altText

BRITAIN’S crazy benefits system is exposed

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
oddball
oddball

BRITAIN’S crazy benefits system is exposed - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: BRITAIN’S crazy benefits system is exposed   BRITAIN’S crazy benefits system is exposed - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 09, 2014 5:55 pm

First topic message reminder :

[size=85:eq06oir1]source UKMW NEWS

Some people really know how to wind the public up BRITAIN’S crazy benefits system is exposed - Page 3 3135333095

BRITAIN’S crazy benefits system is exposed today by a Roma gypsy who is using £60,000 in handouts to create a lavish home.

Scrap metal dealer Ion Lazar plans to pay for the house with generous child bene?t and tax credits funded by taxpayers. Handouts have made him so rich he pays tradesmen in cash to build the property in Romania for his wife and three children.
He said: “It’s coming in bene?ts. It’s like free money, thank you England.” The situation was last night labelled a “national scandal” and an insult to hard-working families after ?gures showed £30million in child bene?t was sent from Britain to 20,400 families in other European countries in 2012-13.

Outrage over child benefit and tax credits has seen David Cameron call for a four-year ban on migrants claiming benefits. Mr Lazar, 36, is able to claim benefits because his part-time wage as a self-employed scrap metal collector in London is so low he pays no tax. He says his children are a passport to £1,700 a month in welfare.
In a Channel 5 documentary this week he boasts how British taxpayers are funding lavish improvements to the family home in the gypsy village of Argetoaia in southern Romania. In the programme he says: “I know the benefit I can make very easily in England.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] ... oma-gypsy/

How can this be true - the average wage in the uk outside of London is £950 a month afer tax so how coud this man get £1700 a month on benefits. BRITAIN’S crazy benefits system is exposed - Page 3 3135333095
Back to top Go down

AuthorMessage
paddy
Senior user
Senior user

PostSubject: Re: BRITAIN’S crazy benefits system is exposed   BRITAIN’S crazy benefits system is exposed - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 05, 2015 3:21 pm

reading Phil's comments I do have to agree with him as if your not in that country then you should not be able to claim the funds in the same way as if your kids do not live with you in that country you should not be able to claim for them.
Back to top Go down
http://www.askbuck.com/.
cheekychops
Super user
Super user
cheekychops

PostSubject: Re: BRITAIN’S crazy benefits system is exposed   BRITAIN’S crazy benefits system is exposed - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 05, 2015 3:53 pm

If they should be applied then surely those that have to pay tax in the uk but live elsewhere should not have to p[ay ?????
Back to top Go down
Carmen
Super user
Super user
Carmen

PostSubject: Re: BRITAIN’S crazy benefits system is exposed   BRITAIN’S crazy benefits system is exposed - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 05, 2015 4:03 pm

I cannot understand why someone who has contributed to the system all of their life should be discriminated against because they live abroad. But there again, women are being asked to wait another 6 years for their pension even though they have fully paid into the system. Disgraceful.
Back to top Go down
oddball
oddball

PostSubject: Re: BRITAIN’S crazy benefits system is exposed   BRITAIN’S crazy benefits system is exposed - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 05, 2015 6:47 pm

I wrote a long post on here early hours of the morning but I can't find it now so I probably did not save it properely. so now the short viersion . Basically the government will never be in agreement as to who to pay allowances/benefits to. If they stop paying people because they live in another country, than that itself will open up a new cattle of fish ie State pensions Will they then decide to stop payiing pension because people live abroad. ? BRITAIN’S crazy benefits system is exposed - Page 3 3135333095
Back to top Go down
Phil-H
Super user
Super user
Phil-H

PostSubject: Re: BRITAIN’S crazy benefits system is exposed   BRITAIN’S crazy benefits system is exposed - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 05, 2015 7:20 pm

Carmen wrote:
I cannot understand why someone who has contributed to the system all of their life should be discriminated against because they live abroad. But there again, women are being asked to wait another 6 years for their pension even though they have fully paid into the system. Disgraceful.
I'm sorry but which system are you referring to when you say have 'contributed to the system'

I agree people may well have paid into a retirement payout scheme which we commonly call 'a pension' and start receiving payments in return when one retires from work, but where is it written that just because people pay into a pension scheme they then automatically become entitled to other payments such as the cold weather payment scheme?

I know this is a very touchy subject and therefore as I don't really see any way we will all agree I am leaving it at that.
Then again, how about making a claim for housing benefit to be paid out of the scheme that people have paid into?

As I said before, personally I will take all the cash that our government wants to keep throwing at me and I don't blame or hold any ill feelings for anyone else who also may think the same, but I still maintain these payments should be for people actually living in the country and regardless of the weather whatever country they may live in.
Back to top Go down
paddy
Senior user
Senior user

PostSubject: Re: BRITAIN’S crazy benefits system is exposed   BRITAIN’S crazy benefits system is exposed - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 06, 2015 8:53 am

I think we are all forgetting, that this all started from a Romanian person claiming money for his kids in Romanian, and not some person who has paid various amounts of money into a system to help ALL UK nationals regardless of where we all live, again we have something similar over on the Isle Of Man, the system follows the UK system, but if you have worked I think 20+ years here you are entitled to an extra payment, but the UK people coming in just to retire try and claim this extra payment by saying it is unfair for them not to have this.
also each country has an agreement with each other, to pay each other back for payments made in that country, but we all know that that country will say it does not pay that allowance in their country so they will not pay it.
as Bernie said where does it stop if we all start complaining who knows the Government might just say that all your Pensions should be paid in the country where you live at the amount that a pensioner would get in that country, so most people on a pension from the UK would get less than 1/2 the amount they already get. "
OUCH"
Back to top Go down
http://www.askbuck.com/.
willowsend
Mega user
Mega user
willowsend

PostSubject: Re: BRITAIN’S crazy benefits system is exposed   BRITAIN’S crazy benefits system is exposed - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 06, 2015 1:53 pm

Everything posted on this forum regarding this topic could all change at the next General Election in May. The party leaders have already started their campaign's and are handing out all sorts of promises which we usually have to take with a pinch of salt
Come the new tax year in April, at least we can draw out our private pensions without any penalties g
Back to top Go down
Phil-H
Super user
Super user
Phil-H

PostSubject: Re: BRITAIN’S crazy benefits system is exposed   BRITAIN’S crazy benefits system is exposed - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 15, 2015 4:46 pm

willowsend wrote:
Everything posted on this forum regarding this topic could all change at the next General Election in May. The party leaders have already started their campaign's and are handing out all sorts of promises which we usually have to take with a pinch of salt
Come the new tax year in April, at least we can draw out our private pensions without any penalties g
Only for those that have not yet purchased a annuity, or basically only those people that have not yet retired.

For all of us that have retired even recently and have purchased a annuity, regardless of who it's with on the money advice program a few nights ago they were saying it is not 'retrospective' so we can't now go and ask for the remainder to be paid, IE, in most cases the 75% that got left behind to pay for the 'private pension' after we took the cash lump sum of 25%.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: BRITAIN’S crazy benefits system is exposed   BRITAIN’S crazy benefits system is exposed - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

BRITAIN’S crazy benefits system is exposed

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3