View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Gimp
Super user
Super user
Gimp

Information regarding cost of buying property - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Information regarding cost of buying property   Information regarding cost of buying property - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 22, 2011 2:49 pm

First topic message reminder :

I found this on another forum and it got me wondering how acurate this information is? I can't remember much about our transaction so does anyone know if this is upto date?

Information regarding cost of buying property

Real estate agent’s fees - vary
Lawyer’s fees - vary
Upon signing the deed the buyer is obliged to pay municipality tax in the range between 0.1-3% of the value of the property to be purchased under the Law on Local Taxes. This tax should be paid to the relevant Local Municipality.
Upon signing the Notary deed the buyer is also obliged to pay Notary fee according to the Notary and the Notary Activity Act. The exact amount of the notary taxes is defined in Notary Fees Tariff as follows:
Notary fees:

Interest under 100 BGN
101 - 1000 BGN
1001 - 10 000 BGN
10 001 - 50 000 BGN
50 001 - 100 000 BGN
100 001 - 500 000 BGN
over 500 000 BGN
Fees as follows:
30 BGN
30 + 1,5 % for the amount over 100 BGN
43,50 + 1,3 for the amount over 1000 BGN
160,50 + 0,8 for the amount over 10 000 BGN
480,50 + 0,5 for the amount over 50 000 BGN
730,50 + 0,2 for the amount over 100 000 BGN
1530,50 + 0,1 for the amount over 500 000 BGN,
But less than 6000 BGN

The buyer is liable for the land registry fee of 0.1% of the price of the property under Rules on Registry and Tariff on the State fees, collected by the Registry Agency.
All above stated fees could be divided between the seller and the buyer if it is stipulated in the Preliminary contract or in an appendix, which shall be non separated part of the preliminary contract.
In relation to their ownership of property in Bulgaria, foreign nationals and foreign legal entities who acquire real estate in Bulgaria are obliged to register the transaction in the Registry Agency within seven days as of acquiring of the property under the Law on Bulstat Register . The application for registration is to be submitted at the Registry Office in the region where the real estate is located.
In addition to that they need to register the property in the Local Municipality and the Local Tax office.
Back to top Go down

AuthorMessage
sallyann
Super user
Super user
sallyann

Information regarding cost of buying property - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Information regarding cost of buying property   Information regarding cost of buying property - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 22, 2011 8:23 pm

I've looked through some old paperwork and I found what I think are the correct figures which maybe slightly different now but I wouldn't think by much I think if you budget for 4–5 per cent of the purchase price you shouldn't be far out, anyway here goes. Transfer fees: 2–2.5 per cent, Notary fees: 0.5–1 per cent, Legal fees: 1–1.5 per cent Surveyor’s fee (optional), Foreign exchange costs (if applicable) Estate agent’s fees (if applicable) don't shoot me down if I am slightly out
Back to top Go down

Information regarding cost of buying property

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2