HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

altText
altText
altText
altText
altText
altText

Electrcal issues with Bulgarian Property (Peter)

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
Netsniperthefirst
Netsniperthefirst

Electrcal issues with Bulgarian Property (Peter) - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Electrcal issues with Bulgarian Property (Peter)   Electrcal issues with Bulgarian Property (Peter) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 31, 2010 1:53 pm

First topic message reminder :

Over the next few days/weeks I will be trying here to explain a few facts about how the Bulgarian electrical system works in your house, and hopefully allay any fears you might have and help you to understand exactly how the earthing system works and how it works in the uk, I often see on a lot of other forums  the words "
Its not how we do it in England"
leaving most of you to think it's wrong, I will show you how it works and tell you how safe it is and what you can do to make it safer, your now wondering what qualifications I have to be able to do this? I started my life as an apprentice electrician attaining my City &
Guilds parts 1 &
2 certificates in electrical engineering and developed over many years to the level of Technician which I think more than qualifies me to be able to answer questions here and help you thorough some of the difficulties and myths, you will always get someone who will tell you "
my god that needs changing"
or "
I'm surprised your still alive"
and most of these comments will come from people who are Electricians and in need of work! Although in some cases they do know what they are talking about and you should be guided by them if you know them well enough to trust what they are telling you, and then there are those that think they know what they are talking about? Dont get me wrong there are a good many electricians in Bulgaria who know their job and I'm not trying here to say that they are all the same, but simply to give you all an understanding of exactly how things really are? Anyway  don't misunderstand me? I'm not one of those people who knows everything? or have qualifications as a Plumber, Heating engineer, Jack of all trades etc.

Some of my qualifications which I have  C & G certificates for

Electrical Engineering Parts 1 & 2

Electrical Technicians Part I  Pass with Credit

Electrical Technicians Part II  Pass with Credit

Electrical Technicians Part III  Pass with Distinction

Electrical Engineering Principles Pass with Distinction

Electrical Craft Practice Parts I and II (Final) Pass with Distinction

Practical Work Assessment Pass with Credit

Electrical Plant Utilisation Pass with Distinction

Industrial Electronics Testing Methods Pass with Credit

Watch this space
Back to top Go down
http://www.marketdraytonforum.com

AuthorMessage
mickhev
Super user
Super user

PostSubject: Electrcal issues with Bulgarian Property (Peter)   Electrcal issues with Bulgarian Property (Peter) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 09, 2010 9:40 pm

Peter your a

Mike
Back to top Go down
Peter_Gold
Junior user
Junior user

PostSubject: Electrcal issues with Bulgarian Property (Peter)   Electrcal issues with Bulgarian Property (Peter) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 09, 2010 10:20 pm

Not for the moment.
Maybe later.
Me need a few time and....... its time to sleep
Back to top Go down
Netsniperthefirst
Netsniperthefirst

PostSubject: Electrcal issues with Bulgarian Property (Peter)   Electrcal issues with Bulgarian Property (Peter) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 09, 2010 10:22 pm

Brilliant work here Peter and well done on the information you are giving,

There are a lot of reasons Mike why voltage can sometimes be up and down? the most obvious is how the power gets to you house and what the connections are like, I had this same problem including the lights dimming every time something heavy was switched on like the boiler, I got the electric company to come out they replace the connections on the overhead cables and hey presto? No more lights dimming and the voltage stabilised
Back to top Go down
http://www.marketdraytonforum.com
Peter_Gold
Junior user
Junior user

PostSubject: Electrcal issues with Bulgarian Property (Peter)   Electrcal issues with Bulgarian Property (Peter) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 09, 2010 10:46 pm

Netsniperthefirst wrote:

I got the electric company to come out they replace the connections on the overhead cables and hey presto? No more lights dimming and the voltage stabilised

and Cheers!
Back to top Go down
scott
Super user
Super user
scott

PostSubject: Electrcal issues with Bulgarian Property (Peter)   Electrcal issues with Bulgarian Property (Peter) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 10, 2010 6:10 pm

This is all good Peter and netsniper do I take it that the voltage in Bulgaria is un-stable? and that there is no earth protection in the older houses? or is it that the system they use for safety is very old something like we had in the old days in the uk I have asked some of my older relatives about this and they remember when there was no earth but it was wired differently somehow so they say but it was safe great topic I will be watching this one
Back to top Go down
dave b
Senior user
Senior user

PostSubject: Electrcal issues with Bulgarian Property (Peter)   Electrcal issues with Bulgarian Property (Peter) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 10, 2010 7:02 pm

If I have any welding done a my place I have to swithch off everything I don't need because of the drop. Is this normal?
Back to top Go down
scott
Super user
Super user
scott

PostSubject: Electrcal issues with Bulgarian Property (Peter)   Electrcal issues with Bulgarian Property (Peter) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 10, 2010 9:53 pm

Just a thought Peter would the electric company approve of these voltage regulators? also what is involved in fitting them? is it a job for an Electricial only? which then makes me ask do Bulgarian electricians need to study and get a qualification?
Back to top Go down
Peter_Gold
Junior user
Junior user

PostSubject: Electrcal issues with Bulgarian Property (Peter)   Electrcal issues with Bulgarian Property (Peter) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 10, 2010 10:25 pm

dave b wrote:
If I have any welding done a my place I have to swithch off everything I don't need because of the drop. Is this normal?
Nope that isn't normal but more tomorrow night maybe.
Back to top Go down
Peter_Gold
Junior user
Junior user

PostSubject: Electrcal issues with Bulgarian Property (Peter)   Electrcal issues with Bulgarian Property (Peter) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 10, 2010 10:45 pm

Hi Scott,
I saw you questions and I will be respond all them tomorrow.
To night I feel me tired and I go to the bed good night ;
)
Peter
Back to top Go down
meandmine
Super user
Super user
meandmine

PostSubject: Electrcal issues with Bulgarian Property (Peter)   Electrcal issues with Bulgarian Property (Peter) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 11, 2010 2:16 pm

Peter I see you already have a few questions from other members but can tell me what is the difference between the regulator that krypton has mentioned which cost £300 and the one you found which cost 450 Leva this seems to be a big difference in the price so it would be interesting to know you opinion of both, the difference in money terms is about 230 Leva and from what I can see they are both made in China although the one you mention does have an Eu certificate
Back to top Go down
davshaz
Super user
Super user
davshaz

PostSubject: Electrcal issues with Bulgarian Property (Peter)   Electrcal issues with Bulgarian Property (Peter) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 11, 2010 5:35 pm

Very interesting all this well done to all of you I shall be interested to see what the difference is aswell
Back to top Go down
Peter_Gold
Junior user
Junior user

PostSubject: Electrcal issues with Bulgarian Property (Peter)   Electrcal issues with Bulgarian Property (Peter) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 11, 2010 8:49 pm

Krypton wrote:
...do you have any other thoughts on the problem of the Voltage in Bulgaria not being regular and the problem with it increasing and decreasing?
Yes I have  private generator: as an example - Biomass Generator or Wind Generator or Photovoltaic system or maybe Water Power Station. ;
-) In my opinion it is better to ask at your local electric company.
Scott wrote:
This is all good Peter and netsniper.....
I don't know what the older system is in England. In BG those are older houses and older electrical systems, if you want safer el. installation you should add 3-rd wire, RCD and earth rod.  Maybe only earth rod without RCD.
Scott wrote:
Just a thought Peter would the electric company approve of these voltage regulators?

Nope Scott, house holder is holder of all el. installation next to power meter  
Scott wrote:
also what is involved in fitting them? is it a job for an Electricial only?

Yes I recommend this be done by a certified electrician
Scott wrote:
which then makes me ask do Bulgarian electricians need to study and get a qualification?
Nope a special certificate (if you mean) its not necessary

As to voltage regulator,
me and my friend also el. engineer do not recommend it. That devise
is more than a laboratory for domestics electrical wiring. As I "
Tue Feb 02, 2010 11:32 pm -  As to dangers and damages, it is most dangerous for asynchronous motors(single and three phase). They just overheat and burn. As to the modern equipment (TV, PC, radio) it is better to engage in "
Line Interactive with voltage regulation Technology UPS"
. For cooking stoves, incandescent or halogen bulb and other heating appliances (without motors), this is reflected only by their reduced power."
Back to top Go down
Peter_Gold
Junior user
Junior user

PostSubject: Electrcal issues with Bulgarian Property (Peter)   Electrcal issues with Bulgarian Property (Peter) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 11, 2010 9:04 pm

meandmine wrote:
...can tell me what is the difference between the regulator ...
I don't would compare devises which I haven't enjoyed, but if you'd like to get my opinion the most likely difference is only purely commercial.
Back to top Go down
Peter_Gold
Junior user
Junior user

PostSubject: Electrcal issues with Bulgarian Property (Peter)   Electrcal issues with Bulgarian Property (Peter) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 11, 2010 9:17 pm

dave b wrote:
Dave,
Tell me please how much Ampers is you main fuse?
Back to top Go down
krypton
Super user
Super user
krypton

PostSubject: Electrcal issues with Bulgarian Property (Peter)   Electrcal issues with Bulgarian Property (Peter) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 11, 2010 9:34 pm

Hi Peter thank you for all your answers, I see that netsniper had some problems with his lights flickering? and he solved it by getting the electric company to repair his connection from the overhead cable do you think if these are loose then threre could be some voltage loss or gain ????
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Electrcal issues with Bulgarian Property (Peter)   Electrcal issues with Bulgarian Property (Peter) - Page 4 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Electrcal issues with Bulgarian Property (Peter)

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 4 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next