altText

Litchna karta

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
starlite
Mega user
Mega user

Litchna karta Empty
PostSubject: Litchna karta   Litchna karta Icon_minitimeMon Mar 26, 2012 3:54 pm

red tape in bulgaria drives me mad Litchna karta 794030042

my partners litchna karta is now out of date. to renew it he has to produce the ehic card, the ehic card from the uk has expired and will not be renewed by the uk as we are permanent residents of bulgaria.
bulgaria should provide the ehic (s1 and s2), but they are not providing them. so the uk government has said they will provide one, but there is a backlog and may take 6 months. Litchna karta 794030042
according to the legislation, a citizen of bulgaria over the age of 58 years will be provided with a litchna karta with no expiry date. g
but i cannot get one, no matter what i do, who i see, i cannot get round this problem.
anyone know the answer to this one, there must be more than us who have come across this problem. it appears to us that we are not recognised as permanent residents. Litchna karta 927475117
Back to top Go down
tonyb60
Mega user
Mega user

Litchna karta Empty
PostSubject: Re: Litchna karta   Litchna karta Icon_minitimeMon Mar 26, 2012 4:44 pm

Contact Theodora (Teddy) at the British Consulate. She speaks very good English and will probably know the answer as she said at a meeting not so long ago that is her job g
Back to top Go down
varnagirl
Super user
Super user
varnagirl

Litchna karta Empty
PostSubject: Re: Litchna karta   Litchna karta Icon_minitimeMon Mar 26, 2012 5:45 pm

starlite ..if my memory serves me right ..is not your other half now a pensioner....extreme apologise if i have that wrong ....
but if he is ...the uk took over providing the card for people in that position in 2010

the other thing being ...in the varna area we did not have to show the card ..ever , in 10 yrs to get a L/C....so you could always try challaging that ....
Back to top Go down
starlite
Mega user
Mega user

Litchna karta Empty
PostSubject: Re: Litchna karta   Litchna karta Icon_minitimeMon Mar 26, 2012 5:55 pm

your ok [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] he is a pensioner, thats not what the uk told us in december last year, they said bulgaria was supposed to provide the ehic card with bg on it not uk. c
i hope you are right, but we are still with no card and go abroad late tomorrow. the uk has told us to take the pension papers with us in case there is a need for emergency treatment. been told to ring dept of works and pensions for authority. so at least there is cover without the card. g
Back to top Go down
tonyb60
Mega user
Mega user

Litchna karta Empty
PostSubject: Re: Litchna karta   Litchna karta Icon_minitimeMon Mar 26, 2012 6:27 pm

starlite wrote:
your ok [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] he is a pensioner, thats not what the uk told us in december last year, they said bulgaria was supposed to provide the ehic card with bg on it not uk. c
i hope you are right, but we are still with no card and go abroad late tomorrow. the uk has told us to take the pension papers with us in case there is a need for emergency treatment. been told to ring dept of works and pensions for authority. so at least there is cover without the card. g

Contact the British embassy in Sofia.
Back to top Go down
varnagirl
Super user
Super user
varnagirl

Litchna karta Empty
PostSubject: Re: Litchna karta   Litchna karta Icon_minitimeMon Mar 26, 2012 6:47 pm

I have done this 2 yrs ago ..it was easy..... extract below...........for the 2 years previous i held one issued by the Bg NHS

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] ... tions.aspx

New EU regulations from May 1 2010

Due to changes in European Union regulations, from May 1 2010 the United Kingdom may be responsible for the issue of your European Health Insurance Card (EHIC) instead of the member state where you live.

This will apply if you are a national of an EU member state and live in an EU member state, and you either:

receive your state pension or other long-term benefit from the UK and you have registered the form E121 with the health authorities in the member state where you live;
or
you are dependent on a citizen working in the UK and have registered the form E109 issued by the UK

You will need to send your application by post. An application form, along with an explanatory letter, will be posted to you during February 2010. This application form will be different from the EHIC application form available in the UK, and will be modified to prove your entitlement to the new UK-issued EHIC card.
Back to top Go down
starlite
Mega user
Mega user

Litchna karta Empty
PostSubject: Re: Litchna karta   Litchna karta Icon_minitimeMon Mar 26, 2012 6:54 pm

thanks varnagirl, this is useful in my ongoing attempts to sort out the ehic card in order to get my litchna karta, be on the phone to the uk tomorrow. g
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Litchna karta Empty
PostSubject: Re: Litchna karta   Litchna karta Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Litchna karta

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1