altText

Granny house conversion

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage
oddball
oddball

Granny house conversion - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Granny house conversion   Granny house conversion - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSat May 24, 2014 8:29 am

First topic message reminder :

Hi Guys

Below is the little granny house we were going to knock down and put a new build on there but if we do that, the mayor says we still have to go though the planning permission however, we can renovate the existing building and add a second floor s this property is on the skitxa. So here is the building my question is at each end of the house there is about a meter of concrete - could we extend the wall or even one wall to that so we can get the jeep in from the front rather that the side.

Back to top Go down

AuthorMessage
oddball
oddball

PostSubject: Re: Granny house conversion   Granny house conversion - Page 7 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 22, 2014 10:53 pm

22 sept update

Today was a mishmash day - George and us went to town to get more materials decrative stone for the bottom of the house wall. also some cement sand and whitestuff. I think we have all the materials now apart from the garage floor an stairs cement. So at a rough count instead of the 9490lev materials at the begnning have now esculated to almost 15,000 lev but that also includes the windows and the doors. Labour is on top of that.

The stairs
Back to top Go down
oddball
oddball

PostSubject: Re: Granny house conversion   Granny house conversion - Page 7 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 24, 2014 7:24 pm

24th Sept update today the rest of the staris was completed apart from the last step the cement needs to dry. The plumbing has been done in the garage as we decided to have a toilet and hand basin in there too. The windows were put in upstairs and they look good, not much of that foam stuff so I am surprised. They did a good job. The toughened glsss was also put in at the top of the garage doors. The glue stuff was put on the outside walls ready for rendering tomorrow. We have decided to put decrative stone at the bottom of the wall to finish off,.

Back to top Go down
Admin
Administrator
Administrator
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Granny house conversion   Granny house conversion - Page 7 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 24, 2014 7:45 pm

Wouldn't mind living in that myself Granny house conversion - Page 7 570106603
Back to top Go down
http://www.ourbulgariaforum.com
BGIan
Junior user
Junior user
BGIan

PostSubject: Re: Granny house conversion   Granny house conversion - Page 7 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 24, 2014 7:49 pm

Looking good, i love the scaffolding [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
oddball
oddball

PostSubject: Re: Granny house conversion   Granny house conversion - Page 7 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 26, 2014 4:30 pm

Thanks guys. Yes scaffloding. ladders and hoists all home made fab eh!1

Today 26th Sept the staris and some of the plasterboard done on the landing. Three sides of the building now rendered.

Back to top Go down
oddball
oddball

PostSubject: Re: Granny house conversion   Granny house conversion - Page 7 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 29, 2014 7:39 pm

29th Sept update.... The plasterboard going up the stairs has been put in today. Took three of them all day and tomorrow I assume the filling and priming. 61 days work so far got a few more jobs to do finish off a wall and a half rendering outside, then put decrative stones at the bottom. The garage floor needs cement and finish of the stairs..... Once the big jobs arre done we can do the rest fit the shower room out do the tiling walls and floors also fit the kitchen. We may render or plasterboard the inside of the garage walls. So hopefully won't be too much longer however, the other builder is off sick so don't know for sure how much longer.

Back to top Go down
carolo
Junior user
Junior user

PostSubject: Re: Granny house conversion   Granny house conversion - Page 7 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 29, 2014 8:18 pm

H Bernie
It's looking great! - I'm sure it will be worth the wait when it's all finished - Just finding out myself that things in Bulgaria take time - lots of it. Coming over next week - cant wait.

Good lock with the finishing g
Back to top Go down
itchyfeet
Mega user
Mega user
itchyfeet

PostSubject: Re: Granny house conversion   Granny house conversion - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 30, 2014 9:30 am

oddball wrote:
29th Sept update.... The plasterboard going up the stairs has been put in today. Took three of them all day and tomorrow I assume the filling and priming. 61 days work so far got a few more jobs to do finish off a wall and a half rendering outside, then put decrative stones at the bottom. The garage floor needs cement and finish of the stairs..... Once the big jobs arre done we can do the rest fit the shower room out do the tiling walls and floors also fit the kitchen. We may render or plasterboard the inside of the garage walls. So hopefully won't be too much longer however, the other builder is off sick so don't know for sure how much longer.

It's all looking good now and the roof has been well done with a fasia board, which always seems to be an optional extra here. The fasia board will restrict the winters wind and keep the tiles on the roof and not scatter them around the garden!

c c c
Back to top Go down
oddball
oddball

PostSubject: Re: Granny house conversion   Granny house conversion - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 30, 2014 7:10 pm

20th Sept again only 3 workers s only the floor was prepared for concrete tomorrow.

Back to top Go down
oddball
oddball

PostSubject: Re: Granny house conversion   Granny house conversion - Page 7 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 01, 2014 9:17 am

1st Oct update layiing the garage floor

Back to top Go down
oddball
oddball

PostSubject: Re: Granny house conversion   Granny house conversion - Page 7 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 01, 2014 10:13 pm

Now I am flabbergasted - before the bulders finished tonight I went out to see how they had done as Dougie said they have almost finished they are just doing the slop outside the garage. So when I got there I was surprised to see boards holding the cement in place for a slope. I said what is this? only to realised it was a step about 5"
Granny house conversion - Page 7 3135333095 yep, I was gobsmacked. Why on earth would we want a step leading into the garage. What was he thinking! - I said as nice as I could no step, he looked at me real gone out, thought about if for a minute and than said no problem. He took the boards away and filled with sand and levelled it down. The step was about 3"
one said and 8"
the other side....... Granny house conversion - Page 7 3135333095 Yes the drive in will have stones there but not for a while yet that is the next job.

Back to top Go down
Admin
Administrator
Administrator
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Granny house conversion   Granny house conversion - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 02, 2014 7:22 am

That's Bulgarians for you I guess? I have read so many times on here "
NO PROBLEM"
:shocked1:Anyway how is the height inside ok ? only asking because it looks a bit low where the support is. g
Back to top Go down
oddball
oddball

PostSubject: Re: Granny house conversion   Granny house conversion - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 02, 2014 8:46 am

Admin wrote:
That's Bulgarians for you I guess? I have read so many times on here "
NO PROBLEM"
:shocked1:Anyway how is the height inside ok ? only asking because it looks a bit low where the support is. g

Yes, his best English is No Problem and bless him he does sort it if I am not happy with anything. Today he has come in and obviously thought about the step and has now decided to extend the slope further down so there is no step what so ever.

Yes, that was my first reaction when I saw the huge boulder - I said there is no way the jeep will fit in so they had to stop and think about it then they measured the jeep and it all seem well with about 10"
spare but now they built the floor up I don't know - again they easured and it seems all is ok but for me I have to see it in there to believe it. Would it be awful to have built a garage and than find you cannot put the jeeps in Granny house conversion - Page 7 2345823347 Builder says No Problem we can dig down Granny house conversion - Page 7 3367882216
Back to top Go down
Admin
Administrator
Administrator
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Granny house conversion   Granny house conversion - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 02, 2014 8:53 am

Just don't use a roof crate or big tyres on the Jeep g
Back to top Go down
oddball
oddball

PostSubject: Re: Granny house conversion   Granny house conversion - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 02, 2014 9:46 am

Admin wrote:
Just don't use a roof crate or big tyres on the Jeep g

The hight is 2.7mts and they assure me there is about 8"
spare wth he roof rack on the Pajero and that is bigger than the Cherokee..... I have to see this for myself Granny house conversion - Page 7 3998065313 Don't know why we had to have such a big boulder and why is was not flat rather than upright beats me I can only think this was because the metal was that shape, but hey I am a woman what do I know!! :Very funny 2:but logic thinking such as
1) the garage doors to be broough to the front otherwise they will not open back
2) the landing needs to be extended as too small for larger items like furniture and boxes
3) the position of the toilet upstairs it was almost in the middle of the room
4) landing at the top of the stairs as need to put stuff down to open the door
5) Insulating the whole ceiling rather that a strip here and there
6) no step leading into the garage
need I go on
Granny house conversion - Page 7 3367882216
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Granny house conversion   Granny house conversion - Page 7 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Granny house conversion

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 7 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next