Urgent donation campaign

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Admin
Administrator
Administrator
Admin

Urgent donation campaign Empty
PostSubject: Urgent donation campaign   Urgent donation campaign Icon_minitimeFri Feb 03, 2012 4:07 pm

[size=55:266my2np]BNT

4 Bulgarian Cities Hold Urgent Warm Clothing Donation Campaigns

Urgent donation campaigns will be held in four Bulgarian cities to help homeless people and hobos weather the freezing winter weather.

People are invited to bring warm clothes, hats, scarves, mittens, shoes, blankets, or anything else they consider useful to the designated spots in Sofia, Veliko Tarnovo, Varna and Plovdiv on Saturday between 12 at noon and 3 p.m.

405 have so far confirmed on Facebook they will respond to the appeal.

According to the organizers of the campaign, 6 people have frozen to death during the cold snap that gripped Bulgaria last week.

Meanwhile, crisis centers do not have sufficient capacity to accommodate all people in need of shelter.

The charity campaign was launched after a reportage on the Bulgarian National Televison (BNT) showing the plight of the homeless amid the freezing temperatures.
Back to top Go down
http://www.ourbulgariaforum.com
oldun
Super user
Super user

PostSubject: Re: Urgent donation campaign   Urgent donation campaign Icon_minitimeFri Feb 03, 2012 4:21 pm

Whereabouts in VT please?
Back to top Go down
Admin
Administrator
Administrator
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Urgent donation campaign   Urgent donation campaign Icon_minitimeFri Feb 03, 2012 4:24 pm

I'm not too sure oldun you may have to contact BNT g
Back to top Go down
Admin
Administrator
Administrator
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Urgent donation campaign   Urgent donation campaign Icon_minitimeFri Feb 03, 2012 4:53 pm

This is the best I can do, sorry I don't understand Bulgarian Urgent donation campaign 794030042 [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] ... zdomnicite
Back to top Go down
willowsend
Mega user
Mega user
willowsend

PostSubject: Re: Urgent donation campaign   Urgent donation campaign Icon_minitimeFri Feb 03, 2012 5:33 pm

Admin wrote:
This is the best I can do, sorry I don't understand Bulgarian Urgent donation campaign 794030042 [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] ... zdomnicite

Hope this help's
Our viewers Painting Peter wrote to us regarding reportage of Catherine Aneva Wednesday, which was devoted to the fate of homeless people in Sofia. After Peter is broadcasting his girlfriend Desi decided to organize their urgent donor event. Here's what they wrote us:

While we all "
zaznem"
warm, every day homeless hobo and literally die of frostbite. Six people were killed last week. Not all places in the crisis center. Urgently gather on Saturday at noon to donate something homeless who keep themselves warm. Invite all who came and donated a little warmth to people in the streets.

Desi call Peter and all who are able to donate something to homeless people not only in Sofia and throughout Bulgaria. To gather in Saturday, February 4th from 12:00 to the National Theatre in Sofia.

Back to top Go down
Daisy
Super user
Super user
Daisy

PostSubject: Re: Urgent donation campaign   Urgent donation campaign Icon_minitimeFri Feb 03, 2012 6:07 pm

No sorry Brian it dosen't tell anyone where to take anything unless they are in Sofia and oldun want's to know about VT :Suuny:
Back to top Go down
oldun
Super user
Super user

PostSubject: Re: Urgent donation campaign   Urgent donation campaign Icon_minitimeSat Feb 04, 2012 9:48 am

Thank you all for trying. However, we have given a duvet, pillow, jumpers, shoes and track suit to a deserving young guy in our village. It would be difficult to get to VT today as well with the snow so that's all we can do. My immediate reaction was to want to help so we have done the best we can. This young man is always so cheerful and he has so little. He has done some odd jobs for us and he was one of the three who gave blood. I must say that the old ladies in our village are still managing to walk to the shop in the bitter cold whereas I am so lucky that my recently recovered Tom, insists I stay home in the warm. What a stoic and happy crowd they are.
Back to top Go down
bigsavak
Super user
Super user
bigsavak

PostSubject: Re: Urgent donation campaign   Urgent donation campaign Icon_minitimeSat Feb 04, 2012 9:54 am

Well done oldun its good to know there are still people around like you Urgent donation campaign 3367882216 It is amazing how these people still get around no matter what the weather is like, in Canada it get very cold and when I say cold I mean it can get below -45 and they still cope Urgent donation campaign 3135333095
Back to top Go down
beautifulangel
Super user
Super user

PostSubject: Re: Urgent donation campaign   Urgent donation campaign Icon_minitimeSat Feb 04, 2012 12:12 pm

well done oldun. its nice to see people thinking of others. We had a shock going to razgrad yesterday with a few of the other villagers who wanted a lift. Two young lads from the village were trying to walk to razgrad in sweatshirts (which were about as thick as my t shirt) to pay their parents electricity bill because eon had threatened to cut them off. We picked them up, gave them some spare jumpers that were in the minibus to warm them up, then bought them coats once we arrived. Its heartbreaking to see what some people have to deal with, but i really admire their cheerful spirit. s
Back to top Go down
http://beautifulangel-movingtobulgaria.blogspot.com/
itchyfeet
Mega user
Mega user
itchyfeet

PostSubject: Re: Urgent donation campaign   Urgent donation campaign Icon_minitimeSat Feb 04, 2012 4:23 pm

Angel Well done to all that have given and helped in some way. Just sorry we are not able to help in anyway at the moment.
It's a great feeling you get and the source to want to do it. We have done a few things here. Just to see a smile and the thanks they give you is worth more than winning the lottery. Urgent donation campaign 570106603
Back to top Go down
GinaA
Senior user
Senior user
GinaA

PostSubject: Re: Urgent donation campaign   Urgent donation campaign Icon_minitimeSat Feb 04, 2012 5:32 pm

Well done oldun this is something I do on a regular basis I always give to those in need in the village Urgent donation campaign 570106603
Back to top Go down
oddball
oddball

PostSubject: Re: Urgent donation campaign   Urgent donation campaign Icon_minitimeSat Feb 04, 2012 10:34 pm

GinaA wrote:
Well done oldun this is something I do on a regular basis I always give to those in need in the village Urgent donation campaign 570106603

Urgent donation campaign 2706089290 Urgent donation campaign 1536469901 Well done Guys!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Urgent donation campaign   Urgent donation campaign Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Urgent donation campaign

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1