what can go wrong with spaghetti

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
starlite
Mega user
Mega user

what can go wrong with spaghetti Empty
PostSubject: what can go wrong with spaghetti   what can go wrong with spaghetti Icon_minitimeThu Mar 08, 2012 6:45 am

nothing, i hear you say, you pop it in a pan of boiling water and serve when ready. g
I made spaghetti bolognaise the other night, put the spaghetti in to cook, after 6 minutes turned to glue or the consistency of wall paper paste :what can go wrong with spaghetti 3897195628:
the instructions are all in bulgarian, so that did not help.
we looked at all our packets of spaghetti and found a red packet series number 11 and a blue packet series number 5. i never knew there was different spaghetti but it looks like there is a wide range of spaghetti. what can go wrong with spaghetti 3135333095

so which colour code and serial number do you need for spaghetti bolognaise and what are the other types of spaghetti used for. c

anyone in need of a decorator, give me a call. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Scunnered
Scunnered

PostSubject: Re: what can go wrong with spaghetti   what can go wrong with spaghetti Icon_minitimeThu Mar 08, 2012 8:21 am

My spaghetti is "
Stella"
no 7. Seems ok. I'm sure I've tried other makes in
the past without problems. Didn't realise they actually had numbers on
them until you mentioned it! 😉 The packet is red.
Good luck with your wallpapering business! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
starlite
Mega user
Mega user

PostSubject: Re: what can go wrong with spaghetti   what can go wrong with spaghetti Icon_minitimeThu Mar 08, 2012 8:25 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Scunnered
Scunnered

PostSubject: Re: what can go wrong with spaghetti   what can go wrong with spaghetti Icon_minitimeThu Mar 08, 2012 8:32 am

Talking of wallpaper paste, we bought what we thought was a packet of custard.
The instructions - drawn - indicated to add boiling water. The result was a gloopy mess!
White lumpy gunge, we wouldn't even give it to the dogs! Goodness knows what it
really was. what can go wrong with spaghetti 1865348797
Back to top Go down
starlite
Mega user
Mega user

PostSubject: Re: what can go wrong with spaghetti   what can go wrong with spaghetti Icon_minitimeThu Mar 08, 2012 8:33 am

here is another one........number 11 [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] RED

Back to top Go down
oddball
oddball

PostSubject: Re: what can go wrong with spaghetti   what can go wrong with spaghetti Icon_minitimeThu Mar 08, 2012 8:38 am

Morning Guys

Yes, I have had a few disasters with pasta too now I just keep testing it. There is nothing as awful as soft pasta yuch!!!
Back to top Go down
desislava

PostSubject: Re: what can go wrong with spaghetti   what can go wrong with spaghetti Icon_minitimeSat Mar 10, 2012 3:06 pm

I never had such problems with spaghetti before.. you must have been really lucky :)

The number on the pack indicates the size or the thickness... I'm not 100% sure about that because i haven't looked for a while :) but I think the bigger the number the thinner the spaghetti :) you should be able to figure it out if you grab two packs in your hands - the difference is visible
Back to top Go down
francandclaire
Junior user
Junior user

PostSubject: Re: what can go wrong with spaghetti   what can go wrong with spaghetti Icon_minitimeWed Mar 21, 2012 7:32 pm

I dont know if this helps but I always add a little oil to the water
Back to top Go down
starlite
Mega user
Mega user

PostSubject: Re: what can go wrong with spaghetti   what can go wrong with spaghetti Icon_minitimeWed Mar 21, 2012 7:37 pm

worth a try what can go wrong with spaghetti 2316720568
Back to top Go down
Andy
Super user
Super user
Andy

PostSubject: Re: what can go wrong with spaghetti   what can go wrong with spaghetti Icon_minitimeFri Mar 23, 2012 6:28 pm

I always use a drop of olive oil and never had a problem alternatively I sometimes pour a little oil over it while its draining and just gently move it around to get it all coated
Back to top Go down
oldun
Super user
Super user

PostSubject: Re: what can go wrong with spaghetti   what can go wrong with spaghetti Icon_minitimeSat Mar 24, 2012 4:57 pm

Starlite I had the same problem with spaghetti when I first moved here. Then I discovered it was only with the BULGARIAN product. Buy any GREEK spaghetti and you will have no problems (Stella, Misko etc.) The higher the number the finer the spaghetti so its personal preference. We like number 10 or 11 which is very fine. Adding oil to the cooking makes no difference but its supposed to keep the water at boiling point when you add the spaghetti because pasta should always be put into boiling water unlike rice which is the opposite unless someone knows different! You can add a splash of olive oil after draining to stop it sticking together and give some more flavour but its not necessary and just adds calories to my mind. Hope this helps.
Back to top Go down
Lassie

PostSubject: Re: what can go wrong with spaghetti   what can go wrong with spaghetti Icon_minitimeSun Mar 25, 2012 4:31 pm

Does anyone know which number (thickness) to use to make Pastitio? A Greek lady told me years ago but I never made the dish and now I have forgotten. I believe she used a thick spaghetti.
Back to top Go down
oldun
Super user
Super user

PostSubject: Re: what can go wrong with spaghetti   what can go wrong with spaghetti Icon_minitimeSun Mar 25, 2012 5:11 pm

Pastitsio is spaghetti No: 5
Back to top Go down
starlite
Mega user
Mega user

PostSubject: Re: what can go wrong with spaghetti   what can go wrong with spaghetti Icon_minitimeSun Mar 25, 2012 5:32 pm

but is that a blue packet or a red packet. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] theres a lot to spaghetti. c
Back to top Go down
oldun
Super user
Super user

PostSubject: Re: what can go wrong with spaghetti   what can go wrong with spaghetti Icon_minitimeMon Mar 26, 2012 8:34 am

That would be any Greek product spaghetti Starlight. That is the number from the Greek recipe book I used in my beach bar. I hate to slam Bulgaria but I have never managed to cook their pasta products with success. It always ends up a mush which I give to the dog. Sorry Bulgaria. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: what can go wrong with spaghetti   what can go wrong with spaghetti Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

what can go wrong with spaghetti

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next