Lichna Karta validity post Brexit

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
GeshiSimon
Senior user
Senior user
GeshiSimon

Lichna Karta validity post Brexit Empty
PostSubject: Lichna Karta validity post Brexit   Lichna Karta validity post Brexit Icon_minitimeThu Sep 28, 2017 12:08 pm

I've just renewed my motor insurance, and for an ID document I provided my BG Lichna Karta at which point I noticed that at the top right corner it states;

European Union
Republic of Bulgaria
Certificate for
EU Citizen

When the UK finalises Brexit and I am no long an EU Citizen does this document become invalid?
Back to top Go down
varnagirl
Super user
Super user
varnagirl

PostSubject: Re: Lichna Karta validity post Brexit   Lichna Karta validity post Brexit Icon_minitimeThu Sep 28, 2017 2:03 pm

thats what we all wonder...but as yet no one knows how it will effect our status...we may go back to the old system pre EU which was a pain in the rear and costly...or maybe they will come up with a new one to make more money out of us .....who knows ...time will reveal all
Back to top Go down
GeshiSimon
Senior user
Senior user
GeshiSimon

PostSubject: Re: Lichna Karta validity post Brexit   Lichna Karta validity post Brexit Icon_minitimeThu Sep 28, 2017 2:40 pm

Another point to consider is can the system handle the inevitable flood if it does become invalid?

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] it's enough of a nightmare now, it must have been hell then!

Judging by the efficiency of when I renewed mine, I'll need to make the application in the next couple of weeks if I'm to stand any chance of getting a replacement in time
Back to top Go down
varnagirl
Super user
Super user
varnagirl

PostSubject: Re: Lichna Karta validity post Brexit   Lichna Karta validity post Brexit Icon_minitimeThu Sep 28, 2017 4:28 pm

quote="[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] it's enough of a nightmare now, it must have been hell then!"][/quote]

that is an understatement La ...its easy now in comparison
Back to top Go down
justbazz
Super user
Super user
justbazz

PostSubject: subject   Lichna Karta validity post Brexit Icon_minitimeThu Sep 28, 2017 5:49 pm

There is so much I could say about the process involving non EU people who want to stay here, but I won't bore you with the details just yet. Having said that, I can't see them (the Govt) chucking you out, making you jump through hoops etc, especially if you have been resident here for some time. On the other hand, if you came to the country a couple of times, purchased a property and then went home, the story might be a bit different.

The worst case scenario I can imagine for you guys...you will end up being subject to the same rules and regulations which the rest of the world has to adhere to when coming to live in Bulgaria...I can't see that happening.

I make the above comments as someone who has had to jump through all the hoops, prove my pedigree (even the address and burial place of my Great Grandparents), provide proof of my schooling, and ALL of the jobs I've held since leaving school in 1963! The effort required to provide all these details was daunting and the fees involved would blow your socks off!

There is much more I could mention, but as I said above, I won't bore you...Yet.

Let's hope you don't have to drive down our road.
Back to top Go down
GeshiSimon
Senior user
Senior user
GeshiSimon

PostSubject: Re: Lichna Karta validity post Brexit   Lichna Karta validity post Brexit Icon_minitimeSat Sep 30, 2017 1:46 pm

Hi Bazz, thankfully I already have a BG driving licence so I wont have to go through the things that you did such as proving that I have sufficient intelligence to drive in Bulgaria, although from what I've seen on the roads any level of intelligence is not a prerequisit!
Lichna Karta validity post Brexit 1865348797
Back to top Go down
willowsend
Mega user
Mega user
willowsend

PostSubject: Re: Lichna Karta validity post Brexit   Lichna Karta validity post Brexit Icon_minitimeSat Sep 30, 2017 2:53 pm

Talking of driving
On a recent visit to our villa, I am more than pleased to see that big efforts are being made to improve the roads and it looks as if the whole stretch from Varna (top of the hill after the airport) to Dobrich is being completely re-surfaced and drainage both sides of the road, just like the Dobrich to Silistra road was done a couple of years back
The Dobrich bypass is in the process of being completely relayed and in places they have dug down over a foot deep, this is a road used constantly by heavy transport as it is the road north towards Romania, so it will be good when hiring my hire car that I don't have to return it with square wheels Lichna Karta validity post Brexit 1865348797 Lichna Karta validity post Brexit 2706089290
Back to top Go down
justbazz
Super user
Super user
justbazz

PostSubject: subject   Lichna Karta validity post Brexit Icon_minitimeSat Sep 30, 2017 3:09 pm

Hi Simon

Yeah the drivers licence saga was totally frustrating and quite stupid really.

The stuff I mentioned above was needed to complete my application for my one year visa, back in 2006...then had to be repeated every year for the 5 years following. Luckily I followed advice and photocopied everything before I submitted the original application...I simply copied from the copy when filling out subsequent applications and all I need to run around and get was a letter from the bank manager each time.

These guys are masters at the game of red tape!
Back to top Go down
GeshiSimon
Senior user
Senior user
GeshiSimon

PostSubject: Re: Lichna Karta validity post Brexit   Lichna Karta validity post Brexit Icon_minitimeSat Sep 30, 2017 8:43 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] (may I call you Brian it is far easier to type?) does this mean that they are also refurbishing the section between the Mr B roundabout and the roundabout from the Dobrich to Kavarna/Varna road?
Back to top Go down
willowsend
Mega user
Mega user
willowsend

PostSubject: Re: Lichna Karta validity post Brexit   Lichna Karta validity post Brexit Icon_minitimeSat Sep 30, 2017 10:22 pm

GeshiSimon wrote:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] (may I call you Brian it is far easier to type?) does this mean that they are also refurbishing the section between the Mr B roundabout and the roundabout from the Dobrich to Kavarna/Varna road?

Absolutely, Yes and by golly did it need it and at the moment there is a two way traffic light and when it is red you can sit there for at least 5 minutes
By the way it is Br*an with a Y and you can call me what you like, everybody else does  Lichna Karta validity post Brexit 1931734156 Lichna Karta validity post Brexit 1536469901
Back to top Go down
varnagirl
Super user
Super user
varnagirl

PostSubject: Re: Lichna Karta validity post Brexit   Lichna Karta validity post Brexit Icon_minitimeMon Oct 02, 2017 11:06 am

willowsend wrote:
Talking of driving
On a recent visit to our villa, I am more than pleased to see that big efforts are being made to improve the roads and it looks as if the whole stretch from Varna (top of the hill after the airport) to Dobrich is being completely re-surfaced and drainage both sides of the road, just like the Dobrich to Silistra road was done a couple of years back
The Dobrich bypass is in the process of being completely relayed and in places they have dug down over a foot deep, this is a road used constantly by heavy transport as it is the road north towards Romania, so it will be good when hiring my hire car that I don't have to return it with square wheels Lichna Karta validity post Brexit 1865348797 Lichna Karta validity post Brexit 2706089290

as an up date on this road

The road Varna-Dobrich closes for two days tomorrow
Today, 2 October 2017 09:47
Source: Moreto.net

The main road between Varna and Dobrich will be closed for two days, from 6 o'clock on October 3 to the same hour on October 5. This was announced for Moreto.net by the District Road Administration Varna.

The reason for the road closure is the placement of a rainfall in the area of ​​Stojer village. Due to the repair, the traffic will be diverted from the Aksakov panorama and the exit to Albena to Kichevo and Obrochishte.

However, the limitation will mainly apply to transit traffic and large trucks, the District Road Administration said. The local population traveling to the villages of Novakovo, Lyuben Karavelovo and Izvorsko will be omitted.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Lichna Karta validity post Brexit   Lichna Karta validity post Brexit Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Lichna Karta validity post Brexit

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1