living in Bulgaria

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
snail
Senior user
Senior user

living in Bulgaria - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: living in Bulgaria   living in Bulgaria - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 21, 2010 7:59 am

First topic message reminder :

l'll be interested in reading about the experiences and lifestyles of the ex-pats that have moved from Turkey and into Bulgaria to start a new life and the reasons why Bulgaria has been the chosen destination.l hear of many that do want to sell up here in Turkey,because of the unforeseen circumstances that has ruined their dreams.But unfortunately for some they are stuck with a property that just cannot sell and therefore in some cases are drastically reducing their property at a great loss for them to move on.
My reason for moving to Bulgaria is due to what l have learnt from an aquaintance of mine that has told me how you can live on 4,000Pd's comfortably and with properties that have large gardens is the norm.l heard the fruit and vegatables are quite exspensive,but the meat and other commodities are at a very affordable realistic price.

l am attracted to The lifestyle of Bulgaria because what opportunities are for me to own a large plot of land at a affordable price.This will give me a chance to put my skills in practice once again as a keen gardener."
OH BLISS"
But here in Turkey the land is so exspensive to own such large plots,which is well out of my league.Where l live,a plot of a 400sq meter building plot is going for 60,000PD's.How can they justify that price is beyond me.
Back to top Go down

AuthorMessage
Gimp
Super user
Super user
Gimp

PostSubject: Re: living in Bulgaria   living in Bulgaria - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 11, 2010 1:07 pm

I Just thought I would breath life into this again and maybe someone can add more to it so that the OP gets a better understanding of what life is like we seem to have got side tracked with the cost of tax so lets move on from that and get down to real life in Bulgaria I know we already have the 400 euro topic by Andy but this one I feel should be about real life as we all see it in Bulgaria the ups and the downs and lets not forget the difficulties that we all encounter from time to time with the different companies that we have to pay tax to let alone what its like in the villages and perhaps we can show the difference of life in the town compared to life in the villages.
Back to top Go down
oldun
Super user
Super user

PostSubject: Re: living in Bulgaria   living in Bulgaria - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 11, 2010 5:21 pm

I've just read this topic. So pleased you had your village experience in November. Its great when these things happen and you are now part of the village. 'Prolet' that you mentioned means Spring and as November was particularly mild maybe he was saying its like Spring and not Winter.
I love our village life and have so many surprises from our villagers. Last winter we were invited to a Christmas party and I took along our Christmas cake and some sandwiches. I was surprised that there was a table full of beautiful gifts and thought it was for everyone or another tombola but they were all for us!!! I was absolutely amazed at such generosity and like you, very humbled.
Another time I was asked to join some villagers on a trip to the theatre in Veliko Turnovo which is about 25kms away. We all piled into the laid on transport and went into the packed theatre. It was the opera 'Madam Butterfly' in Bulgarian of course and it was absolutely wonderful. I bought a programme and passed it around to all the other villagers. The cost of this, including transport? 4 levas. Amazing.
I could tell so many other wonderful things that have happened to us in our village but that will do for now. Maybe I should mention that 3 parties were held to celebrate 70th birthdays in the village including mine!!!!
It is so worthwhile getting involved in village life and will add enormously to a happy life in Bulgaria. s
Back to top Go down
oddball
oddball

PostSubject: Re: living in Bulgaria   living in Bulgaria - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 11, 2010 9:23 pm

:Xmas3:
Sounds wonderful H H People in general can amaze you living in Bulgaria - Page 2 2706089290

Oddy :Xmas4:
Back to top Go down
davshaz
Super user
Super user
davshaz

PostSubject: Re: living in Bulgaria   living in Bulgaria - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 12, 2010 3:28 pm

This all reminds me of just why Bulgaria is the place to be your right when you goto a Bulgarian house they always make you feel so welcome and as you rightly say it does humble you, the thing I find so nice is that they seem to really have nothing but are always will to share it with you and how many Brits can say that? not many I would think? it would be more like "
This is all mine"
yest no matter how the Bulgarians perceive you ie wealthy or other they always treat you the same living in Bulgaria - Page 2 2581928987
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: living in Bulgaria   living in Bulgaria - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 12, 2010 3:31 pm

davshaz wrote:
no matter how the Bulgarians perceive you ie wealthy or other they always treat you the same living in Bulgaria - Page 2 2581928987

Socially, maybe. When it comes to some work to be done, generally, no way.
Back to top Go down
oldun
Super user
Super user

PostSubject: Re: living in Bulgaria   living in Bulgaria - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 12, 2010 5:07 pm

I have to disagree Corialanous. Yes, the locals can be slow to react to a request for work to be done or something to be delivered, but they get there in the end and with humour. It just takes getting used to the way things work in a village. Although they don't have much and little money they can seem lazy so even the money doesn't seem to hold much importance, but I have all the time in the world now I'm retired. Our builders were also a great bunch and mixed in with the locals and everyone was very smiley and happy and did a good job with our renovation.
Of course. if you have to work here it could be a different story.
Back to top Go down
mickhev
Super user
Super user

PostSubject: Re: living in Bulgaria   living in Bulgaria - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 12, 2010 5:34 pm

Without a doubt the reason people come to Bulgaria is the cheap cost of living compaired to other countries you can live a very cheap and fruitful life here for very little money
Back to top Go down
meandmine
Super user
Super user
meandmine

PostSubject: Re: living in Bulgaria   living in Bulgaria - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 12, 2010 9:13 pm

But surely there is more to it Mick than money ? I'm sure you live in Bulgaria for many other reasons and the financial side is just a bonus I do believe that most are attracted to Bulgaria because of the cost of living but soon find that there is so much more to the country and its people g
Back to top Go down
oldun
Super user
Super user

PostSubject: Re: living in Bulgaria   living in Bulgaria - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 13, 2010 8:32 am

If power and money are your gods then Bulgaria isn't for you. If the relative cheapness of Bulgaria and enjoying the slower pace of life, beautiful countryside and friendliness of villagers is a priority then the country has a lot to offer.
Back to top Go down
tonyb60
Mega user
Mega user

PostSubject: Re: living in Bulgaria   living in Bulgaria - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 13, 2010 8:34 am

oldun wrote:
If power and money are your gods then Bulgaria isn't for you. If the relative cheapness of Bulgaria and enjoying the slower pace of life, beautiful countryside and friendliness of villagers is a priority then the country has a lot to offer.

I like that g
Back to top Go down
nu2bg
Super user
Super user
nu2bg

PostSubject: Re: living in Bulgaria   living in Bulgaria - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 13, 2010 9:02 am

meandmine wrote:
But surely there is more to it Mick than money ? I'm sure you live in Bulgaria for many other reasons and the financial side is just a bonus I do believe that most are attracted to Bulgaria because of the cost of living but soon find that there is so much more to the country and its people g
oldun wrote:

Your both completely right in what you say thank you living in Bulgaria - Page 2 570106603
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: living in Bulgaria   living in Bulgaria - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

living in Bulgaria

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2