HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

altText
altText
altText
altText
altText
altText

Getting your children into a Bulgarian school.

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

AuthorMessage
oddball
oddball

Getting your children into a Bulgarian school. - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Getting your children into a Bulgarian school.   Getting your children into a Bulgarian school. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun May 23, 2010 3:32 pm

Getting your children into a Bulgarian school. - Page 2 1763269238

Getting your children into a Bulgarian school. - Page 2 3356871870 Fantastic to know that the children have settled into Bulgarian nicely. Most children adapt quite quickly to change delighted it has all worked out for everyone. g

Oddy s
Back to top Go down
loopeylou
Senior user
Senior user

PostSubject: Re: Getting your children into a Bulgarian school.   Getting your children into a Bulgarian school. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 15, 2010 8:59 am

Been hyping our son up over the few months about going to school,cometh the day (today) we take him down there,get interviewed by the local press and tv about him going to school in BG. Shake hands with the Shumen region education minister who wishes him good luck. Watch the dancing and listen to the speeches finally it all finished and everyone filterd in. We were introduced to the director and taken up to his office where he promptly started on about documents from the UK to prove what class and what education he has. We got the general impression he could not be botherd!!Tried explaining to him that we do not have documentation in UK, but he was so bloody minded that he would not accept our son until he had some sort of proof!! Its our son we feel sorry for ,he was so hyped up and looking forward to it ,but in the end nothing. Next stop the Mayor me thinks!! And people wonder why we dislike this godforsaken country!! Getting your children into a Bulgarian school. - Page 2 794030042
Back to top Go down
BGTRAVELLER
Super user
Super user
BGTRAVELLER

PostSubject: Re: Getting your children into a Bulgarian school.   Getting your children into a Bulgarian school. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 15, 2010 9:05 am

First of all can I say I've missed your posts Lou great to see you back on here again :Thanks1:I'm not too surprised about the problems your having with the Bg schools its the same with anything in Bg its all paperwork and tax and if you haven't got what they want then as far as they are concerned its tuff this sort of thing wouldn't really happen in any other country so why is it allowed to go on in Bg I do feel for your son and its his feelings that should have been paramount in this situation, good luck and let us know how it goes Getting your children into a Bulgarian school. - Page 2 739492727
Back to top Go down
loopeylou
Senior user
Senior user

PostSubject: Re: Getting your children into a Bulgarian school.   Getting your children into a Bulgarian school. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 15, 2010 9:56 pm

Thanks BGtravellerhave not been on here as we have had a lot of problems with vivacom.As they say a week is a long time in politics!! or a few hours in our case!! We have finally come to some arrangement with the school (not what you know but who you know) nudge nudge wink wink!! We told the head that we would go and see the town mayor and before you could blink all was sorted (with the aid of a friend) and no money crossing palms (a first) so hopefully all things being equal, MONDAY Getting your children into a Bulgarian school. - Page 2 3386807041
Back to top Go down
BGTRAVELLER
Super user
Super user
BGTRAVELLER

PostSubject: Re: Getting your children into a Bulgarian school.   Getting your children into a Bulgarian school. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 16, 2010 8:44 am

Good luck for Monday and I'm glad the natter is sorted out now I think your right in what you say about its not what you know but who you know and I'm amazed you didn't have to part with any gold or turn up with your great grandparents and their grandparents Getting your children into a Bulgarian school. - Page 2 739492727
Back to top Go down
loopeylou
Senior user
Senior user

PostSubject: Re: Getting your children into a Bulgarian school.   Getting your children into a Bulgarian school. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 17, 2010 3:03 pm

Oh no you spoke to soon BGtraveller!! Went into the school this morning to register(or so we thought) Got there at ten ,produced ,passport, visa and birth cirtificate. Asked yet again (thru translator on end of phone) where our sons documents from the UK were? Told them we"
do not document everything like BG"
,"
why not "
came the reply "
because we dont"
!!yada yada yada. We were told that our son would have to go into "
perviy class"
,just what we had suggested two days ago!! Went outside while somebody phoned the Shumen district education minister, because the office was too small and hot,promptly to be called back in,now comes the good bit thru another phone translator we we told that a fee of 800 EUROS yes EUROS was a years fee for our son. If we were here working with a firm it would be free!! Makes no sense at all, hubby produced a directive from the EU stating that "
children from other member states are entitled to free eduction"
. As it stands at the moment ,if we take our bussiness documents in he will get free education, BUT ,ours is a non working company!! He can go in on Monday but he will not be registerd as being at the school until the paperwork is sorted! :Headbang:Chuffing place!!
Back to top Go down
Daisy
Super user
Super user
Daisy

PostSubject: Re: Getting your children into a Bulgarian school.   Getting your children into a Bulgarian school. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 17, 2010 3:50 pm

So do I take it that you will still have to pay 800 Euros? or have they waved it now, I haven't seen the eu directive so I can't comment on what it says? do you have a link to it so we can have a look hope you get it sorted this must be driving you mad and thats not to say what it must be doing to your son Getting your children into a Bulgarian school. - Page 2 927475117
Back to top Go down
davshaz
Super user
Super user
davshaz

PostSubject: Re: Getting your children into a Bulgarian school.   Getting your children into a Bulgarian school. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 17, 2010 4:13 pm

This is not good and they shouldn't be allowed to get away with it I think that you have to pay anything at all Getting your children into a Bulgarian school. - Page 2 2581928987
Back to top Go down
Daisy
Super user
Super user
Daisy

PostSubject: Re: Getting your children into a Bulgarian school.   Getting your children into a Bulgarian school. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 17, 2010 4:25 pm

I've just been doing a bit of searching and come across this

Starting school in a new country

As EU citizens, your children are entitled to attend school in any EU country under the same conditions as nationals of that country.

They have the right to be placed in a class with their own age group, at the equivalent level to their class in your country of origin - regardless of their language level. which can be found here [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] ... ?profile=0 there is a lot more on there if you want to have a look Getting your children into a Bulgarian school. - Page 2 1430720830
Back to top Go down
loopeylou
Senior user
Senior user

PostSubject: Re: Getting your children into a Bulgarian school.   Getting your children into a Bulgarian school. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 17, 2010 9:34 pm

Will have a look thankyou verymuch T
Back to top Go down
starlite
Mega user
Mega user

PostSubject: Re: Getting your children into a Bulgarian school.   Getting your children into a Bulgarian school. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 18, 2010 9:34 am

send an email to solvit, you will get a response by email in a few days. its direct from the eu, its free. g
Back to top Go down
Blink
Super user
Super user
Blink

PostSubject: Re: Getting your children into a Bulgarian school.   Getting your children into a Bulgarian school. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 05, 2010 10:40 pm

Hi Lou I don't know if you have sorted out this problem but I found this

Based on Directive 77/486/EEC, EU Members are required to offer free tuition to children of workers who are nationals of another EU member state, including in particular the teaching of the official language of the host state;
to train teachers for this purpose;
and to promote, along with regular education, the mother tongue and culture of the country of origin.

Getting your children into a Bulgarian school. - Page 2 1430720830
Back to top Go down
loopeylou
Senior user
Senior user

PostSubject: Re: Getting your children into a Bulgarian school.   Getting your children into a Bulgarian school. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 06, 2010 9:33 am

T
Back to top Go down
Sarah
Super user
Super user

PostSubject: Re: Getting your children into a Bulgarian school.   Getting your children into a Bulgarian school. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 06, 2010 11:55 am

How are you getting on with this? is your son in schools yet?

sarah
Back to top Go down
loopeylou
Senior user
Senior user

PostSubject: Re: Getting your children into a Bulgarian school.   Getting your children into a Bulgarian school. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 07, 2010 8:11 am

No he is not in school. This is how daft it has gotten. We found out via different sources that the director of the school is a member of communist party. Could it be his political bias not letting our son in? :Headbang:just a thought!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Getting your children into a Bulgarian school.   Getting your children into a Bulgarian school. - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Getting your children into a Bulgarian school.

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next