View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
sallyann
Super user
Super user
sallyann

What's wrong with DIY or Cowboys Empty
PostSubject: What's wrong with DIY or Cowboys   What's wrong with DIY or Cowboys Icon_minitimeFri Feb 26, 2010 11:38 am

I'm a member on another forum and one of the members on there was a member on here and he has made all sorts of claims about his qualifications with in the electrical industry now forgive my ignorance but would someone who is qualified be asking questions like this

Animal the beast Contributions

Asked, City and guilds is a qualification for what 18 Feb 2010 15:07

Answer, it would depend on what qualification you’re talking about?

Asked, If you were an apprentice electrician what qualification would you have 18 Feb 2010 15:05

Answer, an apprentice wouldn't have any qualifications until they had passed the required exams

Asked, The 220 volt supply to your house goes above and below the 10 percent level How do you stabilize it to 50 Hertz Residential Electricity 1 Feb 2010 16:38

Answer, with a voltage stabilizer

Asked, The 220 volt supply to your house goes above and below the 10 percent level How do you stabilize it 1 Feb 2010 16:38

This is concerning me greatly because if he doesn't know what he's talking about then he may well be putting peoples lives at risk? so can someone who knows please help with this question here is the link to the Wiki page [url=http:
//wiki.
answers.
com/Q/Special:
Contributions&target=User:
animalthebeast:1s8dksge]Click here[/url:1s8dksge]

Please note that the answers above may change as others will come along on Wiki and give better answers ?

Last edited by 303 on Fri Feb 26, 2010 1:44 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
krypton
Super user
Super user
krypton

PostSubject: What's wrong with DIY or Cowboys   What's wrong with DIY or Cowboys Icon_minitimeFri Feb 26, 2010 12:10 pm

Sallyann you have every right to be concerned if a time served electrician is asking these questions on the internet then he isn't what he says he is also a teenager could answer the first question and possibly the second one and the last two which are both the same is very basic knowledge I would be very wary of taking advice from someone who is only getting his answers from wiki hope this helps you but other may have their say and maybe Peter can add his view on this by the way your link doesn't work
Back to top Go down
BGTRAVELLER
Super user
Super user
BGTRAVELLER

PostSubject: What's wrong with DIY or Cowboys   What's wrong with DIY or Cowboys Icon_minitimeFri Feb 26, 2010 1:33 pm

Don't sound very good if your looking at getting some work done then find another electrician if I was you I can't get the link to work either
Back to top Go down
sallyann
Super user
Super user
sallyann

PostSubject: What's wrong with DIY or Cowboys   What's wrong with DIY or Cowboys Icon_minitimeFri Feb 26, 2010 1:44 pm

It should work now I got it wrong last time sorry and thank you for your advice
Back to top Go down
tonyb60
Mega user
Mega user

PostSubject: What's wrong with DIY or Cowboys   What's wrong with DIY or Cowboys Icon_minitimeFri Feb 26, 2010 4:38 pm

I made a vow that I would not get involved in the Electrical discussions on the forum, Peter gives quite sound advice

But what I will give is the best advice that can be given. If you are not qualified in the Electrical Installations Industry then do not touch something that is beyond your knowledge. In BG this applies to most any other trade as well. Use qualified craftsmen only. Electric shock can burn and has caused many a death to even those that are supposed to know what they are doing.
Back to top Go down
davshaz
Super user
Super user
davshaz

PostSubject: What's wrong with DIY or Cowboys   What's wrong with DIY or Cowboys Icon_minitimeFri Feb 26, 2010 7:09 pm

sallyann wrote:
I'm a member on another forum and one of the members on there was a member on here and he has made all sorts of claims about his qualifications with in the electrical industry now forgive my ignorance but would someone who is qualified be asking questions like this

Animal the beast Contributions

Asked, City and guilds is a qualification for what 18 Feb 2010 15:07

Answer, it would depend on what qualification you’re talking about?

Asked, If you were an apprentice electrician what qualification would you have 18 Feb 2010 15:05

Answer, an apprentice wouldn't have any qualifications until they had passed the required exams

Asked, The 220 volt supply to your house goes above and below the 10 percent level How do you stabilize it to 50 Hertz Residential Electricity 1 Feb 2010 16:38

Asked, The 220 volt supply to your house goes above and below the 10 percent level How do you stabilize it 1 Feb 2010 16:38

This is concerning me greatly because if he doesn't know what he's talking about then he may well be putting peoples lives at risk? so can someone who knows please help with this question here is the link to the Wiki page [url=http:
//wiki.
answers.
com/Q/Special:
Contributions&target=User:
animalthebeast:1a7y5qb6]Click here[/url:1a7y5qb6]

Nothing new here then

Anyway let’s not let this topic go astray but your right to ask the question of the real professionals
Back to top Go down
Netsniperthefirst
Netsniperthefirst

PostSubject: What's wrong with DIY or Cowboys   What's wrong with DIY or Cowboys Icon_minitimeFri Feb 26, 2010 9:20 pm

I don't think I can add anything to this sallyann it seems that your question has already been answered quite clearly by krypton, but I too would advise you as tonyb60 has don't mess with electricity unless your qualified to do so
Back to top Go down
http://www.marketdraytonforum.com
Banned member2
Anonymous

PostSubject: What's wrong with DIY or Cowboys   What's wrong with DIY or Cowboys Icon_minitimeSat Feb 27, 2010 9:52 am

Yes there are more cowboys in Bulgaria than Texas . Still the man is doing some gas fitting now . That could be fun , let hope he don't get into nuclear fusion .
Back to top Go down
oddball
oddball

PostSubject: What's wrong with DIY or Cowboys   What's wrong with DIY or Cowboys Icon_minitimeSat Feb 27, 2010 11:38 am

I fear this may go let's stick to electrical issues thanks, but we can always open another topic about DIY/cowboys and your thought's

Oddy
Back to top Go down
Admin
Administrator
Administrator
Admin

PostSubject: What's wrong with DIY or Cowboys   What's wrong with DIY or Cowboys Icon_minitimeSat Feb 27, 2010 12:31 pm

Good idea Bernie it's done now
Back to top Go down
http://www.ourbulgariaforum.com
Chris
Chris

PostSubject: What's wrong with DIY or Cowboys   What's wrong with DIY or Cowboys Icon_minitimeSat Feb 27, 2010 12:40 pm

tonyb60 wrote:
If you are not qualified in the Electrical Installations Industry then do not touch something that is beyond your knowledge. In BG this applies to most any other trade as well. Use qualified craftsmen only.

Yet people think they can still build 'professional' web sites with no qualifications or experience.

It gets right on my Boobs to be honest

People presenting their 'shop window' to the World with a site that looks like it has been made by a five year old.

(end rant)
Back to top Go down
http://www.tonicwebworks.com
tonyb60
Mega user
Mega user

PostSubject: What's wrong with DIY or Cowboys   What's wrong with DIY or Cowboys Icon_minitimeSat Feb 27, 2010 12:41 pm

Thanks Oddy something else to chew on or moan or whatever.

Maybe people can give examples of how they have been ripped off maybe even praise for a good job done.

We have had both really. Had a Bulgarian style patio/ paths laid, cost over 3 grand sterling. They used gipsy labour cheap materials. Result water does not run away, puddles everywhere the conrete infill is coming up and flaking

Had a wood boiler installed. Could not be better good craftsmen does exactly what it says on the tin

Over to you lot why when and what please. But please no names its just not fair.
Back to top Go down
Chris
Chris

PostSubject: What's wrong with DIY or Cowboys   What's wrong with DIY or Cowboys Icon_minitimeSat Feb 27, 2010 12:44 pm

Bugger, I just took it again!

But as Tony said, I think this applies to most trades.
Back to top Go down
http://www.tonicwebworks.com
tonyb60
Mega user
Mega user

PostSubject: What's wrong with DIY or Cowboys   What's wrong with DIY or Cowboys Icon_minitimeSat Feb 27, 2010 12:45 pm

Hey am I missing something here.

The bloke I met yesterday did'nt have boobs

Bloody good cook though
Back to top Go down
Admin
Administrator
Administrator
Admin

PostSubject: What's wrong with DIY or Cowboys   What's wrong with DIY or Cowboys Icon_minitimeSat Feb 27, 2010 12:49 pm

Your right I think this topic will apply to all trades including "
In plants "
Back to top Go down
http://www.ourbulgariaforum.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What's wrong with DIY or Cowboys   What's wrong with DIY or Cowboys Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What's wrong with DIY or Cowboys

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next