netsniperthefirst

A little help with some of the Fish/Products in Bulgaria - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: A little help with some of the Fish/Products in Bulgaria   A little help with some of the Fish/Products in Bulgaria - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 19, 2009 8:09 pm

First topic message reminder :

Hiya Folks I have been digging out some of the stuff I had a while ago to help me identify some of the fish product in Bulgaria and though it may help some others, please note that the ingredients in these fish may vary between suppliers, and if you can add to this ideally with pics it would be very useful to others who like their Fish

Hiya Folks I have been digging out some of the stuff I had a while ago to help me identify some of the fish product in Bulgaria and though it may help some others, please note that the ingredients in these fish may vary between suppliers, and if you can add to this ideally with pics it would be very useful to others who like their Fish

САЛАТА КОПЪРКА (Usually sold in jars)
SPRATS SALAD
Ingredients: sprats, salt, vinegar acid, refined sunflower oil, vegetables

КОПЪРКА В РИБЕН (Usually sold in jars)
SPRATS IN FISH SAUCE
Ingredients: sprats, salt, vinegar acid, fish sauce

СОЛЕНО-МАРИНОВАНА КОПЪРКА (Usually sold in jars)
SALTED-MARINATED SPRATS
Ingredients: sprats, refined sunflower oil, salt and vinegar acid

КОПЪРКА ПИКАНТНА
SPRATS CHILI (Usually sold in jars)
Ingredients: sprats, salt, vinegar acid, refined sunflower oil, cayenne, chili pepper

ПУШЕНА КОПЪРКА
SMOKED SPRATS (Usually sold in jars)
Ingredients: sprats, salt, vinegar acid, refined sunflower oil, fumes essence

Панирана копърка
BREADED SPRATS

Sprat breadcrumbs (wheat flour, salt, yeast), batter (water, wheat flour, salt, corn starch) May Contains gluten.
Cooking instructions: From frozen. deep fry in hot oil at 180 deg.c for 2-3 min or until golden brown.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Панирана пъстърва
BREADED RAINBOW TROUT FILLETS

Trout Fillets breadcrumbs (wheat flour, salt, yeast), batter (water, wheat flour, salt, corn starch). May Contains gluten.
Cooking instructions: From frozen. deep fry in hot oil at 180 deg.c for 6-7 min or until golden brown.

Паниран сафрид
BREADED SMALL HORSE MACKEREL

Cooking instructions: From frozen deep fry in hot oil at 180 deg.c for 2-5 min or until golden brown.

Панирани скариди
BREADED SHRIMPS

Cooking instructions: From frozen deep fry in hot oil at 180 deg.c for 2-5 min or until golden brown.

Back to top Go down
http://www.marketdraytonforum.com

AuthorMessage
Sarah
Super user
Super user

PostSubject: A little help with some of the Fish/Products in Bulgaria   A little help with some of the Fish/Products in Bulgaria - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 22, 2009 7:59 pm

this is a great topic and I do love fish but I have to say there are some strange ones here but if they are all edible then I am up eating them

sarah
Back to top Go down
oddball
oddball

PostSubject: A little help with some of the Fish/Products in Bulgaria   A little help with some of the Fish/Products in Bulgaria - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 22, 2009 10:57 pm

Oh I don't know about that Sarah, 'I would say there is something a bit fishy here!

Oddy
Back to top Go down
krypton
Super user
Super user
krypton

PostSubject: A little help with some of the Fish/Products in Bulgaria   A little help with some of the Fish/Products in Bulgaria - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 23, 2009 10:19 am

I like this topic netsniper and the reason is I spend quite a bit of time in Bulgaria ans I always have seen a tremendous amount of fresh/frozen fish but don't really know what it is although I have friends there who are always willing to help with translation sometimes its difficult even for them so these picture with titles will be a great help to me and others that enjoy fish thank you
Back to top Go down
scott
Super user
Super user
scott

PostSubject: A little help with some of the Fish/Products in Bulgaria   A little help with some of the Fish/Products in Bulgaria - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 23, 2009 11:50 am

Well done snipes a dictionary of fish available in Bulgaria it'll do for me look forward to seeing more of this sort of thing on here for us newbs who will need to know stuff like this I think its a question we never think of until its to late I have often been on holiday and seen all sorts of things in the supermarkets and thought whats that? so yes it a great help
Back to top Go down
bobbie

PostSubject: A little help with some of the Fish/Products in Bulgaria   A little help with some of the Fish/Products in Bulgaria - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 21, 2010 8:22 pm

hi, have you tried shark,we have tried a few of the fish here,but was'nt too keen,we bought some shark by mistake,[could'nt understand what it was],so i checked my trustie book of words,turned out it was shark,tried various ways of cooking it,and we found we liked it best with garlic on it,and cooking it till it was really well done,
Back to top Go down
mickhev
Super user
Super user

PostSubject: A little help with some of the Fish/Products in Bulgaria   A little help with some of the Fish/Products in Bulgaria - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 21, 2010 8:33 pm

This is all very good i love fish well done Netsniper

Mike
Back to top Go down
Netsniperthefirst
Netsniperthefirst

PostSubject: A little help with some of the Fish/Products in Bulgaria   A little help with some of the Fish/Products in Bulgaria - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 21, 2010 9:26 pm

Shark is best grilled with a marinade of your choice the stronger the better as Shark has a strong taste and needs to be calmed down although garlic is a marriage made in heave with Shark.

I have added below a recipe for those of you who prefer something a little more spicy

Shark Jalfrazi (Salmon, Bream or Bass or any other big boned fish can be used)

Ingredients:

1.5lb Shark Steaks Diced
1 Tin tomatoes (liquidised)
2 Very lge onion finely chopped.
2 Fresh tomatoes (each cut into 4)
2 Teaspoon mixed Powder (see my other recipes)
10 Cloves Sliced Garlic
4 inches Root Ginger do not peel, (Blend the ginger and garlic together)
Vegetable Oil
2 Good hand full,s of roughly chopped coriander leaves
1/2 tablespoon cumin seeds
8 green cardamom pods (crushed)
1 Lge green pepper, cut into strips
Chili powder to taste
10 Fresh green Chilies (Cut length ways)

Method

Make a paste of the Mixed powder and chilli powder with a little oil. Heat the frying pan and dry fry the cumin seeds and cardamom seeds for about 45 seconds do not allow to burn, Add the oil and and onion and fry until soft then add the garlic/ginger paste,chillies, green pepper and stir, fry on low heat for about 6/7 minutes. Add the mix powder and chilli paste you made earlier stir in and fry for about 40 secs on high heat do not burn, turn down the heat and add the shark pieces and seal all round Add the liqudised tomatoes and the fresh tomatoes and simmer for about 15 minutes or until the Shark is cooked but do not overcook stirring constantly. Now add the chopped coriander leaves and cook for about 30 seconds, just before you serve sprinkle with a small amount of fresh coriander , serve with plain boiled rice

DONE!
Back to top Go down
dave b
Senior user
Senior user

PostSubject: A little help with some of the Fish/Products in Bulgaria   A little help with some of the Fish/Products in Bulgaria - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 22, 2010 8:43 am

This is a brilliant topic. we have had problems like most,I think trying to identify what fish is what . Well done and thanks
Back to top Go down
Len Jennings

PostSubject: A little help with some of the Fish/Products in Bulgaria   A little help with some of the Fish/Products in Bulgaria - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 22, 2010 2:43 pm

Well I'm nowhere near Bulgaria. But have similar problems, but to me Fish is Fish is Fish.
Love it all, though many here ( Guyana South America) are freshwater, and a miriad of small bones which rather spoils the eating.
Back to top Go down
Daisy
Super user
Super user
Daisy

PostSubject: A little help with some of the Fish/Products in Bulgaria   A little help with some of the Fish/Products in Bulgaria - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 22, 2010 10:25 pm

I was looking at this the other night Len and I to found it to be very informative and of great help in identifying fish
Back to top Go down
cheekychops
Super user
Super user
cheekychops

PostSubject: A little help with some of the Fish/Products in Bulgaria   A little help with some of the Fish/Products in Bulgaria - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 27, 2010 11:27 pm

Well done you for taking the time to find all this out its very usefully thank you
Back to top Go down
Netsniperthefirst
Netsniperthefirst

PostSubject: Re: A little help with some of the Fish/Products in Bulgaria   A little help with some of the Fish/Products in Bulgaria - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 06, 2010 10:06 am

RIBNIK STUFFED CARP FOR SAINT NICHOLAS’ DAY ( NIKULDEN) 6TH DECEMBER

Ingredients

1 carp fish ( weighing about 1 kg )

6-7 onions

1 fresh or preserved pepper

2-3 red tomatoes

1 teacupful of walnut kernels crushed small

1 teaspoonful of ground dried savoury

1 teaspoonful of ground pepper

1 teaspoonful of finely chopped up celery

1 coffee-cupful of sunflower or olive oil

For the dough, in which the carp is wrapped, you need:

1 kg of flour

a cube of yeast, 1/2 match-box large

1 spoonful of vinegar

Method

In order to cook a tasty meal, first you have to brown the chopped up onions, the thinly sliced pepper and the peeled and grated tomato. If your stomach is too sensitive, add some water to stew the mixture. When the vegetables get soft remove pan from fire. Let them cool and then add the crushed walnut kernels, the savoury and the pepper. Salt to your taste. Fill the carp, first cleaned, washed, wiped dry and salted inside and outside. Sow it up with a scalded thread. Old women prefer to use red or white thread, because these colours are believed to keep from evil eyes. Dissolve the yeast in 1 1/2 coffee-cupfuls of lukewarm water. Add a pinch of salt and 1/2 spoonful of flour. Mix well and leave the mess in a warm place to rise for a quarter of an hour. Sip flour in a baking dish and make a “well”;
put the yeast there. Sprinkle with salt and pour tepid water. Knead the dough and then divide it in two parts. Roll out each mass to receive a thick sheet of the size of the baking dish. Spread one sheet in an oiled baking dish, oil it and put the stuffed carp on it, then cover the carp with the other sheet. With a sharp knife draw the carp’s head and scales on the upper sheet. Oil it too and bake the fish for two hours in a moderately hot oven.
Back to top Go down
Daisy
Super user
Super user
Daisy

PostSubject: Re: A little help with some of the Fish/Products in Bulgaria   A little help with some of the Fish/Products in Bulgaria - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 08, 2010 8:59 pm

Nets would this work with any fish say something like trout s
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A little help with some of the Fish/Products in Bulgaria   A little help with some of the Fish/Products in Bulgaria - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

A little help with some of the Fish/Products in Bulgaria

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2