altText

Daily chatter

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
oddball
oddball

Daily chatter - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Daily chatter   Daily chatter - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 03, 2016 5:28 pm

First topic message reminder :

Hi guys though we might have a post where we can have a daily chat What do you think?

Today i got the passport forms fill in a total nightmare to do now but I got there, then I had to battle the photos booth and if you make a mistake you lose your £5.00 so have to listen to all the instructions and select the right options, I almost had fun photos instead of ID photos. All we need now is to get someone to sign and stamp the photos and sign the applications forms - then send them off and wait to see if they are ok.

What you been up to.................
Back to top Go down

AuthorMessage
paddy
Senior user
Senior user

PostSubject: Re: Daily chatter   Daily chatter - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 02, 2016 9:10 pm

you know Bazz that's one of the nicest things that can be said.
Bernie good luck with the rental make sure the agent pays you your money
get your passport soon and get yours and Dougies bum back to BG as I am looking forward to a Bacon Butty at your place.
Back to top Go down
http://www.askbuck.com/.
oddball
oddball

PostSubject: Re: Daily chatter   Daily chatter - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 02, 2016 9:25 pm

justbazz wrote:
So long as you are honest about the way you advertise your property/house/caravan or whatever, it should all come down to the end user...let them make the choice!!

Well that is the way to look at it Bazz but I have no choice but the trust the agent I can't manage it from BG and there is nobody to help here. Hopefully Paddy it will all work out, I have a good agent....we have a viewing tomorrow. g
Back to top Go down
oddball
oddball

PostSubject: Re: Daily chatter   Daily chatter - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 03, 2016 8:26 am

Oh dear I had a very bad night last night up and down ddthe stairs like a yo yo.  Stressing about renting Hot I hope this is natural We have a viewing today so kind of brings it all into reality. We are not renting until 1st April.

I do hope my passport is back on time or we will be out in the street Daily chatter - Page 3 3998065313  I did the tracking on the website today. I sent the passport to London Irish Embassy  on 19th March tracking stated ........
Application received 25/02/2016 and is at Stage 1 of 6: Received and Registered . This may take up to 6 weeks  Daily chatter - Page 3 2345823347 Daily chatter - Page 3 794030042
Back to top Go down
oddball
oddball

PostSubject: Re: Daily chatter   Daily chatter - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 03, 2016 1:29 pm

s s Well I feel a lot better now that the 2 viewings are over and both families love the place so we wait now. There are 3 more viewings waiting, so looks like houses are in great demand....

Now to tackle the Insurance people and then the Tax office c Who no doubt will throw yet another spanner in the works, Lets hope it all goes well Angel
Back to top Go down
oddball
oddball

PostSubject: Re: Daily chatter   Daily chatter - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 03, 2016 10:21 am

Something for your to ponder over for a few minutes........

Good Morning All ..

Will you pass this test
You are driving down the road in your car on a wild, stormy night, when you pass by a bus stop and you see three people waiting for the bus:
1. An old lady who looks as if she is about to die
2. A very old friend who once saved your life.
3. The perfect partner you have been dreaming about.
Which one would you choose to offer a ride to, knowing that there could only be one passenger in your car?
Think before you continue reading.

Daily chatter - Page 3 3897195628 Daily chatter - Page 3 3897195628 Daily chatter - Page 3 3897195628 Daily chatter - Page 3 3897195628 Daily chatter - Page 3 3897195628

This is a moral/ethical dilemma that was once actually used as part of a job application.
You could pick up the old lady, because she is going to die, and thus you should save her first. Or you could take the old friend because he once saved your life, and this would be the perfect chance to pay him back. However, you may never be able to find your perfect mate again
YOU WON'T BELIEVE THIS....................
The candidate who was hired (out of 200 applicants) had no trouble coming up with his answer. He simply answered: 'I would give the car keys to my old friend and let him take the lady to the hospital. I would stay behind and wait for the bus with the partner of my dreams.'
Sometimes, we gain more if we are able to give up our stubborn thought limitations.
Never forget to 'Think Outside of the Box.'
HOWEVER...., The correct answer IMHO is to run the old lady over and put her out of her misery, have sex with the perfect partner on the bonnet of the car, then drive off with the old friend for a few beers.
God, I just love happy endings!
Back to top Go down
oddball
oddball

PostSubject: Re: Daily chatter   Daily chatter - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 07, 2016 7:34 am

We started mixing the concrete for the patio gazebo area, not at all sure we are doing this right but of course his lordship knows best so I did the next best thing yep: Left him to do it himself... La
Back to top Go down
justbazz
Super user
Super user
justbazz

PostSubject: subject   Daily chatter - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 07, 2016 6:59 pm

So....did it all turn out well?

Are you both out on the top deck, enjoying a 'sundowner' and admiring the handiwork?
Back to top Go down
oddball
oddball

PostSubject: Re: Daily chatter   Daily chatter - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 07, 2016 9:49 pm

justbazz wrote:
So....did it all turn out well?

Are you both out on the top deck, enjoying a 'sundowner' and admiring the handiwork?

Well he got quarter of it done than gave up.. Hot However, tonight sitting on the small patio he said tomorrow WE will try get half done so I guess he needs my help after all. Daily chatter - Page 3 3367882216 Daily chatter - Page 3 3367882216 Will see how it goes tomorrow.

We will have to do a top screeding and I would like that to be a different colour therefore, can anyone tell me if I can get a colour powder to add to cement and a name please. Thank you so much g
Back to top Go down
justbazz
Super user
Super user
justbazz

PostSubject: subject   Daily chatter - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 08, 2016 6:25 am

Yes, there is quite a range of colour additives you can use....I used some powdered stuff when I did the grouting on my slab work. From memory, I got it from Pracktika...I'll have a dig around later and see if the bag has a name on it.
Back to top Go down
oddball
oddball

PostSubject: Re: Daily chatter   Daily chatter - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 08, 2016 10:38 am

Ah that's great thanks Bazz.

Well we have laid just over half the patio for the gazebo now and all went well ie no paddy fits from his lordship La .  May do some more later tonight or if not than tomorrow.  Run out of the wire but as we already have a patio on the next part we probably don't need it, just need to put some tiles down and break them up. It does not need a lot of filling now.  Dougie is mixing and tipping and I am smoothing.

Once this lots is concreted we will get some soft sand for mix of the top layer and the powder mix to colour it so should be nice and smooth.  The sand ie ballast we have has too many big stones in it. It is sand from the seaside. I did find some lovely shells in it mind.  It's not a master piece but a good attempt for our first try, nodoubt as the years goes on we will get more experience...

Around the edges I think we will have to add more cement when the boards come off I did bang the cement down but would be surprised if it fill it all so will build up sides and then add some various colour broken tiles as decoration along with some sea shells and stones that I will varnish  - getting real excited about finishing it now.

The wood shed is coming on lovely too filling coloured bottles of water all the time and adding so when all added will post final photo.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
justbazz
Super user
Super user
justbazz

PostSubject: subject   Daily chatter - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 08, 2016 11:36 am

If, as you say, you are going to put another (coloured) layer on top, there is no need to have a smooth finish on this level. A rough surface will help the final layer to adhere. Also, don't let it all dry too quickly...a fine misting all over, every now and then will help.
Back to top Go down
oddball
oddball

PostSubject: Re: Daily chatter   Daily chatter - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 08, 2016 1:04 pm

justbazz wrote:
If, as you say, you are going to put another (coloured) layer on top, there is no need to have a smooth finish on this level. A rough surface will help the final layer to adhere. Also, don't let it all dry too quickly...a fine misting all over, every now and then will help.

Oh right thanks Bazz will put some water on it now.
Back to top Go down
varnagirl
Super user
Super user
varnagirl

PostSubject: Re: Daily chatter   Daily chatter - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 08, 2016 4:56 pm

hi guys... just had a 10dys in uk , but now back....have i missed anything important ?
Back to top Go down
Noddy
Senior user
Senior user
Noddy

PostSubject: Re: Daily chatter   Daily chatter - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 08, 2016 7:03 pm

No but we've missed you Daily chatter - Page 3 1660588075 back
Back to top Go down
varnagirl
Super user
Super user
varnagirl

PostSubject: Re: Daily chatter   Daily chatter - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 08, 2016 7:41 pm

aww Nodddy ...thank you , brought a tear to me eye that did.. s
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Daily chatter   Daily chatter - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Daily chatter

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next