Metal security grills

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
thetravelbug
Junior user
Junior user

Metal security grills Empty
PostSubject: Metal security grills   Metal security grills Icon_minitimeTue Jul 27, 2010 7:49 am

I am looking to get some form of security shutters over the windows and doors. However, I have several doors that open out onto a terrace and so difficult to put on normal roll down security blinds and think they would look horrid. I am wondering about the possibility of having fairly nice looking metal grill type security put on the windows and doors. Maybe something that locks on but could be unlocked and taken off when I am here.

Any ideas? I am Stara Zagora area.
Back to top Go down
http://www.thetravelbug.org
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Metal security grills   Metal security grills Icon_minitimeTue Jul 27, 2010 7:56 am

Hi Rachel,

Try John - he should be able to sort something out for you.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] ... d=89099082

Regards, George.
Back to top Go down
nu2bg
Super user
Super user
nu2bg

PostSubject: Re: Metal security grills   Metal security grills Icon_minitimeTue Jul 27, 2010 3:50 pm

I take it your talking about Johnbaz? if so I can say I have heard all good reports about his work if that helps you in anyway
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Metal security grills   Metal security grills Icon_minitimeTue Jul 27, 2010 4:01 pm

Hi Nu2bg,

Indeed I am - he is just making a large set of gates for me now.

B. Rgds., George.
Back to top Go down
thetravelbug
Junior user
Junior user

PostSubject: Re: Metal security grills   Metal security grills Icon_minitimeTue Jul 27, 2010 4:33 pm

Excellent. Have emailed him through website so hope to hear soon. Would rather pay a bit more and have someone recommended do it and someone that I can explain things to easily......
Back to top Go down
thetravelbug
Junior user
Junior user

PostSubject: Re: Metal security grills   Metal security grills Icon_minitimeTue Dec 07, 2010 11:30 am

Unfortunately from experience I have to say that JohnBaz (John Dennahy) is not to be recommended. I asked him to make my security grills back in August. He visited my house and I got a price and paid him a large deposit to cover materials. These were meant to be fitted middle of September. I had asked for the beginning of September as I was leaving BG around the 6th or 7th but he said he could not do them for then. I then arranged for a friend who was staying in one of my houses on and off over the winter to have the key and asked Mr Dennahy to arrange to fit the grills around the start of October. I even arranged B&
B for him. I had to chase and chase to eventually get an answer from him stating he was only starting the grills that week (around middle of October) so I asked him then if he could please arrange to fit the grills middle of November when I could again arrange for my friend to be around and she could inspect the work and arrange payment. I heard nothing from Mr Dennahy. Two weeks later I emailed him yet again for an update as it was now around the middle of November and my friend was expecting him to come and fit the grills. I had to chase again for an answer and eventually got a terse response saying it was not a five minute job and would be done as soon as he could. I received one email with a photo the next day and then nothing until yesterday when he said he would come and fit the grills next week, there were 3 more than originally quoted for and he wanted 1000 levs now. I emailed back and said that unfortunately he now could not fit the bars until January when someone was around to let him in and check work, I asked for a detailed breakdown of the costs and about the extra 3 grills. All I got was an email asking when I would send the 1000 levs. I said there had never been any mention of staged payments and I would pay the rest due as and when he fitted the grills and again asked for a proper breakdown of costs and to confirm the total. There was then a number of emails exchanged, some not very pleasant and he basically refused to do any more work until I sent him more money. He told me to stop moaning, I was getting a good job done cheap.

I have since found out that a number of other people were not happy with his attitude or work, although there are a couple I have spoken to that were happy with the work when eventually done. No-one else I have spoken to has been asked for more money before the job was finished.

I suggested that staged payments could be made if he wanted if he agreed to put a proper written contract in place with amounts to be paid and when and a completion date but of course he refused as presumably he does not declare any of his income in Bulgaria. This was just met with more abuse and stupid comments.

This morning I wrote to him and stated all our former correspondence about when things should have been done and that I still wanted the grills but due to my friend not being in Bulgaria until January he could not fit them or be paid until then. Given I have had to chase and chase and have not been kept informed about the stage of the grills and my friend has been messed around I do not think this is unreasonable. He can have all his money in a month.

I have also said I will pay for the grills as completed and he can deliver them or someone could pick them up but he refuses to allow anyone else to fit the grills.

I have asked him to return my 1000 levs if he does not intend to complete the job. But am likely, judging by his attitude, to have to take this further and issue proceedings.

This is completely stupid situation - he has 1000 levs of my money, I have been waiting on these grills for over 3 months now, he has been rude and abusive. When all he has to do is to finish the grills (mainly painting them and hinging the door grills) and come and fit them and in a month he will have the rest of his money as well as his fee for fitting them. But he is refusing to now complete the job. So unless he completes the job to my satisfaction or returns the 1000 levs he will be sued and will also be reported for not declaring his income in Bulgaria.
Back to top Go down
davshaz
Super user
Super user
davshaz

PostSubject: Re: Metal security grills   Metal security grills Icon_minitimeTue Dec 07, 2010 12:07 pm

Sorry to hear of you problems here but thanks for the heads up just one question though you wrote "
and will also be reported for not declaring his income in Bulgaria"
do you know this for a fact? or is it speculation on your part? I'm only asking because if its speculation or hearsay then you really should write it here, I hope you get this matter sorted and you get your money back or your gates finished/fitted T
Back to top Go down
thetravelbug
Junior user
Junior user

PostSubject: Re: Metal security grills   Metal security grills Icon_minitimeTue Dec 07, 2010 12:12 pm

He will be reported because my lawyer will report him.

My lawyer has been appraised of the situation and will be contacting Mr Dennahy shortly.
Back to top Go down
Banned member2
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Metal security grills   Metal security grills Icon_minitimeTue Dec 07, 2010 5:02 pm

The problem with people like this is they think they can just Bully people into there way of thinking , and it dont work with me . She has see photos of the finished job and i have told her that i will have to stop work on her job till i get a stage payment for the work cared out so far . There was more work than first agreed on . Now she is going to report me here there and every where . hand made thing take longer to make and i have done my best to complete this job as best i can . I will not now be working on her job till i get payment in full . Still you aways get one dont you .

Back to top Go down
Banned member2
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Metal security grills   Metal security grills Icon_minitimeTue Dec 07, 2010 5:04 pm

some more there is a lot of work in these as you can see

Back to top Go down
paulhackling
Junior user
Junior user

PostSubject: Re: Metal security grills   Metal security grills Icon_minitimeTue Dec 07, 2010 5:21 pm

Sorry to see that the both of you are not getting on things happen for all sorts of reasons ,without taking sides perhaps its best too PM each other and try too sort it together without going down the legal road . Anyway hope you both get it sorted
Back to top Go down
thetravelbug
Junior user
Junior user

PostSubject: Re: Metal security grills   Metal security grills Icon_minitimeTue Dec 07, 2010 5:22 pm

Not finished as not correct colour yet and still door grills to make. There was no more work than originally agreed on. There were three more grills than the original measurements I sent you but seeing as you then came out and measured all the windows properly you were well aware back in August of what there was to do. I have asked you time and time again to confirm the final cost and you refuse to do this. And had you been honest at the start and said it would be 3 or 4 months until you could finish these then I would have known that and could have made a decision at the time. The same if you had said you would require another 1000 levs once the grills were more or less finished. But you didn't. And so I arranged accommodation for you and for someone to let you into the property for October and then again for November......and nothing. And I sorted with that person to pay you once the job was completed as thought this would be better all around. She could get cash out for you to pay you as soon as the job was completed. Otherwise you would have had to wait a while for a bank transfer. And there would be bank fees.

All it would have taken was for you to be polite and keep me updated. Instead I have had to constantly chase you to see what is happening. And when I did then chase and mention the delays I would get comments like ' it is not a 5 minute job you know' or 'stop moaning you are getting a good cheap job'. And then you expect someone to just send you more money!

As already stated no problem with sending a staged payment, but as this was not originally agreed on and never mentioned until yesterday, I will send once we have an agreement in writing for the work. It will cause me more expense and hassle as money for work arranged with person who was to check job once completed and so is in BG and I am not and now neither is person in question. So to make a staged payment now I will have to do it through a money broker and get the money from elsewhere. Let me have the details I requested and the lawyer will draft the agreement and you can have a second instalment within a few days.

Or you can finish the grills and I will let you know a date in early January when you can go and fit them and you will be paid cash on fitting them. If you wish I will put this in writing as well.

I am not the one doing the bullying. I have tried to resolve the issue offering you various options and explaining the situation. You have just point blank refused to complete the job. I have already tried to offer solutions and resolve the matter without the need to get my lawyer involved.

If you do not intend to complete the job then return the 1000 levs of mine you have. But if you refuse to try and resolve the issue and reach a solution then I will have no choice but to involve lawyers and sue you for the money paid to you.
Back to top Go down
Banned member2
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Metal security grills   Metal security grills Icon_minitimeTue Dec 07, 2010 5:49 pm

I have done ten of these grill and sent you a photo of the colour i was going to use to paint them , The 1000 leva was for the material and in fact it has cost more than that , I have the hinges the lock and the door handles for the job . I didnt send you photos of them but if you want i will do . Plus i have done all this work on them . plus i could not get the right material for them and have had to use a heaver gauge . And if you think i am making a killing doing for you you are wecome to come over and make one and see how long it takes you . I told you i would do them as quick as i could and that is what i have done . I cant finish the doors till i check on somethink and that is what i told you . I also told you i was going to stop work on them and that is what i have done . Here are some more photos

Back to top Go down
paulhackling
Junior user
Junior user

PostSubject: Re: Metal security grills   Metal security grills Icon_minitimeTue Dec 07, 2010 5:58 pm

I really dont think your both going too resolve this matter on the forum i think your both at locker heads . and perhaps its not a post that we can all join in its more personal between the both of you . But really hope as you are both members of our forum you can sort it out . Hey thats want our forum is all about , helping each other !
Back to top Go down
thetravelbug
Junior user
Junior user

PostSubject: Re: Metal security grills   Metal security grills Icon_minitimeTue Dec 07, 2010 6:00 pm

Not disputing any of this, simply stating that if you now want a further payment that was not agreed at the start and has suddenly come completely out of the blue, it is going to cause hassle and expense for me as the funds for the job are in BG ready for a friend to pay you cash on completion. I will have to find these additional funds from somewhere else, arrange a currency conversion and transfer and will all cost more money. But if you want this then I have already said I will do this but we will put a simple agreement in place with regard to the work to be done, the payments made to date and to be made in the future and then everyone is happy, everyone knows what is happening and the issue is resolved. Can't see your problem with this as protects both parties from ay further misunderstanding or disagreements. So email me a copy of your passport, your address and your company details and this will be drafted in next day or so and can be signed and I will arrange payment. You can carry on with the work and we can arrange fitting for January.

But again if you for some unknown and un-stated reason refuse to do this, then you have two choices - finish the grills and come in January and fit what you can and you'll be paid for the completed job OR return the 1000 levs and we will go our separate ways and I will get someone else to make grills for me.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Metal security grills   Metal security grills Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Metal security grills

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next