altText

DIY property buying.

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
oldun
Super user
Super user

DIY property buying. Empty
PostSubject: DIY property buying.   DIY property buying. Icon_minitimeSat May 25, 2013 1:22 pm

Its sometimes been said that you can buy property in Bulgaria yourself. Yes you can but not for the novice. I have mixed opinions regarding agents. I'm not sure they really do selling but simply put property on their website and wait for people to ask to view. However, I have some sympathy for them when dealing with clients who just want a holiday viewing trip with no intention of buying or maybe in a few years time! No wonder some charge for these time wasters.
However, it is possible to do something for yourself. Drive around an area that appeals and talk to English living there (quite easy to spot in the bar or shop) to find out if they know a house for sale. Or go to the local Mayor (with a translator if possible) because the Mayor often knows of property in their area. Morning is the best time as most villages close in the afternoon until early evening!
We have sometimes spotted English driving through and wonder why they don't stop. Villages often have more tracks around them with views not normally seen by driving up the main street to a square and back again. Bulgarians are a friendly lot and approachable and will often know what is for sale locally which might not be with an agent.
Of course, all agencies promise they will do everything for you but with an English-speaking lawyer it can be done yourself and its so much easier now you don't need a company.
Hope this might be useful for some house-hunters. Hint hint, mine is for sale. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
chrissybg
Super user
Super user

PostSubject: Re: DIY property buying.   DIY property buying. Icon_minitimeSat May 25, 2013 2:08 pm

you are 100% right. :DIY property buying. 1931734156: of ours bourght our house we employed a translator to work for both of us in total cost only a few hundred lev including the solicitor new paper work the skitza from the municipality etc.
People have to have a translator with them any way it is the law so why not do it all with the them and not the sky high prices the estate agents charge. Remember a translator has to do things by the book so to speak or she/he can loose their license an estate agent doesn't.
How about a for sale sign i just don't see them i think they should be started so property for sale can be spotted by those interested and looking
Back to top Go down
expatinchina
Junior user
Junior user

PostSubject: Re: DIY property buying.   DIY property buying. Icon_minitimeSun May 26, 2013 8:17 am

I asked an agent about adopting this approach and said if I located a property I was interested in and then passed it over to them, would that be OK. I was told no. I dont know if this reflects te way all agents work over there but that makes it an all or nothing proposition.
Back to top Go down
Scunnered
Scunnered

PostSubject: Re: DIY property buying.   DIY property buying. Icon_minitimeSun May 26, 2013 8:47 am

We bought our empty next door property this way, by asking the owners if they were interested in selling. We wanted it for the barns for our livestock, the house itself is a bit dilapidated.
The estate agent for our first house then took over at our request. Although it probably cost us more, we knew that everything was done correctly.
So I guess not all agents are as good! g
Back to top Go down
chrissybg
Super user
Super user

PostSubject: Re: DIY property buying.   DIY property buying. Icon_minitimeSun May 26, 2013 8:51 am

it is so easy to buy a property here it would be ridiculous to hand one over to an agent when you find one. Honestly you can find a location you like then go around the town or the village and ask about properties you see that you like the look of. Discuss price never offer the first price offered to you and then ask the translater to take you to the solicitor so that the property owners documents are checked. When it is confirmed it is all in order the seller has to go and get documents from the municipality because a house can not be sold if the tax is not upto date. They also have to buy a skitza a plan on the land property and out buildings. If what you have seen is not the same as the skitza then lower the offer or ask them to aquire planning permision for buildings not on the skitza when all those documents are in place then the sale can go through The solicitor will check all of this out the translater will inform you of every thing and take you to open a bank account if you want one change the electric phone water and municipality tax in to your name. It will be a few hundred lev in total and all done in accordance with the law. We have taken many people through the process now it really is so easy.
Esate agents don't want you to find a property for x amount hand it over to them because you will then see the price change for the 5000 or more they put on top and you will still have to pay the translator the solicitor etc so why would you want a 5000 plus price increase for no return doesn't make sence to me but each to their own i guess If we can help you or any one else then please let us know we don't point you in the right dirrection for a fee just want to help.
If buying contact our translator a really lovely women talks several languages her name is Dilliana she is located in Yambol but she travels a reasonable distance.

Edited by Mod. Please don't post phone numbers on the forum. Use the PM system please.
Back to top Go down
Scunnered
Scunnered

PostSubject: Re: DIY property buying.   DIY property buying. Icon_minitimeSun May 26, 2013 10:11 am

I agree with what you are saying, but we weren't living in Bulgaria at the time, and didn't know many people to ask for help.
Our estate agent was superb, and we've remained in contact since as friends. s
Back to top Go down
oldun
Super user
Super user

PostSubject: Re: DIY property buying.   DIY property buying. Icon_minitimeSun May 26, 2013 2:16 pm

I don't mind if our agents sell it or we sell it privately just so long as its sold. Unfortunately, I think that some people are still not permanently in Bulgaria and come to view on a short holiday. This means that a sale could go on for sometime and the DIY approach would not work. Thats why I am advertising wherever I can even on Ebay! Someone could well get a bargain but at least we could move on. I have to sell before we leave partly because I am happy to wait because I need money to move on and partly because a house soon deteriorates when left to its own devices given the vast temperature swings and quick growth of weeds! I also think that living in it when people view show how comfortable a place is. There is a property for sale in the village which had a beautiful garden and well kept home but you wouldn't think so now and it has a price tag that would seem very optimistic!
Just by way of comparison, there is a sturdy 1920s house in the village but completely unrenovated and not lived in for years and its 23,000euros. Also one that is half renovated by a local guy but far from finished at 20,000euros and a complete ruin on at 10,000euros. These make ours at 30,000 look the bargain it is and could be bought privately DIY quite easily. No catches and we would be happy to help.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: DIY property buying.   DIY property buying. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

DIY property buying.

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1