living in Bulgaria

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
snail
Senior user
Senior user

living in Bulgaria Empty
PostSubject: living in Bulgaria   living in Bulgaria Icon_minitimeTue Sep 21, 2010 7:59 am

l'll be interested in reading about the experiences and lifestyles of the ex-pats that have moved from Turkey and into Bulgaria to start a new life and the reasons why Bulgaria has been the chosen destination.l hear of many that do want to sell up here in Turkey,because of the unforeseen circumstances that has ruined their dreams.But unfortunately for some they are stuck with a property that just cannot sell and therefore in some cases are drastically reducing their property at a great loss for them to move on.
My reason for moving to Bulgaria is due to what l have learnt from an aquaintance of mine that has told me how you can live on 4,000Pd's comfortably and with properties that have large gardens is the norm.l heard the fruit and vegatables are quite exspensive,but the meat and other commodities are at a very affordable realistic price.

l am attracted to The lifestyle of Bulgaria because what opportunities are for me to own a large plot of land at a affordable price.This will give me a chance to put my skills in practice once again as a keen gardener."
OH BLISS"
But here in Turkey the land is so exspensive to own such large plots,which is well out of my league.Where l live,a plot of a 400sq meter building plot is going for 60,000PD's.How can they justify that price is beyond me.
Back to top Go down
Chris
Chris

living in Bulgaria Empty
PostSubject: Re: living in Bulgaria   living in Bulgaria Icon_minitimeTue Sep 21, 2010 8:41 am

snail wrote:
l heard the fruit and vegatables are quite exspensive,but the meat and other commodities are at a very affordable realistic price.

Not sure about that snail. I believe that Bulgaria has the cheapest fruit and vegetable in the whole of Europe?

Pork and chicken is extremely well priced, but beef and fish are ridiculously expensive.

1kg Potatoes costs around 50 cents of a euro, 1kg onions about 70 and 1kg tomatoes around 75-80 (depending on the time of year).

Always try and get your veg on the market (nearly all towns have one).
Back to top Go down
http://www.tonicwebworks.com
Blink
Super user
Super user
Blink

living in Bulgaria Empty
PostSubject: Re: living in Bulgaria   living in Bulgaria Icon_minitimeSun Oct 03, 2010 10:56 pm

I agree with Chris about this but what even better is the markets sell it all very fresh and I mean fresh which you wouldn't normally get in the shops
Back to top Go down
ABC Property Surveyors.BG
Senior user
Senior user

living in Bulgaria Empty
PostSubject: Re: living in Bulgaria   living in Bulgaria Icon_minitimeMon Oct 04, 2010 8:28 am

Remember the pound lev rate is poor at the moment at around 2.25 lev to the pound.This is the cost of the following locally.Can double some items if living on the coast.Beer 500ml in bar from 65 stinks to 1 lev a bottle (fridge provided for the Englichani's beer!),cheese from 4 to 8 lev per kg,bread from the village bakery one large loaf or 2x french sticks for 60 stinks (still hot when you get it),Spuds 75 stinks per kg,any locally killed meat 5 lev per kg,corn or wheat for animal feed 30-40 stinks per kg (locals will grind it in a machine for a beer) Mrs ABC knows more but she's out.This is just off the top of my head.I agree that it's best to use the weekly village market.Do a shop in your local city once a month for chicken breasts/mince etc.I get mince etc straight from a bg friends factory in Ruse.Made to order 100% meat with no added rubbish or fat.A local butcher can generally do this for you.Leccy for us westerners with dishwashers etc is about 80 lev/month,water 10-12 lev/month(1.7 lev a cubic including tax paid yearly normally as the water mans always too pissed to read the meter!), and wood from 30 lev a cubic.10-15 needed a year.Council tax/bin tax about 90 lev a year.Hope this helps.
Back to top Go down
sallyann
Super user
Super user
sallyann

living in Bulgaria Empty
PostSubject: Re: living in Bulgaria   living in Bulgaria Icon_minitimeMon Oct 04, 2010 9:24 pm

I think whats been said hear is about right I don't think its possible to find anywhere cheaper in eastern Europe living in Bulgaria 1995268642
Back to top Go down
starlite
Mega user
Mega user

living in Bulgaria Empty
PostSubject: Re: living in Bulgaria   living in Bulgaria Icon_minitimeMon Oct 04, 2010 9:44 pm

the domestic bills are cheaper and so is the bulgarian lifestyle, beware of the luxury charges, ie...what car you have. i have a 2 year old toyota 2 litre 4x4 basic model. the municipality tax is 650 levs. third party insurance 165, fully comprehensive is an extra 1,800 levs and the vignette 65 levs. way way above uk prices. swings and roundabouts really. living in Bulgaria 3367882216
Back to top Go down
oddball
oddball

living in Bulgaria Empty
PostSubject: Re: living in Bulgaria   living in Bulgaria Icon_minitimeMon Oct 04, 2010 11:34 pm

starlite wrote:
the domestic bills are cheaper and so is the bulgarian lifestyle, beware of the luxury charges, ie...what car you have. i have a 2 year old toyota 2 litre 4x4 basic model. the municipality tax is 650 levs. third party insurance 165, fully comprehensive is an extra 1,800 levs and the vignette 65 levs. way way above uk prices. swings and roundabouts really. living in Bulgaria 3367882216

living in Bulgaria 1763269238

Gosh Star the municipality tax at 650lev is really expensive is it because the car is only 2 years old. We have a pajero 2.5lts there and I think the tax mun tax is about 107lev

Oddy s
Back to top Go down
ABC Property Surveyors.BG
Senior user
Senior user

living in Bulgaria Empty
PostSubject: Re: living in Bulgaria   living in Bulgaria Icon_minitimeTue Oct 05, 2010 7:54 am

650 levs? Is the car on the company books? If so get it off and sell it to yourself and register in your own name.Tax in Vlas is only around 200 levs which is about the dearest place for car tax in Bulgaria.
Back to top Go down
Chris
Chris

living in Bulgaria Empty
PostSubject: Re: living in Bulgaria   living in Bulgaria Icon_minitimeTue Oct 05, 2010 8:13 am

starlite wrote:
i have a 2 year old toyota 2 litre 4x4 basic model. the municipality tax is 650 levs

Wow star ... that does sound a lot. Our Pajero is loads cheaper than that!
Back to top Go down
http://www.tonicwebworks.com
Sarah
Super user
Super user

living in Bulgaria Empty
PostSubject: Re: living in Bulgaria   living in Bulgaria Icon_minitimeTue Oct 05, 2010 10:56 pm

Why so much starlite ? that seems to be far higher than anything I've seen before

sarah
Back to top Go down
tonyb60
Mega user
Mega user

living in Bulgaria Empty
PostSubject: Re: living in Bulgaria   living in Bulgaria Icon_minitimeMon Nov 08, 2010 10:38 am

Well to-day Sunday was supposed to be a normal day s

But we went to the Village Square for an event which has not been held for several years because it is usually cold. But as this year is milder the event took place. It was a form of wrestling with a no punching kicking or biting allowed. Both males and females took part. It started at 11.00 am and finished at about 14.00 living in Bulgaria 2204270746. We thought that was it but no we had to stay and and listen to the Village choir and there was also a group of teens who did an excellent modern day song, they were as good as any in the UK and it was live no miming :living in Bulgaria 3897195628: .

Well I said I have had enough and at 17.00 we would go home. But no. We were standing with all the rest of the village when the Mayor came to us and said "
Office'"
We both looked at each other and said are we in trouble. Well;
on the way the Mayor stopped and spoke to 2 Police Officers. :living in Bulgaria 3897195628: living in Bulgaria 2345823347 living in Bulgaria 3998065313 That was it we said what have we done living in Bulgaria 927475117

So in we go up the stairs into the office, where there it was a big round table with all the dignatories sat around eating and drinking wine etc. Even the Village Doctor was there. We were beckoned to sit down and then the food appeared lamb (Which had been tethered outside earlier on) so the meat was fresh. Then there was the 10 year old special wine. Beer and rakia, then the bag pipe thing man turned up and started to play with a lady singing. Wow what an experience. After an hour or so I decided that we should go as I did not want to outstay our welcome. The mayor said hold on and made a big thing of saying good bye and how welcome we are in the village. How lovely that was it made us feel very humble but part of the Village. g

PS On our exit something the Mayor did keep saying was something that sounded like Prolet. He sometimes lapses into speaking German. Anyone got any ideas what it means?
Back to top Go down
starlite
Mega user
Mega user

living in Bulgaria Empty
PostSubject: Re: living in Bulgaria   living in Bulgaria Icon_minitimeMon Nov 08, 2010 11:01 am

my municipality tax for the rav 4 is 650 levs, balchik municipality set the rate independent of other regions. The same car in VT from new is 400 levs. I challenged balchik to no avail. i contacted solvit (eu), who confirmed that they can set their own rates until eu legislation is in place for unity across the country. choose where you live carefully and not balchik. living in Bulgaria 2381841692
Back to top Go down
Gimp
Super user
Super user
Gimp

living in Bulgaria Empty
PostSubject: Re: living in Bulgaria   living in Bulgaria Icon_minitimeMon Nov 08, 2010 11:58 am

There are much worse places to live than balchik so you get what you pay for I guess maybe your happy there though so if thats the case then its worth a few more leva here and there living in Bulgaria 3356871870
Back to top Go down
starlite
Mega user
Mega user

living in Bulgaria Empty
PostSubject: Re: living in Bulgaria   living in Bulgaria Icon_minitimeMon Nov 08, 2010 12:01 pm

I love it here, i just dont like being ripped off. when the eu legislation gets through, balchik willl have to conform. I will celebrate then. living in Bulgaria 2381841692 living in Bulgaria 2381841692
Back to top Go down
Gimp
Super user
Super user
Gimp

living in Bulgaria Empty
PostSubject: Re: living in Bulgaria   living in Bulgaria Icon_minitimeSat Dec 11, 2010 1:00 pm

You go for it young lady and I hope you continue to enjoy your life in balchik living in Bulgaria 3367882216
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

living in Bulgaria Empty
PostSubject: Re: living in Bulgaria   living in Bulgaria Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

living in Bulgaria

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next