altText

Granny house conversion

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage
oddball
oddball

Granny house conversion - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Granny house conversion   Granny house conversion - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat May 24, 2014 8:29 am

First topic message reminder :

Hi Guys

Below is the little granny house we were going to knock down and put a new build on there but if we do that, the mayor says we still have to go though the planning permission however, we can renovate the existing building and add a second floor s this property is on the skitxa. So here is the building my question is at each end of the house there is about a meter of concrete - could we extend the wall or even one wall to that so we can get the jeep in from the front rather that the side.

Back to top Go down

AuthorMessage
BGIan
Junior user
Junior user
BGIan

PostSubject: Re: Granny house conversion   Granny house conversion - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 21, 2014 7:31 pm

Its coming on well, have you agreed a price with the builder yet?
Back to top Go down
oddball
oddball

PostSubject: Re: Granny house conversion   Granny house conversion - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 22, 2014 8:14 am

BGIan wrote:
Its coming on well, have you agreed a price with the builder yet?

Thanks Ian, no he said when it is finished. Told him I hope I have money left by than Granny house conversion - Page 5 3135333095 They 4 of them have worked 30 full days so far and I have paid him 2000lev in advance so I expect that wold be 500lev each man for a month. George knows there is more work to be done here like building a wall and a big decking area so hopefully he won't be overcharge me. It's had to know how much to put aside would it cost £5K or £15k ??? The materials have cost just over £5k but still have to get the doos and windows, bathroom items and cement for to screed the floors, I don't seem to have any plasterboard so either that is coming or we have to get it ourselves. I thought the last of the materials werre delivered last week, but I don' know. So keep your fingers crossed. I must admit they are all good workers they start at 8.30 till 12 break for lunch and back at 1.30 and all the time they are here, they work like troopers. I have not seen any one of them sitting around and they are neat and tidy too. They stack all the used wood, tiles etc etc in piles so we don't look like Steptoes yard Granny house conversion - Page 5 2381841692
Here is inside all clear of the wood acros.
Also the righthand side and back side views - the concete beam in the middle caused me a lttle concern as I was sure the jeeps would not fit in but measurement show there is a good 8inches even with the roof bar on. But of course we could dig down if it had been necessary. Granny house conversion - Page 5 2345823347

Back to top Go down
oddball
oddball

PostSubject: Re: Granny house conversion   Granny house conversion - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 22, 2014 4:08 pm

22 August update.... Today the wood beams inside and the gable ends plus the black waterproof inside the roof and inside. see how tidy they are amazing g

Back to top Go down
BGIan
Junior user
Junior user
BGIan

PostSubject: Re: Granny house conversion   Granny house conversion - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 22, 2014 5:41 pm

Hi, is it £5k or 5k leva? 5k pounds seems excessive for the materials, do you have a breakdown of the material costs and do you include transport costs into this aswell? i will be starting a project soon so any info is much appreciated.

Thanks
Ian
Back to top Go down
oddball
oddball

PostSubject: Re: Granny house conversion   Granny house conversion - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 22, 2014 7:26 pm

BGIan wrote:
Hi, is it £5k or 5k leva? 5k pounds seems excessive for the materials, do you have a breakdown of the material costs and do you include transport costs into this aswell? i will be starting a project soon so any info is much appreciated.

Thanks
Ian

Hi Ian, yes I have a list of items from brick to roof to ater lagging to nails but they are all in Bulgarian the total price for the materials on the list is 9490lev that included 390lev for transport ie 60lev a trip. I also had to by the seperate concrete for the floor and the boulders that came to 2400 at 180lev a ton and half and to include 35lev each transport. Plus we needed 120bags of gout and extra metal so the total in lev around 400lev we picked these up ourselves whilst in Silistra to save us transort costs. So to date 13200 Lev on materials and transport so far. Plus I advanced the builder 2000lev for the wages. in total 15200 lev = £6195 so just boke into my £7k we still have to get window doors etc and pay the builder so it is working out more that we thought. We thought about £10k would cover everything but this is not likely now. Granny house conversion - Page 5 3998065313
Back to top Go down
BGIan
Junior user
Junior user
BGIan

PostSubject: Re: Granny house conversion   Granny house conversion - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 22, 2014 8:30 pm

Thanks for the costs breakdown, do you know how many square metres your build is? Or length/width/hieght,

Thanks Ian
Back to top Go down
oddball
oddball

PostSubject: Re: Granny house conversion   Granny house conversion - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 23, 2014 9:24 am

it is 7sq mts by 6.3 sq mts and the high is about a meter bigger that previous building so say 5.5 mts Granny house conversion - Page 5 3367882216 There is not much difference between this one and the previous one apart from the style - other one looked smaller.
Back to top Go down
oddball
oddball

PostSubject: Re: Granny house conversion   Granny house conversion - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 26, 2014 8:26 pm

26tH Aug 2014 today the of beams had to be cut back by 10cm and the flashing had to be redone as it was not matchiing - I was not happy with the finish - Bulider saw a different side of me, this morning he came in and stripped the lot and redone now looks great.

Back to top Go down
itchyfeet
Mega user
Mega user
itchyfeet

PostSubject: Re: Granny house conversion   Granny house conversion - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 28, 2014 12:06 pm

oddball wrote:
26tH Aug 2014 today the of beams had to be cut back by 10cm and the flashing had to be redone as it was not matchiing - I was not happy with the finish - Bulider saw a different side of me, this morning he came in and stripped the lot and redone now looks great.

Looking very smart Berni - can't wait to see the tiles on the roof. Are you staying in BG this Winter?

Granny house conversion - Page 5 570106603 Granny house conversion - Page 5 570106603 Granny house conversion - Page 5 570106603 Granny house conversion - Page 5 570106603
Back to top Go down
oddball
oddball

PostSubject: Re: Granny house conversion   Granny house conversion - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 29, 2014 10:28 am

T Itchy it coming on now.

28th Aug half the roof done

today they are doing the insulaion outside
Back to top Go down
GinaA
Senior user
Senior user
GinaA

PostSubject: Re: Granny house conversion   Granny house conversion - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 30, 2014 10:11 am

Looking fantastic Berni well done Granny house conversion - Page 5 570106603
Back to top Go down
oddball
oddball

PostSubject: Re: Granny house conversion   Granny house conversion - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 30, 2014 2:28 pm

Thanks Gina g

This is where we are on the 29th Aug - They got a little bit of insulation for the roof Dougie is not happy with that so this weekend he used the polysterne we had left over and packed it tightly betweem the beams before the plaster board goes on, there is enough room for their insulatiion to.

Oh I just noticed Bettsie Pajero has found her way into the garage

Back to top Go down
oddball
oddball

PostSubject: Re: Granny house conversion   Granny house conversion - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 31, 2014 6:38 pm

PHEW!!!!!! I can breath again now :Granny house conversion - Page 5 3897195628: The builder asked for another advance and I said no, not until I find out how much the bill is. It works out at 220lev a day for 4 men about £22 each, they have worked 41 days He said with total 9020lev have paid him 40000lev so now own him 5020 but now I am wordering does that include the rest of the work to be done, or do I still pay him 220 a day better check that tomorow.
Back to top Go down
itchyfeet
Mega user
Mega user
itchyfeet

PostSubject: Re: Granny house conversion   Granny house conversion - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 31, 2014 7:26 pm

oddball wrote:
Thanks Gina g

This is where we are on the 29th Aug - They got a little bit of insulation for the roof Dougie is not happy with that so this weekend he used the polysterne we had left over and packed it tightly betweem the beams before the plaster board goes on, there is enough room for their insulatiion to. Oh I just noticed Bettsie Pajero has found her way into the garage

Are you doing a dabble and daub to fix the plasterboard on the inside?
Back to top Go down
oddball
oddball

PostSubject: Re: Granny house conversion   Granny house conversion - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 01, 2014 5:12 pm

I get stuck in where I can but they don't like it very much. Dougie watches them instead of just picking up the tool and getting on with it. This weekend we got some of the polysteryne for the roof as they did not put any on and they only have 3 rolls of fiber stuff. We cut the poly to fit into the strips so there is enough room for the fiber stuff as well. He is having problems natrually the beams are not straight etc etc . men eh!!!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Granny house conversion   Granny house conversion - Page 5 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Granny house conversion

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 5 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next