altText

Daily chatter

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
oddball
oddball

Daily chatter Empty
PostSubject: Daily chatter   Daily chatter Icon_minitimeWed Feb 03, 2016 5:28 pm

Hi guys though we might have a post where we can have a daily chat What do you think?

Today i got the passport forms fill in a total nightmare to do now but I got there, then I had to battle the photos booth and if you make a mistake you lose your £5.00 so have to listen to all the instructions and select the right options, I almost had fun photos instead of ID photos. All we need now is to get someone to sign and stamp the photos and sign the applications forms - then send them off and wait to see if they are ok.

What you been up to.................
Back to top Go down
justbazz
Super user
Super user
justbazz

Daily chatter Empty
PostSubject: subject   Daily chatter Icon_minitimeWed Feb 03, 2016 7:18 pm

5 quid for a passport photo? What a greedy country you live in!!

Had mine done over here not so long ago...10 photos for 2 leva...5 second interval, so you could get it right, It had the big mirror surrounding the lens...all marked with the border and instructions to tell you where to look...you pressed the button when you were ready!!!

Mind you, I could have taken your photos for you, before you left. I have the EU standard framing format and the printer to go with it.

Before you ask...that's it mentioned above and my 13 year old daughter handled it all!
Back to top Go down
oddball
oddball

Daily chatter Empty
PostSubject: Re: Daily chatter   Daily chatter Icon_minitimeFri Feb 05, 2016 12:22 pm

Yes and if you get the photos wrong you have to pay another £5 Hot

Now I HAVE A BIG PROBLEM...................

Ikea has been holding onto some items for me to include 4 sofa's, a microwave and a fridge freezer. This is great news but I HAVE no way of getting them to BG so may have to decline them. I cannot put them into storage as they are too big for the racking and our agreement was boxes to fit inside the racking only, plus I don't think the transport company will take large items like this again they allocated us box space from floor to ceiling half a lorry at the same price every year even though we tend to go over the space. However, even if I COULD get them on the lorry it would not leave much room for anything else and effectively we would be paying the £1200 to transport the large item, So unless I CAN find another way I will have to decline. I have contacted the media and the municipality in Silistra to see if they can help, maybe they know of lorries that come back to bg empty. Fingers crossed
Back to top Go down
justbazz
Super user
Super user
justbazz

Daily chatter Empty
PostSubject: subject   Daily chatter Icon_minitimeFri Feb 05, 2016 1:19 pm

Have a chat with Mike ( Mike and Tanya on our forum).

He told me yesterday that he knows of a lorry that travels BG-UK-BG every fortnight or so.
Back to top Go down
oddball
oddball

Daily chatter Empty
PostSubject: Re: Daily chatter   Daily chatter Icon_minitimeFri Feb 05, 2016 5:33 pm

justbazz wrote:
Have a chat with Mike ( Mike and Tanya on our forum).

He told me yesterday that he knows of a lorry that travels BG-UK-BG every fortnight or so.

Thank you Bazz hopefully [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]&tanya reply on the post..... g
Back to top Go down
justbazz
Super user
Super user
justbazz

Daily chatter Empty
PostSubject: subject   Daily chatter Icon_minitimeFri Feb 05, 2016 6:48 pm

You might have to PM him Berni...he almost never replies to posts on here.
Back to top Go down
oddball
oddball

Daily chatter Empty
PostSubject: Re: Daily chatter   Daily chatter Icon_minitimeFri Feb 05, 2016 7:38 pm

justbazz wrote:
You might have to PM him Berni...he almost never replies to posts on here.

Ah right will do that Bazz thanks.....
Back to top Go down
mike&tanya
Senior user
Senior user
mike&tanya

Daily chatter Empty
PostSubject: Re: Daily chatter   Daily chatter Icon_minitimeSat Feb 06, 2016 2:45 pm

Hi all,
just read the topic, been a bit busy packing for our trip out next week.
Berni, yes there is a lorry that goes back and forth from a Bulgarian food shop in Tottenham ( a couple of miles from us) roughly twice a month. We have sent some stuff out about a month ago and only today left something with them for Tanya,s nephew.
They have a small depot in Karlova which is very handy for us,( I believe that for a price they will deliver from the depot, but don,t quote me on that)
The couple of problems that I can see with this is
A) we are travelling out on Monday, therefor no time to organise anything.
B) not sure where your stuff is, but I am guessing that it is not near Tottenham, North London.
C) also not sure about the delivery issues in Bulgaria.
This arrangement is perfect for myself and Tanya at both ends, but could be a bigger problem for further afield at both ends, I mentioned it to Barry because it would be no problem for him to either pick up from me or from the depot, as we are both at the other end of the country to most people on here.
But if you think it might work (bearing in mind the limited time we now have) let me know, but I believe the timing is unfortunately not good.
Back to top Go down
oddball
oddball

Daily chatter Empty
PostSubject: Re: Daily chatter   Daily chatter Icon_minitimeSat Feb 06, 2016 9:13 pm

Hi Mike

Thank you so much for your prompt reply. Unfortunately the time scale is not good for us as we still have to get the sofa's signed off from IKea and we are in Peterborough Cambs a few hours from London. Still now we know about them we will keep them in mind. thank you.

Tonight I heard back from the journalist in Silistra to say he will make enquiries also heard from the x deputy governor she will look into getting us help if she can so fingers crossed.
Back to top Go down
justbazz
Super user
Super user
justbazz

Daily chatter Empty
PostSubject: subject   Daily chatter Icon_minitimeSat Feb 06, 2016 10:32 pm

Berni...what about that chap you referred to me a couple of years ago?...he ended up bringing my roof box over. Was his name Allen or something like that?...he does regular trips and he goes up Varna way when he's over here.

Do you know who I mean?
Back to top Go down
mike&tanya
Senior user
Senior user
mike&tanya

Daily chatter Empty
PostSubject: Re: Daily chatter   Daily chatter Icon_minitimeSat Feb 06, 2016 11:13 pm

No problem Berni,
I thought that it probably would not work this time around. However I am out to Bulgaria for 3 weeks on Monday and Tanya will be staying until mid April. So if when i am back there is anything I can help with let me know, but to be honest the people working in the Bulgarian shop know very little English and my Bulgarian is not that great, so it would be better if Tanya was around.
Barry we will give you a call once we are back from Pamporova (we are there for 4 nights from 12th to 15th) to try to arrange another get together before I fly back on the 29th.Although as i said before i think the fit out of the new build will keep us fairly busy.
Back to top Go down
justbazz
Super user
Super user
justbazz

Daily chatter Empty
PostSubject: subject   Daily chatter Icon_minitimeSun Feb 07, 2016 8:33 am

justbazz wrote:
Berni...what about that chap you referred to me a couple of years ago?...he ended up bringing my roof box over. Was his name Allen or something like that?...he does regular trips and he goes up Varna way when he's over here.

Do you know who I mean?

Then again, maybe his name is Glyn....my memory is a bit hazy!!
Back to top Go down
oddball
oddball

Daily chatter Empty
PostSubject: Re: Daily chatter   Daily chatter Icon_minitimeSun Feb 07, 2016 8:52 am

justbazz wrote:
justbazz wrote:

Do you know who I mean?[/quote

Then again, maybe his name is Glyn....my memory is a bit hazy!!

Ah yes remember UK to BG I will see if they are still operational and ask, they can only say no eh! thanks
Back to top Go down
varnagirl
Super user
Super user
varnagirl

Daily chatter Empty
PostSubject: Re: Daily chatter   Daily chatter Icon_minitimeSun Feb 07, 2016 4:52 pm

they still are....and it is Glyn thats the boss
Back to top Go down
oddball
oddball

Daily chatter Empty
PostSubject: Re: Daily chatter   Daily chatter Icon_minitimeSun Feb 07, 2016 5:00 pm

varnagirl wrote:
they still are....and it is Glyn thats the boss

Great thanks will give them a try.....
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Daily chatter Empty
PostSubject: Re: Daily chatter   Daily chatter Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Daily chatter

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next