altText

Granny house conversion

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage
oddball
oddball

Granny house conversion - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Granny house conversion   Granny house conversion - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat May 24, 2014 8:29 am

First topic message reminder :

Hi Guys

Below is the little granny house we were going to knock down and put a new build on there but if we do that, the mayor says we still have to go though the planning permission however, we can renovate the existing building and add a second floor s this property is on the skitxa. So here is the building my question is at each end of the house there is about a meter of concrete - could we extend the wall or even one wall to that so we can get the jeep in from the front rather that the side.

Back to top Go down

AuthorMessage
Netsniperthefirst
Netsniperthefirst

PostSubject: Re: Granny house conversion   Granny house conversion - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 12, 2014 11:59 am

Looking good Berni, when you moving in Granny house conversion - Page 4 1865348797
Back to top Go down
http://www.marketdraytonforum.com
oddball
oddball

PostSubject: Re: Granny house conversion   Granny house conversion - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 13, 2014 7:17 am

Thanks Nets, now I never said I WAS moviing in but I am seriously considering moving Dougie in there Granny house conversion - Page 4 1865348797

Here is the work from yesterday Walls build up and metal for cement made up. They started at 6am an finished at 1.30. We went for a walk at 5.20 last evening and the builders were all still in the local shop/bar - Have to keep an eye on them today just in case eh Granny house conversion - Page 4 1995268642

Interanal walls going up too
Back to top Go down
oddball
oddball

PostSubject: Re: Granny house conversion   Granny house conversion - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 14, 2014 4:17 pm

Today 14th Aug a load of cement arrived they filled the 4 top corners and the front boulder 4 larger boulders to done in the next few days. This concret i workiing out quiet expensive everytime a load is dleivered it is 180lev about 1.2 ton althugh this is the best price. They mixed it up themselves and fill the boulder boarded areas. I still got the ground floor to do and the 4 large top boulers.

The hoist is brilliant made from trees, a bucket on a rope and the wheelbarrow filled with bags of cement as a weight

Back to top Go down
BGIan
Junior user
Junior user
BGIan

PostSubject: Re: Granny house conversion   Granny house conversion - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 14, 2014 5:01 pm

Looking like a job being well done, can i ask where the access is for stairs to top floor?
Back to top Go down
itchyfeet
Mega user
Mega user
itchyfeet

PostSubject: Re: Granny house conversion   Granny house conversion - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 14, 2014 6:16 pm

BGIan wrote:
Looking like a job being well done, can i ask where the access is for stairs to top floor?

Do you go up on the hoist with the wheelbarrow Berni? Intriging how these old methods are used, old maybe, but effective and cheap as well.

Granny house conversion - Page 4 570106603 Granny house conversion - Page 4 570106603 Granny house conversion - Page 4 570106603 :Granny house conversion - Page 4 1931734156: :Granny house conversion - Page 4 1931734156:
Back to top Go down
oddball
oddball

PostSubject: Re: Granny house conversion   Granny house conversion - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 14, 2014 7:29 pm

BGIan wrote:

Thans BGian the garage doors will have an ordinary door in the middle so access will be thourgh that to the stairs and another door at the top .Because we have had 3 attempted breakin's the doors and windows will be in heavy steel. They broke through a 10 lock metal door in our villa and the last time they climbed onto the roof and took the tiles off but could not get in, but the water got in and did lots of damaage. so no staris ouside on this build. Hoopefully it will prove too difficult fo them. Angel

Will ask for Dougie to be hoisted up tomorrow Itchy - g I can't afford to break anything s Gaden Party is just around the corner Granny house conversion - Page 4 1865348797
Back to top Go down
oddball
oddball

PostSubject: Re: Granny house conversion   Granny house conversion - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 15, 2014 7:09 pm

Today 15th Aug all the boulders bar the cross one has now been filled with cement. Monday the reamining bicks nd the roof will come and the last boulder will be filled in. so getting there g Still don't know what the builders charge will be - they have worked 35 days s so far and had an advance of 2000lev

Men at work
Back to top Go down
GinaA
Senior user
Senior user
GinaA

PostSubject: Re: Granny house conversion   Granny house conversion - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 18, 2014 9:00 am

Wont be long now Berni Granny house conversion - Page 4 570106603
Back to top Go down
oddball
oddball

PostSubject: Re: Granny house conversion   Granny house conversion - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 18, 2014 10:30 am

GinaA wrote:
Wont be long now Berni Granny house conversion - Page 4 570106603

Getting there Gina. The bricks and roof cannot come today as the grounds are too wet - Geroge showed me how high the roof would be about another meter and a bit on top so getting excited about it now. Taking off the boardng and finishing off the cement today.
Back to top Go down
oddball
oddball

PostSubject: Re: Granny house conversion   Granny house conversion - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 18, 2014 4:13 pm

Today 18th Aug boards off, rest of the metal for beam complete and the gable ends done. Tomorrow filling the metal with cement for the tpe beam. Mabe if the groud is dry the brick and tiles will arrive. Beginning to take shape now

Back to top Go down
itchyfeet
Mega user
Mega user
itchyfeet

PostSubject: Re: Granny house conversion   Granny house conversion - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 19, 2014 10:23 am

oddball wrote:
Today 18th Aug boards off, rest of the metal for beam complete and the gable ends done. Tomorrow filling the metal with cement for the tpe beam. Mabe if the groud is dry the brick and tiles will arrive. Beginning to take shape now

Looking good Berni - Are you putting polystyrene on the inside walls and then plasterboarding?

Granny house conversion - Page 4 570106603 Granny house conversion - Page 4 570106603 Granny house conversion - Page 4 570106603 Granny house conversion - Page 4 570106603
Back to top Go down
oddball
oddball

PostSubject: Re: Granny house conversion   Granny house conversion - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 19, 2014 11:03 am

itchyfeet wrote:
Looking good Berni - Are you putting polystyrene on the inside walls and then plasterboarding?

Thanks Itchy getting there. Had the bricks, rooftiles gutteringm, facing woods, wood sheets ploystirene packets and plaster delivered today. Not sure Itchy some kind of chipboard has arrived today and very thin plyboard I asked the poli was or the roof but said he outside. I can't see any plasterboard and there is no way we are having then brown chipboard as ceiling. I want the polysterene in the roof too, the same as Dougie did in our ceilings inside he put up plastic, polistirene and plasterbaord then coat with plaster so I will try to explain this to the bulder as best I can.... Granny house conversion - Page 4 3998065313
Back to top Go down
oddball
oddball

PostSubject: Re: Granny house conversion   Granny house conversion - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 19, 2014 6:37 pm

19rg August update

Today the top boulder and gable ends were filled with cement and the more materials delivered.
Back to top Go down
oddball
oddball

PostSubject: Re: Granny house conversion   Granny house conversion - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 20, 2014 10:00 pm

Today 20th Aug update, all th wood been removed in the garage now and the roof beams are going on

Back to top Go down
oddball
oddball

PostSubject: Re: Granny house conversion   Granny house conversion - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 21, 2014 7:26 pm

Todays work 21st Aug it is looking like a building now. g
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Granny house conversion   Granny house conversion - Page 4 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Granny house conversion

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 4 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next