altText

Why buy British food in Bulgaria

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Banned member2
Anonymous

Why buy British food in Bulgaria - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Why buy British food in Bulgaria   Why buy British food in Bulgaria - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 18, 2009 7:35 pm

First topic message reminder :

I just cant understand why people would want to buy British food in Bulgaria , We all know that most of it is full of e numbers and fats and a high sugar and salt content . It maybe in the form of a sausage or a pie or a hamburger . In Bulgaria you can get fresh food and fruit full of goodness . Why not learn to eat fresh food in season . Soup in the winter salad in the summer .
Back to top Go down

AuthorMessage
The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message
oddball
oddball

PostSubject: Why buy British food in Bulgaria   Why buy British food in Bulgaria - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 19, 2009 12:15 am

OK Nets, lay two extra places, Dougie and I will be around for dinner soon.

Oddy
Back to top Go down
krypton
Super user
Super user
krypton

PostSubject: Why buy British food in Bulgaria   Why buy British food in Bulgaria - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 19, 2009 1:24 pm

I have to say that having visited Bulgaria so many times I have always enjoyed the food there yes its different but that's what its all about but I also see what you are saying James sometime things are a treat
Back to top Go down
varnagirl
Super user
Super user
varnagirl

PostSubject: Why buy British food in Bulgaria   Why buy British food in Bulgaria - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 19, 2009 3:22 pm

yes Krypton , treat is right ..expecially when you are here fulltime...
Back to top Go down
Chris
Chris

PostSubject: Why buy British food in Bulgaria   Why buy British food in Bulgaria - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 19, 2009 4:18 pm

varnagirl wrote:
treat is right ..expecially when you are here fulltime...

Agreed. Had to drive to Sliven today and popped into Billa to grab a can of Draught Guinness!

Much as I like the Bulgarian beers, I really consider Guinness a real treat

Just have to wait until Christmas for the next one [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
http://www.tonicwebworks.com
Admin
Administrator
Administrator
Admin

PostSubject: Why buy British food in Bulgaria   Why buy British food in Bulgaria - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 19, 2009 4:21 pm

Are you sure you only got just the one because if you got more do you really believe you will leave them till Christmas
Back to top Go down
http://www.ourbulgariaforum.com
Chris
Chris

PostSubject: Why buy British food in Bulgaria   Why buy British food in Bulgaria - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 19, 2009 4:27 pm

Only got the one ... I felt guilty as one can of Guinness costs more than three cans of Kamenitza!

Too right though, had I bought more than one, there is no way they would have stayed in the fridge another month

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
http://www.tonicwebworks.com
Admin
Administrator
Administrator
Admin

PostSubject: Why buy British food in Bulgaria   Why buy British food in Bulgaria - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 19, 2009 4:31 pm

ChrisQBG wrote:
Too right though, had I bought more than one, there is no way they would have stayed in the fridge another month

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Banned member2
Anonymous

PostSubject: Why buy British food in Bulgaria   Why buy British food in Bulgaria - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 19, 2009 5:17 pm

If you want a real treat a nice bottle of Bulgarian red wine . That does it for me .
Back to top Go down
Banned member2
Anonymous

PostSubject: Why buy British food in Bulgaria   Why buy British food in Bulgaria - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 20, 2009 7:48 am

Well Bill how would a Bulgarian know a good sausage from a bad one ? And covering a good sausage in sauce you would only taste the HP bit like a curry or a good brandy with coke . Beef Scotland is the place for that try Orkney gold a real treat, I have tried lots of good English sausages none from a supermarket all from small English butchers that have won prises for them , so i assume you must of won prises for yours as well ?. I like the food of the country i am in Bulgarian sausage is not at all the same but there is nothing wrong with nadenitsa. And the tomatoes in the summer taste like heaven . When in Rome eat like a Roman .
Back to top Go down
baxter
Junior user
Junior user

PostSubject: Why buy British food in Bulgaria   Why buy British food in Bulgaria - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 22, 2009 11:58 am

Can't do without our birds custard powder or lyles golden syrup. We use the custard powder for our home made comfort puddings (apple crumble/pies for example) during the winter plus a big trifle at Christmas. Even though the Bulgarian honey is gorgeous you can't beat Lyles for pancakes.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Administrator
Administrator
Admin

PostSubject: Why buy British food in Bulgaria   Why buy British food in Bulgaria - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 22, 2009 12:03 pm

Hi Baxter I agree somethings you can not replace and I think its more of a case of what we were brought up with and some habits are hard to let go of? and the 2 names you mention above are very old hose old names
Back to top Go down
scott
Super user
Super user
scott

PostSubject: Why buy British food in Bulgaria   Why buy British food in Bulgaria - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 23, 2009 11:45 am

Another good topic but I say when in ROME
Back to top Go down
abracadabra
Junior user
Junior user

PostSubject: Why buy British food in Bulgaria   Why buy British food in Bulgaria - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 12, 2009 7:26 pm

Living in a foreign country there are times - especially in winter - when I get a food craving for something I don't normally miss. I think a little bit of what you fancy does you good!

I would never set out to hunt down British food particularly, but I sometimes see something and think "
nice for a change"
so I buy it, and I also make things I like and can't get, such as Indian food, marmalade, Welsh cakes, drop scones, crumbles etc, and why not?

There's plenty of choice and variety in salami here for example, but not much in the way of what most Brits would consider a real sausage. (although we have now discovered Kaufland sell one type which is better than most of the ones I had in the UK) So naturally, entrepeneurs have appeared who have seen this gap in the market and filled it. Nobody makes anyone buy it, it's all about choice.

As far as I am concerned, I try anything new that's offered, it's all part of the experience - some I like and some I don't - and when I cook I also introduce my neighbours to things they may not have tried and they have enjoyed this food swapping.

There are additives, pesticides and other chemicals in most foods, regardless of country of origin, and that includes a lot of the fruit and veg that is blithely assumed to be organic - lots of fertilizer and pesticide is sold in Bulgaria - so even if I have grown something myself I always wash it thoroughly. The Bulgarian diet includes a lot of sugar and fats so it's not all that healthy....so I don't think the odd dish of custard or an apple crumble here and there is going to make a crashing difference, nor do Ii think the food police will come and arrest me for eating a Mars Bar (on general sale here) if I feel I must....

There's an English food shop opposite my partment, and at least 50% of the customers are Bulgarians, so they are obviously enjoying experimenting with some of our "
traditional"
foods too - and again, why not?

Why buy British Food? Because you fancy it occasionally and thanks to the entrpeneurs here, you can!

Karen

Karen
Back to top Go down
Loupylou
Anonymous

PostSubject: Why buy British food in Bulgaria   Why buy British food in Bulgaria - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 12, 2009 7:51 pm

A subject close to our heart!! Bulgarian cuisine !!(yuk) If its not a Kuftee or a Kebabchee then what the hell is there? In Billa there are some obscene looking sausages (from which horse or donkey we do not know) if it s bought from the "
happy bar and grill"
it taste like the "
little chef"
in the UK and that was BUKLUK as well , everything taste like donuts!! We have had some pretty scary looking stuff offerd to us in the 3 years we have suffered sorry i meant lived here!! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Why buy British food in Bulgaria   Why buy British food in Bulgaria - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Why buy British food in Bulgaria

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next