altText

Why buy British food in Bulgaria

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Banned member2
Anonymous

Why buy British food in Bulgaria Empty
PostSubject: Why buy British food in Bulgaria   Why buy British food in Bulgaria Icon_minitimeWed Nov 18, 2009 7:35 pm

I just cant understand why people would want to buy British food in Bulgaria , We all know that most of it is full of e numbers and fats and a high sugar and salt content . It maybe in the form of a sausage or a pie or a hamburger . In Bulgaria you can get fresh food and fruit full of goodness . Why not learn to eat fresh food in season . Soup in the winter salad in the summer .
Back to top Go down
Chris
Chris

PostSubject: Why buy British food in Bulgaria   Why buy British food in Bulgaria Icon_minitimeWed Nov 18, 2009 7:56 pm

Whilst I love the Bulgarian food, having been an ex-pat for over 15 years sometimes I just love a mug of Yorkshire Tea (and, to be honest, a sausage butty covered in HP sauce!).

Each to their own I suppose, I can't imagine anywhere else in the world where I could make such a good (and value for money) Pumpkin soup than here, and I'll be making a batch next week.

Cheers
Chris
Back to top Go down
http://www.tonicwebworks.com
Banned member2
Anonymous

PostSubject: Why buy British food in Bulgaria   Why buy British food in Bulgaria Icon_minitimeWed Nov 18, 2009 8:07 pm

Yes tea is the only thing i could not be with out . But i love Bulgarian coffee , don't like the English style coffee .
Back to top Go down
FlorryB
Junior user
Junior user

PostSubject: Why buy British food in Bulgaria   Why buy British food in Bulgaria Icon_minitimeWed Nov 18, 2009 8:21 pm

Mmmmm, cups of strong Yorkshire tea. Yes, top of my list.

There are just times aren't there when 'Brit' foods, or something you can't get in Bulgarian supermarkets, is needed.

Agreed, GB style coffee of Nescafe and such is horrid.

Why would anyone want Bisto Gravy Granules (GB or BG) is beyond me. Doesn't anyone make their own gravy any more? Or maybe they don't know how to these days, which would be sad.

One thing which I've tried to find is coriander. If anyone has found a supply, do tell.

Chris, how do you make pumpkin soup? I'd love to know how to do this. There are loads of pumpkins and other gourds on the markets right now, so plentiful and so cheap, would like to make warming winter soups.
Back to top Go down
Chris
Chris

PostSubject: Why buy British food in Bulgaria   Why buy British food in Bulgaria Icon_minitimeWed Nov 18, 2009 8:29 pm

Full details here:

[url=http:
//www.
mybulgariaportal.
com/food-and-recipies-f31/easy-pumpkin-soup-t117.
htm:1s6k4way]Pumpkin Soup Recipe[/url:1s6k4way]
Back to top Go down
http://www.tonicwebworks.com
Admin
Administrator
Administrator
Admin

PostSubject: Why buy British food in Bulgaria   Why buy British food in Bulgaria Icon_minitimeWed Nov 18, 2009 8:31 pm

I may know a man who knows where to get fresh coriander in Bg I will ask him
Back to top Go down
http://www.ourbulgariaforum.com
FlorryB
Junior user
Junior user

PostSubject: Why buy British food in Bulgaria   Why buy British food in Bulgaria Icon_minitimeWed Nov 18, 2009 8:35 pm

Cheers Chris and Ashley
Back to top Go down
Banned member2
Anonymous

PostSubject: Why buy British food in Bulgaria   Why buy British food in Bulgaria Icon_minitimeWed Nov 18, 2009 8:35 pm

You can coriander in Billa and CBA . try pumpkin pie also nice .
Back to top Go down
Admin
Administrator
Administrator
Admin

PostSubject: Why buy British food in Bulgaria   Why buy British food in Bulgaria Icon_minitimeWed Nov 18, 2009 8:37 pm

Hi John is it Fresh or seed ? or powder?

ATB
Back to top Go down
Banned member2
Anonymous

PostSubject: Why buy British food in Bulgaria   Why buy British food in Bulgaria Icon_minitimeWed Nov 18, 2009 8:46 pm

Hi its seed and powder as well , i don't think i have seen fresh .
Back to top Go down
Admin
Administrator
Administrator
Admin

PostSubject: Why buy British food in Bulgaria   Why buy British food in Bulgaria Icon_minitimeWed Nov 18, 2009 8:48 pm

Thanks for that John [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Banned member2
Anonymous

PostSubject: Why buy British food in Bulgaria   Why buy British food in Bulgaria Icon_minitimeWed Nov 18, 2009 9:04 pm

Just to prove how good Bulgarian food is The Bulgaria PM got the hump today because instead of discussing the budget half the parliament where in the canteen eating meat ****** .

Last edited by 1 on Wed Nov 18, 2009 9:08 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Suzee
Junior user
Junior user

PostSubject: Why buy British food in Bulgaria   Why buy British food in Bulgaria Icon_minitimeWed Nov 18, 2009 9:06 pm

johnbaz wrote:
Hi its seed and powder as well , i don't think i have seen fresh .

If u can get coriander seed it's worth planting some to see what happens, usually works for me! Coriander is really easy to grow.
Back to top Go down
The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message
Netsniperthefirst
Netsniperthefirst

PostSubject: Why buy British food in Bulgaria   Why buy British food in Bulgaria Icon_minitimeWed Nov 18, 2009 9:53 pm

Well I think when it comes to beef it depends where you shop, being a Chef I never had any problems in Bulgaria getting any quality products, the only problem I did have was with certain spices so I guess its a case of where you shop, who you know and what you are prepared to pay at the end of the day, whenever I bought beef I always bought in quantity and it was always excellent and whats more it hadn't traveled a couple of thousand miles to get to me so I guess its a case of horses for courses, and as for coriander I got my neighbor to grow it for me so I always had it fresh

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
http://www.marketdraytonforum.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Why buy British food in Bulgaria   Why buy British food in Bulgaria Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Why buy British food in Bulgaria

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next