View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
sallyann
Super user
Super user
sallyann

What's wrong with DIY or Cowboys - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: What's wrong with DIY or Cowboys   What's wrong with DIY or Cowboys - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 26, 2010 11:38 am

First topic message reminder :

I'm a member on another forum and one of the members on there was a member on here and he has made all sorts of claims about his qualifications with in the electrical industry now forgive my ignorance but would someone who is qualified be asking questions like this

Animal the beast Contributions

Asked, City and guilds is a qualification for what 18 Feb 2010 15:07

Answer, it would depend on what qualification you’re talking about?

Asked, If you were an apprentice electrician what qualification would you have 18 Feb 2010 15:05

Answer, an apprentice wouldn't have any qualifications until they had passed the required exams

Asked, The 220 volt supply to your house goes above and below the 10 percent level How do you stabilize it to 50 Hertz Residential Electricity 1 Feb 2010 16:38

Answer, with a voltage stabilizer

Asked, The 220 volt supply to your house goes above and below the 10 percent level How do you stabilize it 1 Feb 2010 16:38

Answer, with a voltage stabilizer

This is concerning me greatly because if he doesn't know what he's talking about then he may well be putting peoples lives at risk? so can someone who knows please help with this question here is the link to the Wiki page [url=http:
//wiki.
answers.
com/Q/Special:
Contributions&target=User:
animalthebeast:1s8dksge]Click here[/url:1s8dksge]

Please note that the answers above may change as others will come along on Wiki and give better answers ?

Last edited by 303 on Fri Feb 26, 2010 1:44 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

AuthorMessage
Sarah
Super user
Super user

PostSubject: What's wrong with DIY or Cowboys   What's wrong with DIY or Cowboys - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 27, 2010 4:47 pm

On the serious side I do agree with you all some things are best left to the pro's it may seem more expensive at the time but in the long run it can only work out cheaper and totally safe
sarah
Back to top Go down
davshaz
Super user
Super user
davshaz

PostSubject: What's wrong with DIY or Cowboys   What's wrong with DIY or Cowboys - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 27, 2010 5:02 pm

tonyb60 wrote:
Over to you lot why when and what please. But please no names its just not fair.

I understand what your saying tonyb60 but surely it can only help other if they have had work done buy someone who Purports to be a professional and obviously isn't? or maybe this could be sent via a pm ? at least that way it's not on the open forum and it's private? what do you all think ? [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
tonyb60
Mega user
Mega user

PostSubject: What's wrong with DIY or Cowboys   What's wrong with DIY or Cowboys - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 27, 2010 5:16 pm

I know what you are saying makes good sense. But we should all be careful when it comes to slagging someone off. Laws here are different to the UK. Please never put anything in writing.
Back to top Go down
mickhev
Super user
Super user

PostSubject: What's wrong with DIY or Cowboys   What's wrong with DIY or Cowboys - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 27, 2010 5:17 pm

I agree with Tony on the electrics,i am no electrican,but in england i would put my own extension sockets in,but here in Bulgaria dont try anything,we had a bad experience about 4 months ago,we had an electrican come in to fit some new light fittings and some rewire work,when it rained a few days later all our metal frames that supports the grapes outside our house became live,and our dog was tied to the post poor thing was yelping and we thought she was having some kind of fit,it turned out that the 2 lights in the garage was wired wrong by the Bulgarians who had the house previous to us,so the steel that was in the concrete was making the whole house live,had it not been for the electrican checking everything with his meter we would never have found the problem,dont take anything for granted,and use a qualified electrican,its better in the end.
Back to top Go down
davshaz
Super user
Super user
davshaz

PostSubject: What's wrong with DIY or Cowboys   What's wrong with DIY or Cowboys - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 27, 2010 5:20 pm

tonyb60 wrote:
I know what you are saying makes good sense. But we should all be careful when it comes to slagging someone off. Laws here are different to the UK. Please never put anything in writing.

Well said Tony and I agree so long as we can all keep anything like names strictly to pm's
Back to top Go down
mickhev
Super user
Super user

PostSubject: What's wrong with DIY or Cowboys   What's wrong with DIY or Cowboys - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 27, 2010 5:22 pm

I totally disagree i believe in name and shame,as long as its the truth and factual,i run a small business,and if a customer was not happy i would go and put it right,if i didnt then i would not expect good feedback,but only facts and only if its happened to you,not your friend or a friend of a friend,there is nothing wrong with an opinion,but dont use names

Mike
Back to top Go down
Admin
Administrator
Administrator
Admin

PostSubject: What's wrong with DIY or Cowboys   What's wrong with DIY or Cowboys - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 27, 2010 5:25 pm

I think that's what's being said here Mike yes by all means talk about your own experiences but any name should only be used via the Pm system
Back to top Go down
http://www.ourbulgariaforum.com
mickhev
Super user
Super user

PostSubject: What's wrong with DIY or Cowboys   What's wrong with DIY or Cowboys - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 27, 2010 5:27 pm

Totally agree Ashley
Back to top Go down
tonyb60
Mega user
Mega user

PostSubject: What's wrong with DIY or Cowboys   What's wrong with DIY or Cowboys - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 27, 2010 5:28 pm

I also value my knee caps
Back to top Go down
mickhev
Super user
Super user

PostSubject: What's wrong with DIY or Cowboys   What's wrong with DIY or Cowboys - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 27, 2010 5:29 pm

You can get plastic ones now Tony
Back to top Go down
tonyb60
Mega user
Mega user

PostSubject: What's wrong with DIY or Cowboys   What's wrong with DIY or Cowboys - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 27, 2010 6:32 pm

Yeh but only on the NHS. They are made of rock here
Back to top Go down
Daisy
Super user
Super user
Daisy

PostSubject: What's wrong with DIY or Cowboys   What's wrong with DIY or Cowboys - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 27, 2010 6:48 pm

Brilliant topic this will help us know who is and who isn't what they say they are good topic sallyann
Back to top Go down
Fletch
Senior user
Senior user
Fletch

PostSubject: What's wrong with DIY or Cowboys   What's wrong with DIY or Cowboys - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 27, 2010 7:08 pm

I believe that if a job has been badly and there is evidence to prove this then before you name and shame someone you have to be 100% correct, I dont believe in just random posting running down a company, just because maybe someone has had a disagrement with a trades person
Back to top Go down
Daisy
Super user
Super user
Daisy

PostSubject: What's wrong with DIY or Cowboys   What's wrong with DIY or Cowboys - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 27, 2010 7:14 pm

Completely agree with you Fletch but it would be difficult for someone to post the evidence on a forum in some cases, ie photo's and again in some cases it may have happened some time ago and has since been rectified so again how would you be able to show evidence? I do see what your saying here but I also don't think it's as easy as that either so I think it will be a case of telling all the members about what has happened to them without names and on if names are required then do it by pm
Back to top Go down
sallyann
Super user
Super user
sallyann

PostSubject: What's wrong with DIY or Cowboys   What's wrong with DIY or Cowboys - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 02, 2010 6:51 pm

Thank you all for your input I should really have known the answers myself but its always good to run by others thank you again
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What's wrong with DIY or Cowboys   What's wrong with DIY or Cowboys - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What's wrong with DIY or Cowboys

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next