Taking a walk...

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
oldun
Super user
Super user

Taking a walk... - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Taking a walk...   Taking a walk... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 02, 2012 12:40 pm

First topic message reminder :

A couple of days ago I took my dog for a walk. A very different walk. I strolled to the top of our little village and decided to follow a track that I had never been down before. It was beautiful. I walked and walked and my dog loved the change. I often prefer the old tracks where the karochkas and horses used to trot down with their bales of hay etc before the modern tarmaced roads took over. However, I had never really walked far down this particular track which, I assume, would end up in the mountains or double back to the main Elena road. I didn't have time or energy to find out if this was true or not. What I did find was a beautiful glade with one of the village streams running though it. It was really magical. I sat with the dog for a few minutes while she puttered in and out of the water. It was really hot and a wonderful relief from the heat under the trees with the tinkling of the stream to lull me. I eventually walked on and noticed that there were electric pylons (although disconnected) so I deduced that there must have once been some houses down the track. A little further on, I saw the remains of a wire fence and behind it a small brick built outhouse. It set me wondering...
Some people obviously lived in this isolated spot years ago. On further inspection I could see huge boulders in places probably the base of a house and also stones poking through the undergrowth which had been an original road. I stood and pondered. In my mind, I was transported back to those old days and thought how wonderful to live so completely isolated with no modern conveniences at all - even no electric. No internet, no phone, just me and my Hero, some animals and plants. I had lived almost like this for a few years in my Greek ruin and never missed even a telephone. Oh to go back in time! People would say, what would you do? Well with no mod cons, the business of just living would be a fulltime job. Handwashing, cooking everything, even bread, and tilling the land. We do more than most nowadays in our lovely Bulgarian home, but I just fantasized about having no humans to upset me or argue with. Just me and my dog and my Hero...
Yes, I know its all a pipe-dream and I do like my lifestyle at present, even spending a few minutes writing this epistle to you all on the forum, but its nice to have a dream isn't it and what a lovely afternoon I had. Even my aches and pains seemed to disappear on the return walk home to tell my Hero who is my soul mate on these matters. s s
Back to top Go down

AuthorMessage
oddball
oddball

PostSubject: Re: Taking a walk...   Taking a walk... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 21, 2012 7:16 am

T Oldun for sharing that was a lovely read g
Back to top Go down
Carmen
Super user
Super user
Carmen

PostSubject: Re: Taking a walk...   Taking a walk... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 22, 2012 6:54 am

Looking forward to your next instalment. Taking a walk... - Page 2 3356871870
Back to top Go down
pixi
Super user
Super user

PostSubject: Re: Taking a walk...   Taking a walk... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 22, 2012 8:14 am

Yes Oldun when are we going to get some more excellent pics.?
Back to top Go down
oldun
Super user
Super user

PostSubject: Re: Taking a walk...   Taking a walk... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 22, 2012 4:05 pm

I am so pleased that some of you like my pics and posts. I have been walking in good old Blighty for a couple of weeks along the seafront and thoroughly enjoying seeing everyone jogging or walking dogs along the beach. Actually colder than here in Bulgaria but fine and clear skies while I was there too. It depends where you are in Britain just as in Bulgaria and I am always a 'fine weather fairy!' I would love to have my dog running along the beach too but as you all know by now, she will be accompanying me still here in my lovely village of Mindya. She went crazy when I arrived home yesterday and took her for a walk with my hero around the village.
I am so happy with my caravan too and I will be writing more about 'choices' and what my caravan park offers.....
Back to top Go down
pixi
Super user
Super user

PostSubject: Re: Taking a walk...   Taking a walk... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 23, 2012 8:13 am

Looking forward to hearing you stories and glad you enjoyed your time in Blighty. T
Back to top Go down
Super Fulham
Junior user
Junior user

PostSubject: Re: Taking a walk...   Taking a walk... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 23, 2012 2:09 pm

What a great read and loved the photo's
Back to top Go down
Andy
Super user
Super user
Andy

PostSubject: Re: Taking a walk...   Taking a walk... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 25, 2012 9:50 am

I often go for a walk but never think to come and write about it here so thank you oldun you have given me something to think about in the future. Taking a walk... - Page 2 3356871870
Back to top Go down
oldun
Super user
Super user

PostSubject: Re: Taking a walk...   Taking a walk... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 25, 2012 4:52 pm

A couple of pics to show that Britain does have good weather sometimes - at least where I was this November on the East coast. Taking a walk on the seafront.

Back to top Go down
pixi
Super user
Super user

PostSubject: Re: Taking a walk...   Taking a walk... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 28, 2012 8:15 am

excellent pictures Oldun g
Back to top Go down
oddball
oddball

PostSubject: Re: Taking a walk...   Taking a walk... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 29, 2012 5:37 pm

Fab post oldun Taking a walk... - Page 2 3356871870 T
Back to top Go down
oldun
Super user
Super user

PostSubject: Re: Taking a walk...   Taking a walk... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 30, 2012 9:37 am

:Thank you:You know there is a big push in Britain for 'walking for health' so even if you haven't got a dog to walk its very worthwhile leaving the car behind and having a stroll. Often walkers can go where cars cannot and you might even see a different side to the village where you live. You also have more of a chance to meet neighbours who will greet you with the Bulgarian phrase meaning' you are taking a walk'. They love to pass the time of day or just say 'zdrasti'. At the same time helping yourself healthwise. Remember to take a camera with you to take those unusual shots or just interesting places you have found. Its much nicer walking around a village than pounding the pavements in a town window shopping. Its a beautiful day so off you go.... s
Back to top Go down
pixi
Super user
Super user

PostSubject: Re: Taking a walk...   Taking a walk... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 30, 2012 4:43 pm

totally agree with you oldun g
Back to top Go down
scott
Super user
Super user
scott

PostSubject: Re: Taking a walk...   Taking a walk... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 20, 2012 5:31 pm

I went for a walk the weekend and took my camera with me but only managed to get one pic because the battery died.

I know its not Bg but it was my walk. Taking a walk... - Page 2 3023850720

Back to top Go down
oldun
Super user
Super user

PostSubject: Re: Taking a walk...   Taking a walk... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 21, 2012 12:47 pm

Lovely pic Scott. Thanks for posting. I still like to hear about life in Britain even though I live in Bulgaria. Where was your walk?
Back to top Go down
scott
Super user
Super user
scott

PostSubject: Re: Taking a walk...   Taking a walk... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 21, 2012 3:49 pm

Thank you oldun, the picture here is from Snowdonia, a little place called Beddgelert which is where I love to walk along the river mostly in the winter when there is less tourists around. Taking a walk... - Page 2 3023850720
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Taking a walk...   Taking a walk... - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Taking a walk...

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next