Taking a walk...

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
oldun
Super user
Super user

Taking a walk... - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Taking a walk...   Taking a walk... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 02, 2012 12:40 pm

First topic message reminder :

A couple of days ago I took my dog for a walk. A very different walk. I strolled to the top of our little village and decided to follow a track that I had never been down before. It was beautiful. I walked and walked and my dog loved the change. I often prefer the old tracks where the karochkas and horses used to trot down with their bales of hay etc before the modern tarmaced roads took over. However, I had never really walked far down this particular track which, I assume, would end up in the mountains or double back to the main Elena road. I didn't have time or energy to find out if this was true or not. What I did find was a beautiful glade with one of the village streams running though it. It was really magical. I sat with the dog for a few minutes while she puttered in and out of the water. It was really hot and a wonderful relief from the heat under the trees with the tinkling of the stream to lull me. I eventually walked on and noticed that there were electric pylons (although disconnected) so I deduced that there must have once been some houses down the track. A little further on, I saw the remains of a wire fence and behind it a small brick built outhouse. It set me wondering...
Some people obviously lived in this isolated spot years ago. On further inspection I could see huge boulders in places probably the base of a house and also stones poking through the undergrowth which had been an original road. I stood and pondered. In my mind, I was transported back to those old days and thought how wonderful to live so completely isolated with no modern conveniences at all - even no electric. No internet, no phone, just me and my Hero, some animals and plants. I had lived almost like this for a few years in my Greek ruin and never missed even a telephone. Oh to go back in time! People would say, what would you do? Well with no mod cons, the business of just living would be a fulltime job. Handwashing, cooking everything, even bread, and tilling the land. We do more than most nowadays in our lovely Bulgarian home, but I just fantasized about having no humans to upset me or argue with. Just me and my dog and my Hero...
Yes, I know its all a pipe-dream and I do like my lifestyle at present, even spending a few minutes writing this epistle to you all on the forum, but its nice to have a dream isn't it and what a lovely afternoon I had. Even my aches and pains seemed to disappear on the return walk home to tell my Hero who is my soul mate on these matters. s s
Back to top Go down

AuthorMessage
varnagirl
Super user
Super user
varnagirl

PostSubject: Re: Taking a walk...   Taking a walk... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 21, 2012 4:39 pm

scott wrote:
Thank you oldun, the picture here is from Snowdonia, a little place called Beddgelert which is where I love to walk along the river mostly in the winter when there is less tourists around. Taking a walk... - Page 3 3023850720

is the "
dog "
still appearing ....beautiful part of the country that boyo
Back to top Go down
scott
Super user
Super user
scott

PostSubject: Re: Taking a walk...   Taking a walk... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 21, 2012 4:42 pm

I've seen the grave and read the story, never seen the dog though, but I'm sure its perhaps a tourist story rather than something that really happened although it is believable. Taking a walk... - Page 3 3023850720
Back to top Go down
cheekychops
Super user
Super user
cheekychops

PostSubject: Re: Taking a walk...   Taking a walk... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 17, 2013 9:15 am

scott wrote:
I've seen the grave and read the story, never seen the dog though, but I'm sure its perhaps a tourist story rather than something that really happened although it is believable. Taking a walk... - Page 3 3023850720

I've also been there and read the story and I agree it may well be a tourist story but it's so believable so for me I prefer to accept the story as told but then I am a bit of a romantic at heart. Taking a walk... - Page 3 3356871870
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Taking a walk...   Taking a walk... - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Taking a walk...

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3