altText

Pop in and say hello we are missing you guys

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12, 13  Next
AuthorMessage
oddball
oddball

Pop in and say hello we are missing you guys - Page 11 Empty
PostSubject: Pop in and say hello we are missing you guys   Pop in and say hello we are missing you guys - Page 11 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 03, 2017 6:34 am

First topic message reminder :

willowsend wrote:
Berni, I thought you might like this little poem Angel
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

I was with my Mum last Thursday, she will be 99 years old in February and still weeds her garden and does her house work, she also does her weeks shopping in Morison's having got a lift with a next door neighbour. I am her POA and we went to organise and pay for her funeral and I can say now we will not mourn her death in black, we will celebrate her life and her will to get the best out of life, it will be a carnival send off

I am also living with the knowledge that I will loose my lovely wife who is only 70 years old with that dreadful disease dementia. Life can be very cruel and you sometime ask, why me, anyway we will continue to live our lives to the full and enjoy whatever time we have together and hopefully make many more visit to our lovely Bulgarian home to be with our Pop in and say hello we are missing you guys - Page 11 1931734156

Ah that's lovely Willow thanks a million.
Back to top Go down

AuthorMessage
justbazz
Super user
Super user
justbazz

PostSubject: subject   Pop in and say hello we are missing you guys - Page 11 Icon_minitimeMon May 28, 2018 3:24 pm

I think you might have better luck with HM Customs/Immigration people than the airline. Having said that, they might be reluctant to discuss anything with you because you were not involved at all.

Worth a try though.

c
Back to top Go down
oddball
oddball

PostSubject: Re: Pop in and say hello we are missing you guys   Pop in and say hello we are missing you guys - Page 11 Icon_minitimeMon May 28, 2018 4:07 pm

Thanks Bazz yes I thought of that but daughter is away over the bank hols so do not want to contact her until I have a reply from airline then will tell her to contact HM Passports
Back to top Go down
willowsend
Mega user
Mega user
willowsend

PostSubject: Re: Pop in and say hello we are missing you guys   Pop in and say hello we are missing you guys - Page 11 Icon_minitimeMon May 28, 2018 4:48 pm

oddball wrote:
Not sure what to think about this! But I have tried to ring Blueair head office and once I get to section 3 or 5 to hold on the line they cut the line off so I registared a general inquiry form and got an email with a registration no and to tell me it registared and will be in touch asap.

Something very stranger happend on the flight home with Daughter on  Blueair. Daughter and grandaughter was pulled aside on the return flight by customs officer saying there is a big problem, he did not tell her anything just told her to stand aside. Then when the rest of the passanger had gone he took her passport and from his own personal phone he took photos of both their passport - She asked why he did this and what was the big problem but he did not answer. He just told her to go. So not sure what was going on there. I send a message to Blueair as tried ringing them and when I get through to the right area the line cut off so cannot speak with anyone at the head office in London.

Berni, I have just read your post and I must say that if the same circumstance's happened to me I would feel very uneasy about the fact that somebody has got a passport photo of me without my permission. I am sure that you will not get anywhere with Blueair as I assume all this happened prior to boarding the plane. Which airport was it from and I don't suppose that any name, rank and file was taken by your daughter Pop in and say hello we are missing you guys - Page 11 1536469901
Back to top Go down
oddball
oddball

PostSubject: Re: Pop in and say hello we are missing you guys   Pop in and say hello we are missing you guys - Page 11 Icon_minitimeMon May 28, 2018 5:01 pm

It was Bucharest airport O/Penny and no he ushered her away after taking the photos. She was very stressed when she rang me afterwords Tomorrow she will be home so will speak with here again I am wondering if I should email the British Embassy in Romania but as Bazz said they will hardly speak wih me due to D/P. Perhaps I can put an email together and send that to daughter she can copy it and sent to emabassy Yes, that might be a better idea Thanks guys
Back to top Go down
willowsend
Mega user
Mega user
willowsend

PostSubject: Re: Pop in and say hello we are missing you guys   Pop in and say hello we are missing you guys - Page 11 Icon_minitimeMon May 28, 2018 5:43 pm

oddball wrote:
It was Bucharest airport O/Penny and no he ushered her away after taking the photos.  She was very stressed when she rang me afterwords  Tomorrow she will be home so will speak with here again I am wondering if I should email the British Embassy in Romania but as Bazz said they will hardly speak wih me due to D/P.  Perhaps I can put an email together and send that to daughter she can copy it and sent to emabassy Yes, that might be a better idea  Thanks guys

In my opinion no border control personal should take photos of any bodies passport. that is why they sit in their little kiosk and all our passports are scanned by the computer. I would certainly contact the British Consulate seeking advice because whoever it was that took the photo's has probably got all personal details as well
Back to top Go down
justbazz
Super user
Super user
justbazz

PostSubject: subject   Pop in and say hello we are missing you guys - Page 11 Icon_minitimeMon May 28, 2018 6:28 pm

After re reading all of the above and having a good think about the event, I would suggest this course of action.
Put together all the details, clearly and concisely and send off an email to the British Consul/Embassy in Romania...mark it urgent. Do it now, not tomorrow or the next day...there may be a simple explanation, but I don't think so.

Include the full names of the two people involved (daughter etc), flight number and details, especially the time that all this happened. Better to be safe than sorry!!!

As I said before...

DO IT NOW!!
Back to top Go down
oddball
oddball

PostSubject: Re: Pop in and say hello we are missing you guys   Pop in and say hello we are missing you guys - Page 11 Icon_minitimeMon May 28, 2018 8:02 pm

Thanks Guys putting together an email then try to find the right place to send it.
Back to top Go down
justbazz
Super user
Super user
justbazz

PostSubject: subject   Pop in and say hello we are missing you guys - Page 11 Icon_minitimeMon May 28, 2018 9:00 pm

Since I wrote the above advice, I've discussed the problem with a few 'official' friends of mine (no names or details shared) and they all agreed...get that email off to the British authorities, as soon as possible.

Could be nothing or could be nasty...but if no one knows about it, nothing can be done.

Back to top Go down
oddball
oddball

PostSubject: Re: Pop in and say hello we are missing you guys   Pop in and say hello we are missing you guys - Page 11 Icon_minitimeMon May 28, 2018 9:30 pm

T Have sent here the email and she can copy and send it herself. My friend said it is best for her to contact the UK passport office as the passport is chipped and they will track any activity, if any and of course eye recognition is recorded as they scanned eye recognition coming over.

T both for your help always best to be safe, than sorry eh!!
Back to top Go down
willowsend
Mega user
Mega user
willowsend

PostSubject: Re: Pop in and say hello we are missing you guys   Pop in and say hello we are missing you guys - Page 11 Icon_minitimeTue May 29, 2018 10:00 am

Morning Berni

It might be a useful exercise to contact the following [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] also all the information you might need is here [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] including The British Ambassador to Britain  Pop in and say hello we are missing you guys - Page 11 1931734156 I can only endorse Bazz's advice
Back to top Go down
oddball
oddball

PostSubject: Re: Pop in and say hello we are missing you guys   Pop in and say hello we are missing you guys - Page 11 Icon_minitimeTue May 29, 2018 1:27 pm

Thanks guys

i send the email to daughter and she rang this morning to say it was not passport control that stopped her it was the gate before you go on the plane Blue air staff still waiting to hear from Blueair but thought it was bank hol yesterday so will try ringing again after lunch today. She wants to wait until Blueair replies even though I said just ring the UK passport office and check if any activity on your passports and explain why, this way they will monitor the passports. She said she will try later. I can't do anything so it is up to her now. Will keep you updated on Blueair when they reply.
Back to top Go down
justbazz
Super user
Super user
justbazz

PostSubject: subject   Pop in and say hello we are missing you guys - Page 11 Icon_minitimeTue May 29, 2018 5:51 pm

Berni my dear....I get the feeling that your daughter doesn't realise how very serious this situation MIGHT be. Hark back to what Willow wrote last night...the bit about the Officials not being allowed to photograph someones passport...there is no way on Gods earth that some muppet standing at the airline boarding gate can do this legally. If there was some problem with either passport (and this can happen sometimes), she would have been asked to go back to security, or an officer would have come to her.

Anyway, I've said my bit...it's all up to others now.
Back to top Go down
oddball
oddball

PostSubject: Re: Pop in and say hello we are missing you guys   Pop in and say hello we are missing you guys - Page 11 Icon_minitimeTue May 29, 2018 6:01 pm

Thanks Bazz I spoke with here this afternoon and she did ring the passport office but was holding on the line for over 20 minutes so gave up. I told her to email them and give her mobile no.

Still no reply for Blueair nor can I get the headoffice on the phone keeps cutting off. Rang the UK office and they said there is no problem with the line perhaps you need to ring them for a landline not skype or mobile So passed the number on to daughter. It is a uk no that redirects to the head office in Romania

Thanks again guys you are fab
Back to top Go down
willowsend
Mega user
Mega user
willowsend

PostSubject: Re: Pop in and say hello we are missing you guys   Pop in and say hello we are missing you guys - Page 11 Icon_minitimeTue May 29, 2018 6:24 pm

oddball wrote:
Thanks guys

i send the email to daughter and she rang this morning to say it was not passport control that stopped her it was the gate before you go on the plane Blue air staff still waiting to hear from Blueair but thought it was bank hol yesterday so will try ringing again after lunch today.  She wants to wait until Blueair replies even though I said just ring the UK passport office and check if any activity on your passports and explain why, this way they will monitor the passports.  She said she will try later. I can't do anything so it is up to her now.  Will keep you updated on Blueair when they reply.

I will be very surprised if Blueair will be able to through any light on who ever took photo's at the boarding gate as the staff are usually airport employed. If it were me my main concern would be that somebody out there has a photo of Mother and daughter passports c
Back to top Go down
oddball
oddball

PostSubject: Re: Pop in and say hello we are missing you guys   Pop in and say hello we are missing you guys - Page 11 Icon_minitimeThu May 31, 2018 2:28 pm

Ok guys update: Daughter rang the passport office in the UK to report the photo taken of both passports at the airport. After she told them the story the lady said 'There is no need for concern regarding the passports both are chipped and we have eye recognition so a photo of a passport cannot be used. There is nothing wrong with the passport if you went through passport control the problem lies with the airline and why they stopped you and this will be registared on their computer; I suggest you ring the airline and find out as we cannot do anything from this side' She assured her again nothing can be done from a photograph with her passport. Daughter has tried ringing Blueair a few times but still not got through. I have send two emails and not had a reply as yet.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Pop in and say hello we are missing you guys   Pop in and say hello we are missing you guys - Page 11 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Pop in and say hello we are missing you guys

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 11 of 13Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12, 13  Next