Has the world gone crazy

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
willowsend
Mega user
Mega user
willowsend

Has the world gone crazy Empty
PostSubject: Has the world gone crazy   Has the world gone crazy Icon_minitimeWed Aug 02, 2017 11:07 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

There are four main types of air pollution sources:
• mobile sources – such as cars, buses, planes, trucks, and trains.
• stationary sources – such as power plants, oil refineries, industrial facilities, and factories.
• area sources – such as agricultural areas, cities, and wood burning fireplaces.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Every airplane in the sky uses aviation fuel
Most ships on the sea uses diesel fuel
Many trains on the rail network use diesel fuel
Will the likes of this great guy go out of business [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Can you imagine Lewis Hamilton driving an electric car in a Formula 1 Race
I could go on but you will get the idea from what I have already written

What will happen to all the garages who sell fuel
Will the National Grid be able to cope
What happens if you break down, do you call out an electrician not the AA or RAC

I didn’t know what topic I could write about on the forum to get members to reply, so this is it

One thing I can be fairly sure about is come 2040 I wont be driving any sort of vehicle
just pushing up daisy’s

Have fun folks pulling this one apart
Back to top Go down
GeshiSimon
Senior user
Senior user
GeshiSimon

PostSubject: Re: Has the world gone crazy   Has the world gone crazy Icon_minitimeFri Aug 04, 2017 1:54 am

Time to break out the wood burning moped
Back to top Go down
justbazz
Super user
Super user
justbazz

PostSubject: subject   Has the world gone crazy Icon_minitimeFri Aug 04, 2017 7:33 am

....magic carpet or 2 seater broomstick?
Back to top Go down
oddball
oddball

PostSubject: Re: Has the world gone crazy   Has the world gone crazy Icon_minitimeFri Aug 04, 2017 8:12 am

What are you guys like wow We women need our comfort so too much smoke from wood burner moped and sitting on a broomstick well I have a fat ass so not an option/ So get your thinking caps on and think floating beds, settees etc etc La La
Back to top Go down
GeshiSimon
Senior user
Senior user
GeshiSimon

PostSubject: Re: Has the world gone crazy   Has the world gone crazy Icon_minitimeFri Aug 04, 2017 3:29 pm

On a more serious note (and to get back on topic), after some thought about this, there are some points that I don't think have been thought through in enough depth by the government.

These are the facts as I perceive them.

1) As far as I know the UK is the only country implementing such measures (I am ready and willing to be corrected on this), that being the case how much time, money and effort are the major car manufacturers likely to spend on developing non fossil fuel vehicles?
2) The current technology allows for a range of about 100 miles before requiring a recharge. The current recharge time is about 6 hours at 7Kw.
3) I believe that haulage vehicles (HGV's) are to be exempt from this.

The speculative effects would be (not in the order of any sort of priority)

1) The sale of new vehicles would plummet after 2030 (who would buy a new car knowing that it could not be resold after 5 years, most buyers in the second hand car market expect at least 5 years use).
2) Deliveries from such companies as Parcel Force and DHL would be restricted to 50 miles (which company would except a 6 hour wait for the driver to recharge?), in addition to this the companies would probably need 3 vehicles per driver if the working day is based on 8 hours and allowing 2 hours for deliveries and loading. The costs for non HGV deliveries would rise exponentially.
3) The chances are that the price of everything will increase, fuel companies are not known for their generosity and the loss of revenue from vehicles other than HGV's would most likely result in an increase in the price of diesel. The increased cost would therefore be passed on.
4) All vehicles owning households would require a separate circuit for recharging 7Kw draws almost 30 amps so a standard ring main would just “pop” if anything else was plugged in during the recharging period.
5) The power drain would exceed the amount that is produced, imagine every home in the UK drawing 3/5 of the power consumed by an electric cooker at full blast from 5 or 6 o'clock in the evening. Power cuts and back to the 70's.

The implication's are far more reaching and I have no doubt that there are many more effects that will take place.
Back to top Go down
willowsend
Mega user
Mega user
willowsend

PostSubject: Re: Has the world gone crazy   Has the world gone crazy Icon_minitimeFri Aug 04, 2017 4:00 pm

Excellent post/reply and T I started the post because I wanted to hear comments as I thought the idea of banning fuel vehicles after 2040 was stupid, or am I. No rude comments please Has the world gone crazy 1931734156
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Has the world gone crazy   Has the world gone crazy Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Has the world gone crazy

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1