View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
sallyann
Super user
Super user
sallyann

What's wrong with DIY or Cowboys - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: What's wrong with DIY or Cowboys   What's wrong with DIY or Cowboys - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 26, 2010 11:38 am

First topic message reminder :

I'm a member on another forum and one of the members on there was a member on here and he has made all sorts of claims about his qualifications with in the electrical industry now forgive my ignorance but would someone who is qualified be asking questions like this

Animal the beast Contributions

Asked, City and guilds is a qualification for what 18 Feb 2010 15:07

Answer, it would depend on what qualification you’re talking about?

Asked, If you were an apprentice electrician what qualification would you have 18 Feb 2010 15:05

Answer, an apprentice wouldn't have any qualifications until they had passed the required exams

Asked, The 220 volt supply to your house goes above and below the 10 percent level How do you stabilize it to 50 Hertz Residential Electricity 1 Feb 2010 16:38

Answer, with a voltage stabilizer

Asked, The 220 volt supply to your house goes above and below the 10 percent level How do you stabilize it 1 Feb 2010 16:38

Answer, with a voltage stabilizer

This is concerning me greatly because if he doesn't know what he's talking about then he may well be putting peoples lives at risk? so can someone who knows please help with this question here is the link to the Wiki page [url=http:
//wiki.
answers.
com/Q/Special:
Contributions&target=User:
animalthebeast:1s8dksge]Click here[/url:1s8dksge]

Please note that the answers above may change as others will come along on Wiki and give better answers ?

Last edited by 303 on Fri Feb 26, 2010 1:44 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

AuthorMessage
cheekychops
Super user
Super user
cheekychops

PostSubject: What's wrong with DIY or Cowboys   What's wrong with DIY or Cowboys - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 27, 2010 11:58 pm

Daisy wrote:
Completely agree with you Fletch but it would be difficult for someone to post the evidence on a forum in some cases, ie photo's and again in some cases it may have happened some time ago and has since been rectified so again how would you be able to show evidence? I do see what your saying here but I also don't think it's as easy as that either so I think it will be a case of telling all the members about what has happened to them without names and on if names are required then do it by pm

Well put Daisy I have to agree if you look on some forums you will find loads of so called trades men who don't have a clue but will tell you anything just to earn a buck I also see what Johnbaz says and I think I know the clown he's talking about and this is the kind of thing that should be stamped out before its to late!! good post
Back to top Go down
Gimp
Super user
Super user
Gimp

PostSubject: Re: What's wrong with DIY or Cowboys   What's wrong with DIY or Cowboys - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 11, 2010 7:41 pm

Any more news on anything new not already discussed here What's wrong with DIY or Cowboys - Page 3 3356871870
Back to top Go down
Banned member2
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: What's wrong with DIY or Cowboys   What's wrong with DIY or Cowboys - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 31, 2010 6:36 pm

Turns out he is a class one welder now , and has been one for 40 years , well i have a pipe at 6gr so he can show me how good he is ? . I would bet its a no show .
Back to top Go down
scott
Super user
Super user
scott

PostSubject: Re: What's wrong with DIY or Cowboys   What's wrong with DIY or Cowboys - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 31, 2010 7:10 pm

So let me get this right he's been welding for 40 years? he has over 20 years experience as an electrician, he has a over 20 years experience with gas, and if I remember correctly he spent quite a few years in IT so by my estimation assuming he had an apprenticeship from school he is around 110 years old What's wrong with DIY or Cowboys - Page 3 1865348797 Yeah right What's wrong with DIY or Cowboys - Page 3 1865348797
Back to top Go down
oddball
oddball

PostSubject: Re: What's wrong with DIY or Cowboys   What's wrong with DIY or Cowboys - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 31, 2010 7:25 pm

s

Fab Scott!!! You are so very What's wrong with DIY or Cowboys - Page 3 1865348797 g :What's wrong with DIY or Cowboys - Page 3 1931734156:

Oddy What's wrong with DIY or Cowboys - Page 3 2381841692 What's wrong with DIY or Cowboys - Page 3 1865348797 What's wrong with DIY or Cowboys - Page 3 2381841692
Back to top Go down
Banned member2
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: What's wrong with DIY or Cowboys   What's wrong with DIY or Cowboys - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 31, 2010 9:16 pm

Well he did do a eight and a half year apprenticeship , i only did five , so he must have no idea of time , or maybe he thinks we are all stupid .
Back to top Go down
bapps
Junior user
Junior user

PostSubject: Re: What's wrong with DIY or Cowboys   What's wrong with DIY or Cowboys - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 03, 2011 3:58 pm

Fletch wrote:
I believe that if a job has been badly and there is evidence to prove this then before you name and shame someone you have to be 100% correct, I don't believe in just random posting running down a company, just because maybe someone has had a disagreement with a trades person
I agree with whats been said there are two sides to every story, like i was reading the other day a person on this sight has been pulled and accused of taking money for works but not finishing and i must say there seem to be some truth as the other person did not reply to the accusation but again its damaging if it is false i sure there are skelitons in lots of cupboards and they usualy come out
Back to top Go down
Banned member2
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: What's wrong with DIY or Cowboys   What's wrong with DIY or Cowboys - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 04, 2011 8:26 am

A tradesmans work will speaker for its self . A cowboy talks a good job , but cant do one .
Back to top Go down
Banned member2
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: What's wrong with DIY or Cowboys   What's wrong with DIY or Cowboys - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 06, 2011 8:40 am

I was working on a job years ago and this guy turned up for a welding test . All he had with him was a pair of burning goggles and no weld screen . The filter factor on a pair of goggles is about a 3 with no protection for you face , for the job the right filter was a 13 . The guy took him on the test and let him weld away for about 2 hours , by the end of it his face was bright red and his eyes blood shot . It did seem cruel at time , but now i dont know .
Back to top Go down
Suzee
Junior user
Junior user

PostSubject: Re: What's wrong with DIY or Cowboys   What's wrong with DIY or Cowboys - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 06, 2011 10:53 am

johnbaz wrote:
A tradesmans work will speaker for its self . A cowboy talks a good job , but cant do one .

Well said Johnbaz.

johnbaz wrote:
I was working on a job years ago and this guy turned up for a welding test . All he had with him was a pair of burning goggles and no weld screen . The filter factor on a pair of goggles is about a 3 with no protection for you face , for the job the right filter was a 13 . The guy took him on the test and let him weld away for about 2 hours , by the end of it his face was bright red and his eyes blood shot . It did seem cruel at time , but now i dont know .

I had to laugh at that, yes it seems cruel but if you can't turn up for a job with the right tools why bother going?

We once employed some Bulgarians to work for us as we wanted the outside of the house rendered before we got married and didn't have the time ourselves to do it as were re-roofing the house....they turned up with no tools and asked to borrow them from hubby, needless to say they didn't last long and the job was never finished. Totally shoddy workmanship which I'm glad to say they didn't get paid for. We live and learn g
Back to top Go down
bigsavak
Super user
Super user
bigsavak

PostSubject: Re: What's wrong with DIY or Cowboys   What's wrong with DIY or Cowboys - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 06, 2011 6:06 pm

Thats all we can ask for is to live and learn and I think there will be a lot more learning than living What's wrong with DIY or Cowboys - Page 3 1865348797 unfortunately we here so many stories like this in Bulgaria and a lot never learn but you would think that with forum offering so much information that all these people who get stung would learn from the people who made the mistakes for them ? but like I said a lot more learning
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What's wrong with DIY or Cowboys   What's wrong with DIY or Cowboys - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What's wrong with DIY or Cowboys

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3