Student Protests

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
tonyb60
Mega user
Mega user

Student Protests Empty
PostSubject: Student Protests   Student Protests Icon_minitimeWed Nov 24, 2010 3:19 pm

If you have been watching the BBC news doesn't this lot really make you feel proud to be British Student Protests 794030042

What annoys me more than anything is that the real students that will get on in life do not have to pay back any money until they earn 21,000 a year. What is wrong with them Student Protests 794030042. When I was younger you had to be a real brain box to go to University, or if not like me study on day release if your firm would let you. In my case a day and an evening after work. Plus it did not stop after one term or one year it went on and on. Agreed I benefited from it, as the more qualifications I got the higher up the tree I climbed. g

I never thought I would say this but what has happened to the young generation of to-day.

I was still studying in my fifties, had to, to keep up with modern trends. Maybe I should have demonstrated, I wonder how far I would have got.

Another gripe is just how many of these idiots are at Uni just for a dose, I wonder Student Protests 3135333095
Back to top Go down
bigsavak
Super user
Super user
bigsavak

Student Protests Empty
PostSubject: Re: Student Protests   Student Protests Icon_minitimeWed Nov 24, 2010 3:27 pm

The unproductive elements of society throwing a temper tantrum when they have to support themselves... Student Protests 2079180590
Back to top Go down
nu2bg
Super user
Super user
nu2bg

Student Protests Empty
PostSubject: Re: Student Protests   Student Protests Icon_minitimeWed Nov 24, 2010 6:28 pm

This behavior is disgusting and appalling and I lose every bit of sympathy I might have had. I have children who will be wanting may be to go to Uni before long, but to be frank with , I will discourage it. The thought of them spending 4 years with this type, getting themselves into debt, some of which will be from just boozing it away in the Student bar, to end up with no common sense and not an ounce of decency is not a path I want them to take. Fund the vital courses, vital to our future, the rest of the mamby pamby degrees can be funded by the people who want to study them.... these young people are a disgrace. Do they not realise that life is hard? Their grandfathers and great grandfathers did not have anyone fund their education till they were 21. They fought a war with no choice whatsoever. Do not recall reading about how they protested saying it was not fair on their futures. Get over it, and get on with it. That is LIFE.

Back to top Go down
meandmine
Super user
Super user
meandmine

Student Protests Empty
PostSubject: Re: Student Protests   Student Protests Icon_minitimeWed Nov 24, 2010 6:40 pm

I strongly believe that if people need to protests they should do so without resorting to violence or hiding their faces. I believe that masking your face, as these people have done, should be deemed against the law. The need to mask their faces for one reason and one reason only!! they mean to cause trouble, if not ? then some sort of criminal acts. I also believe that if students commit violence or cover their faces they should be thrown out of university, or not accepted, and then they can save their or their parents' money. Who needs people like this? :Hair: :Hair: :Hair: :Hair: :evil:
Back to top Go down
bigsavak
Super user
Super user
bigsavak

Student Protests Empty
PostSubject: Re: Student Protests   Student Protests Icon_minitimeWed Nov 24, 2010 6:52 pm

My god those picture put it all in perceptive If this is all 'students' have to do, then I suggest we scrap all financial support and let them pay everything themselves. Why should we be taxed one penny for this rabble? Incidentally. Shouldn't they be arrested for this? Student Protests 794030042
Back to top Go down
tonyb60
Mega user
Mega user

Student Protests Empty
PostSubject: Re: Student Protests   Student Protests Icon_minitimeWed Nov 24, 2010 7:02 pm

meandmine wrote:
I strongly believe that if people need to protests they should do so without resorting to violence or hiding their faces. I believe that masking your face, as these people have done, should be deemed against the law. The need to mask their faces for one reason and one reason only!! they mean to cause trouble, if not ? then some sort of criminal acts. I also believe that if students commit violence or cover their faces they should be thrown out of university, or not accepted, and then they can save their or their parents' money. Who needs people like this? :Hair: :Hair: :Hair: :Hair: :evil:

I am not sure that these hooligans are actually students, most probably louts just up for a fight. Reminds me a little of the Chelsea (Shed) they had a saying "
we lost the match but won the fight' as was with Millwall FC and several other clubs in the 70's. Had nothing to do with the football, as this is probably nothing to do with the student protest :Headbang:But I agree with the statement why should we pay??? Genuine students will be quite happy with the new rules, I think it is just the one's that want a dose that are calling the tune here.
Back to top Go down
krypton
Super user
Super user
krypton

Student Protests Empty
PostSubject: Re: Student Protests   Student Protests Icon_minitimeWed Nov 24, 2010 7:54 pm

Yobs.! Get yourselves a job and pay your way through life like other people. Why should others work their ass off to pay for a bunch of spoilt brats who think the world owes them a living.
Back to top Go down
scott
Super user
Super user
scott

Student Protests Empty
PostSubject: Re: Student Protests   Student Protests Icon_minitimeWed Nov 24, 2010 7:59 pm

Although I agree with all thats been said here, Clegg deserves every minute of this uncomfortable situation because he went on camera and signed a pledge opposing the rise to get votes so it's right he should be made to squirm. In spite of Labours massive failings, the Tories didn't secure anywhere near enough votes to go it alone and Lib Dems also failed miserably after all the "
hype"
from Cleggs debate appearances. Maybe that's an indication of how much people really wanted the Tories to be their next leaders and a suggestion that the support they once had is also fading. I want the best for both parties (as all our futures depend on it) but the Lib Dems haven't done a u-turn, they've sold out... that said, I'm not sure why the Tories were targetted at the last protest. We all knew they were going to make BIG cuts and education was going to be one of the first affected. I don't get why students don't pay for their educations anyway. Student Protests 3023850720
Back to top Go down
starlite
Mega user
Mega user

Student Protests Empty
PostSubject: Re: Student Protests   Student Protests Icon_minitimeWed Nov 24, 2010 9:58 pm

they should not have to pay for university education, i didnt, i got a grant that i did not have to pay back, only a loan if you took it out and only 800 pounds a term, so not in real debt if you did. today degrees are so variable and not of any use really, pick any subject like the history of lord nelson and hey you got a degree. not any use to anyone. degrees once carried an element of knowledge that served society, but not today. Student Protests 927475117
Back to top Go down
oddball
oddball

Student Protests Empty
PostSubject: Re: Student Protests   Student Protests Icon_minitimeWed Nov 24, 2010 10:39 pm

Student Protests 1763269238

It's shocking behavior Student Protests 3135333095

Oddy s
Back to top Go down
Daisy
Super user
Super user
Daisy

Student Protests Empty
PostSubject: Re: Student Protests   Student Protests Icon_minitimeThu Nov 25, 2010 9:59 am

Why don't the newspapers feature a spread laying out the full facts if they did this then Joe public would be less tolerant of the children throwing their toys out of their prams. I have always had to pay the full cost of any courses/qualifications that I have wanted to do to improve me, myself &
I .Why should we subsidise people like this they have no respect &
it appears little understanding of what the government have done with regard to tuition fees.Threshold raised from labor's £15,000 ceiling to con/lib £21,000 ceiling with interest payable on anything in excess over £21,000 at a rate of approximately 9% which would mean a graduate tax payable on every £1,000 the grand sum of £7.50 a month &
if it has not been payed back after 30 years it is written off.

Poor little dears they are so hard done by get on with it, get over it or get working instead of thrashing around.

Rant over s
Back to top Go down
tonyb60
Mega user
Mega user

Student Protests Empty
PostSubject: Re: Student Protests   Student Protests Icon_minitimeThu Nov 25, 2010 10:06 am

Very true daisy but many of them won't earn 21,000 as they will go on the dole. Most of these so called protesters are not true students anyway they are just thugs.
Back to top Go down
sallyann
Super user
Super user
sallyann

Student Protests Empty
PostSubject: Re: Student Protests   Student Protests Icon_minitimeThu Nov 25, 2010 10:49 am

I'm sure many of the protesters are not even at university...just a good excuse to behave like idiots! If they are students, then parents look at the file photos and act accordingly.
Back to top Go down
paulhackling
Junior user
Junior user

Student Protests Empty
PostSubject: Re: Student Protests   Student Protests Icon_minitimeThu Nov 25, 2010 4:29 pm

My Daugther is in Manchester Uni her last year of Law and works 12 hours a day or more and as all firsts ,I have to support her , when someone can leave School do nothing and the state will provide for them . I think our future Doctors , Solicitors etc should have a little help . I do not agree with the action they have taken ,but thats youth , never forget whats its like too be young
Back to top Go down
bigsavak
Super user
Super user
bigsavak

Student Protests Empty
PostSubject: Re: Student Protests   Student Protests Icon_minitimeFri Nov 26, 2010 11:38 am

I wonder how this one turns out? in Bulgaria

Bulgarian Scientists, Students, Doctors Unite and Conquer

Bulgarian scientists, university professors and students, doctors and people working in the culture sphere have united for a protest against the governments radical state cuts for 2011.

The rally took place on Friday. The protesters have decided to unite against the principle “divide and conquer,” which, according to them, is the leading principle in the governments policies.

The demands were for more state funding for next year and reallocation of the 2011 state budget. The protesters announced that 5% of the Bulgarian GDP should be spent on health care, instead of the envisioned 3,76%. The same percentage was demanded for education, instead of the envisioned 3,3%.

Scientists and people working in the culture sphere demanded 1% of the GDP to go for each of their fields. Currently, the envisioned funding is 0,16% of the GDP for science and 0,35% for culture.

The rally is supposed to pass the central streets of Sofia and to end symbolically in front of the Finance Ministry.

Bulgarian students, scientists and doctors have been staging numerous protests of their own, but this was their first united protest against the government.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Student Protests Empty
PostSubject: Re: Student Protests   Student Protests Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Student Protests

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next