Student Protests

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
tonyb60
Mega user
Mega user

Student Protests - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Student Protests   Student Protests - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 24, 2010 3:19 pm

First topic message reminder :

If you have been watching the BBC news doesn't this lot really make you feel proud to be British Student Protests - Page 3 794030042

What annoys me more than anything is that the real students that will get on in life do not have to pay back any money until they earn 21,000 a year. What is wrong with them Student Protests - Page 3 794030042. When I was younger you had to be a real brain box to go to University, or if not like me study on day release if your firm would let you. In my case a day and an evening after work. Plus it did not stop after one term or one year it went on and on. Agreed I benefited from it, as the more qualifications I got the higher up the tree I climbed. g

I never thought I would say this but what has happened to the young generation of to-day.

I was still studying in my fifties, had to, to keep up with modern trends. Maybe I should have demonstrated, I wonder how far I would have got.

Another gripe is just how many of these idiots are at Uni just for a dose, I wonder Student Protests - Page 3 3135333095
Back to top Go down

AuthorMessage
mechta
Super user
Super user

PostSubject: Re: Student Protests   Student Protests - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 29, 2010 7:46 pm

Carmen wrote:
Your right Mickhev there does seem to be a lot of different this that people can study that will never be any use to them or anyone else for example why would you want to study Folk and Traditional Music :shocked1:as you say Mickhev it should be something useful.
hahahaha thats a funny course do they have an Andrea chalga music course? hahaha coz id pass that LOL Student Protests - Page 3 1865348797
Back to top Go down
tonyb60
Mega user
Mega user

PostSubject: Re: Student Protests   Student Protests - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 09, 2010 8:50 am

In my day very few, in fact only the really clever people went to University, in fact there were not that many Universities either.

In 1990 there were over 200,000 students. Student Protests - Page 3 3135333095

Now just over 10 years on there are over 400,000 Student Protests - Page 3 3135333095

There are also old style Colleges that have been given University status in order to cater for the large amounts of students. There used to be a thing called the apprentice scheme/s where the clever people were taught a trade or profession. There are now shortages in these areas and hence people are brought in from abroad to keep things going. A previous government (Labour I think) encouraged young people to stay on in education because there were not the jobs. So it is not really the students fault that they are in this position. :Student Protests - Page 3 3897195628: Student Protests - Page 3 2345823347 Student Protests - Page 3 3998065313 But in this economic mess how can we justify the expenditure. Even us Pensioners (not me yet for a state pension) are having to suffer. They say on one hand there are increases to pensions yet on the other hand they change the method of calculation so that pensioners get less of an increase.

Seems that we are all in this merry go round together. Angel
Back to top Go down
Gimp
Super user
Super user
Gimp

PostSubject: Re: Student Protests   Student Protests - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 09, 2010 2:32 pm

Looks like its all kicked off today but it does look like it better than the last Protest lets keep our fingers crossed that they all behave themselves Angel
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Student Protests   Student Protests - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Student Protests

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3