HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

altText
altText
altText
altText
altText
altText

Electrcal issues with Bulgarian Property (Peter)

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
Netsniperthefirst
Netsniperthefirst

Electrcal issues with Bulgarian Property (Peter) - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Electrcal issues with Bulgarian Property (Peter)   Electrcal issues with Bulgarian Property (Peter) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 31, 2010 1:53 pm

First topic message reminder :

Over the next few days/weeks I will be trying here to explain a few facts about how the Bulgarian electrical system works in your house, and hopefully allay any fears you might have and help you to understand exactly how the earthing system works and how it works in the uk, I often see on a lot of other forums  the words "
Its not how we do it in England"
leaving most of you to think it's wrong, I will show you how it works and tell you how safe it is and what you can do to make it safer, your now wondering what qualifications I have to be able to do this? I started my life as an apprentice electrician attaining my City &
Guilds parts 1 &
2 certificates in electrical engineering and developed over many years to the level of Technician which I think more than qualifies me to be able to answer questions here and help you thorough some of the difficulties and myths, you will always get someone who will tell you "
my god that needs changing"
or "
I'm surprised your still alive"
and most of these comments will come from people who are Electricians and in need of work! Although in some cases they do know what they are talking about and you should be guided by them if you know them well enough to trust what they are telling you, and then there are those that think they know what they are talking about? Dont get me wrong there are a good many electricians in Bulgaria who know their job and I'm not trying here to say that they are all the same, but simply to give you all an understanding of exactly how things really are? Anyway  don't misunderstand me? I'm not one of those people who knows everything? or have qualifications as a Plumber, Heating engineer, Jack of all trades etc.

Some of my qualifications which I have  C & G certificates for

Electrical Engineering Parts 1 & 2

Electrical Technicians Part I  Pass with Credit

Electrical Technicians Part II  Pass with Credit

Electrical Technicians Part III  Pass with Distinction

Electrical Engineering Principles Pass with Distinction

Electrical Craft Practice Parts I and II (Final) Pass with Distinction

Practical Work Assessment Pass with Credit

Electrical Plant Utilisation Pass with Distinction

Industrial Electronics Testing Methods Pass with Credit

Watch this space
Back to top Go down
http://www.marketdraytonforum.com

AuthorMessage
mickhev
Super user
Super user

PostSubject: Electrcal issues with Bulgarian Property (Peter)   Electrcal issues with Bulgarian Property (Peter) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 05, 2010 7:58 am

Hi Peter on the case of my computer,our electric cooker,the fridge

Mike
Back to top Go down
Banned member2
Anonymous

PostSubject: Electrcal issues with Bulgarian Property (Peter)   Electrcal issues with Bulgarian Property (Peter) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 05, 2010 8:31 am

Don't knock it Peter , you could use the cooker as a Battery charger . I would like to know why they twist wires together ? , whats wrong with block connectors ? . By the way found my fuse box in Bulgaria after being told that there is no such thing here . They also had the very plug they had to send to Germany for , not bad as i was looking for my accountants new office , and that was fun as well they put there new address , in England we would of put we have put just moved across the road which they had , took a hour to find the place . Good job i still have some hair to pull out .

Last edited by 1 on Fri Feb 05, 2010 9:08 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Karona
Junior user
Junior user

PostSubject: Electrcal issues with Bulgarian Property (Peter)   Electrcal issues with Bulgarian Property (Peter) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 05, 2010 8:34 am

Peter_Gold wrote:
Karona wrote:
I have a problem with the computer in the basement. ....

Keith

Dear Keith
That what you experienced is due to the small potential difference (1 to 10-15V) between the neutral and the Grund. In connection with the question of meandmine on "
voltage in Bulgaria seems to be up and down"
I looked at this issue. This potential difference can be eliminated by grounding of the neutral in the power meter.

I hope that was helpful.

Peter

Thanks Peter, I'll have a look at that thread
Keith
Back to top Go down
Loupylou
Anonymous

PostSubject: Electrcal issues with Bulgarian Property (Peter)   Electrcal issues with Bulgarian Property (Peter) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 05, 2010 8:58 pm

Thankyou peter,will do
Back to top Go down
Peter_Gold
Junior user
Junior user

PostSubject: Electrcal issues with Bulgarian Property (Peter)   Electrcal issues with Bulgarian Property (Peter) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 06, 2010 2:10 pm

johnbaz wrote:
I would like to know why they twist wires together ?, whats wrong with block connectors ?

Hi John  
Don't pull all of your hair out John, because someday you'll wake up in the morning and realise there's nothing to pull out any more!   In my opinion, when going to a foreign country, I guess I couldn't expect the same stuff going on as in my homeland. As to the electrical parts providing, I think that you can find all of that stuff in the catalogues but its not always in stock. Some are delivered specially from another country. But this could cost you more money and time. Sometimes deliveries may take up to 30 days. Oh, and about the block connectors and wires twisting well there's nothing wrong with it. There's nothing wrong with the block connectors. The electrician chooses for himself if he's going to use a block connector or twist some wires.
I hope I was helpful,
Peter

By the way, these are the rules that say how to realise domestic installation... and they're Bulgarian.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
Banned member2
Anonymous

PostSubject: Electrcal issues with Bulgarian Property (Peter)   Electrcal issues with Bulgarian Property (Peter) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 06, 2010 2:52 pm

Just dont like this twisting wires , to me this dont look professional as you say maybe OK . I have found a shop now that stocks 63 amp plugs and just about everything one would need , and good German quality so things are looking up in VT . Thanks for your input . John
Back to top Go down
Peter_Gold
Junior user
Junior user

PostSubject: Electrcal issues with Bulgarian Property (Peter)   Electrcal issues with Bulgarian Property (Peter) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 06, 2010 7:46 pm

John
What does VT means?
I can offer you and all some links which are about the electrical stuff on our market.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
Banned member2
Anonymous

PostSubject: Electrcal issues with Bulgarian Property (Peter)   Electrcal issues with Bulgarian Property (Peter) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 06, 2010 8:07 pm

Hi thanks for the link , Veliko Turnovo sorry lazy English way . The shop i found has every think in store i could not believe it , they also had some good Chines products made under licence . Just a sham i dint find the shop before , in England we tend to have this type of shop on an industrial estate .

Last edited by 1 on Sun Feb 07, 2010 9:04 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Sarah
Super user
Super user

PostSubject: Electrcal issues with Bulgarian Property (Peter)   Electrcal issues with Bulgarian Property (Peter) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 07, 2010 4:24 pm

This thread is turning out to be very valuable thank you all for the information here and to you Peter a special thanks

sarah
Back to top Go down
Netsniperthefirst
Netsniperthefirst

PostSubject: Electrcal issues with Bulgarian Property (Peter)   Electrcal issues with Bulgarian Property (Peter) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 07, 2010 6:57 pm

Hi Peter sorry I haven't been around much but I've been tied up with a friend of mine who is sick but I will be back here soon to help but I think you are doing very well on your own, well done Peter and keep it up your a
Back to top Go down
http://www.marketdraytonforum.com
mickhev
Super user
Super user

PostSubject: Electrcal issues with Bulgarian Property (Peter)   Electrcal issues with Bulgarian Property (Peter) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 07, 2010 7:45 pm

Thanks for the links Peter very useful

Mike
Back to top Go down
oddball
oddball

PostSubject: Electrcal issues with Bulgarian Property (Peter)   Electrcal issues with Bulgarian Property (Peter) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 07, 2010 9:08 pm

Netsniperthefirst wrote:
Sounds very interesting John, we can talk about this to I forgot to mention I have also got a Bulgarian qualified Electrician joining the forum soon who will also be giving some advice

Here's something for you all to look at, its the old system (A) and the new (B) note the old system was used in domestic inhalations in the uk some time back and is still used in older houses in Bulgaria, however the older system is still used in the uk in certain installations, just something for you to consider before we get into the rights and wrongs

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

I am still looking for Earls Court on this underground map

Oddy
Back to top Go down
Banned member2
Anonymous

PostSubject: Electrcal issues with Bulgarian Property (Peter)   Electrcal issues with Bulgarian Property (Peter) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 07, 2010 9:15 pm

This is the Bakerloo line so not on here you would have to change at Paddington . got a shock of the dish washer today makes you wounder , and wakes you up at the same time
Back to top Go down
krypton
Super user
Super user
krypton

PostSubject: Electrcal issues with Bulgarian Property (Peter)   Electrcal issues with Bulgarian Property (Peter) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 07, 2010 10:17 pm

Hello Peter this is a very good topic and I am enjoying it  anyway I have a question would it be a good idea for those in Bulgaria to buy a Voltage regulator like the one on this site  [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
mickhev
Super user
Super user

PostSubject: Electrcal issues with Bulgarian Property (Peter)   Electrcal issues with Bulgarian Property (Peter) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 07, 2010 10:22 pm

That looks expensive any idea on price John

Mike
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Electrcal issues with Bulgarian Property (Peter)   Electrcal issues with Bulgarian Property (Peter) - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Electrcal issues with Bulgarian Property (Peter)

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next