Rock/Blues Fest

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
oldun
Super user
Super user

Rock/Blues Fest - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Rock/Blues Fest   Rock/Blues Fest - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 08, 2009 10:13 pm

First topic message reminder :

Last summer there was a Rockfest in Mindya which was a big first for a small Bulgarian village. Some of you on this forum came many miles to support us. It was a big risk but it was a great success and so 2010 will be the second venture which we hope will be even bigger and better. Blues Traffic and Magistry headed by Evgenii Dainov will be joined by the very well-known Blues group Vasko the Patch. It will be more of an all-day event and will be held in August instead of September - date to be arranged.
This is just an initial invitation to everyone and if anyone has any ideas for more table tops, contributions, bands, choirs, dancers etc. I will pass it on to our Mayor. Last year we had around 200 people, Bulgarians and Brits attending so we hope even more this coming year so put August in your diary for some great music and maybe a look around this beautiful area of Veliko Turnovo. Mindya is easy to find just 20kms south east of VT just off the main Elena road. See you there! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down

AuthorMessage
oldun
Super user
Super user

PostSubject: Re: Mindya rockfest on BTV   Rock/Blues Fest - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 25, 2010 4:21 pm

Thanks for your reply Oddie. I am starting to get a bit paranoid that nobody likes me because of lack of replies! Honestly this should be a great Bulgarian event and Evgenii would like to promote Anglo/Bularian relations besides village life. This is not MY event but the Bulgarians, who I am sure, will be out in force. One of the groups is crashing down with us! We are apparently being interviewed by Nova TV on Friday in one of the little bars. I really dread these interviews as I find them really embarrassing, but I do it for our village and I hope that people realise that it is not for self-promotion! I want folks to realise how they can help their own villages to come alive. Not necessarily by throwing money at the Mayor, but by personal involvement. I am on my hobby-horse at the moment because the more I see of expat events advertised, the more I despair. Don't people realise that they are behaving in a way they dislike about immigrants in Britain? By not trying to learn the language, not using the local shops (always the latest supermarket) and generally not getting involved in any kind of village life, the less they will feel accepted. Maybe they are happy living in a house protected by all kinds of security and not integrating one bit into their village, but what message is this attitude sending to the Bulgarians? Sorry to go on about this, but it has been provoked by a lack of response anywhere about this Rockfest by Brits. The Bulgarians are being very supportive and our local bars are stocking up with kebabchkes so I really hope that some of you will come to support Evgenii's efforts. Google 'Mindyarocks' to read what its all about and some video clips from last year on TV news. Although the google translation leaves a lot to be desired, it gives the flavour of the event and shows the effort the Bulgarians have gone to to get it up and running. I hope Brits will support the event and if they don't I will have something to say later. Rock/Blues Fest - Page 3 794030042 Rock/Blues Fest - Page 3 794030042
Back to top Go down
oldun
Super user
Super user

PostSubject: Re: Rock/Blues Fest   Rock/Blues Fest - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 30, 2010 4:51 pm

Our Rockfest happened on Saturday and it was fantastic! Around 1200 people descended on our small village, mostly Bulgarians. The whole village turned out of all age groups. Rockers arrived from as far away as Sofia and Varna. Lots were in bikers gear with their Harley Davidsons looking marvellous. There was police security who had nothing to do but direct traffic and parking. The whole day was taken up with erecting the stage, sound and light plus the 3 beer tents and several grills. Some Buglarian stalls providing Bulgarian jewellery, painted roof tiles and children's gizmos and toffee apples. Even two Avon girlies had a stall. The groups were fantastic and had everyone rocking and rolling until midnight. The folk group opening was well received together with the Mayor's speech of welcome. BUT where were all you Brits? Some had said they looked forward to the event but obviously had something better to do. Never mind. It was really a Bulgarian venture and even our little village shop stayed open until 3.30am. So thanks to those of you who did turn up - I am sure it was worth the visit and to those who didn't, you missed out on a wonderful FREE gig. Next year will be even bigger so make sure you will be there. Rock/Blues Fest - Page 3 3386807041 Rock/Blues Fest - Page 3 3023850720
Next morning it was like it had never happened. Everything dismantled and taken away and no rubbish anywhere! Great. No violence either and folks made a quiet exit from the village even though some rockers partied on until the early hours. We didn't even hear the group staying with us coming home in the early hours. s
Back to top Go down
oddball
oddball

PostSubject: Re: Rock/Blues Fest   Rock/Blues Fest - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 30, 2010 5:22 pm

s s s s s s s s s s s s s s s s s s s s

:Clap:Well done Oldun truly delighted it went off well g Rock/Blues Fest - Page 3 3023850720

[size=200:2pbuokpy]Congratulations You did fantastic!!!

Oddy s
Back to top Go down
oldun
Super user
Super user

PostSubject: Re: Rock/Blues Fest   Rock/Blues Fest - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 04, 2010 9:32 am

Thanks Oddie and sorry no Brit carboots turned up to give you a donation! As closure, Mindya Rockfest is now officially in the top 5 gig circuit for this year's events and next year's MUSTS! We have now got the interest for a car rally too. Mindya is definitely on the map so maybe a few more Brit rockers will turn up although the Bulgarians will give it full support anyway. Evgenii has had loads of emails of support so he is a very happy man after all the worry! You all missed a great event. Age is no barrier as the locals turned up from babies to Babas and everyone had a great day. Rock/Blues Fest - Page 3 3023850720 Rock/Blues Fest - Page 3 570106603
Back to top Go down
oldun
Super user
Super user

PostSubject: Re: Rock/Blues Fest   Rock/Blues Fest - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 04, 2010 9:52 am

Just uploaded a few pics to give a flavour of the gig for those interested. g
Back to top Go down
BGTRAVELLER
Super user
Super user
BGTRAVELLER

PostSubject: Re: Rock/Blues Fest   Rock/Blues Fest - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 04, 2010 10:09 am

I don't see any pictures Rock/Blues Fest - Page 3 3135333095 Rock/Blues Fest - Page 3 739492727
Back to top Go down
nu2bg
Super user
Super user
nu2bg

PostSubject: Re: Rock/Blues Fest   Rock/Blues Fest - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 04, 2010 10:14 am

I can see them BGT its just that oldun hasn't created their own album take a look in the gallery :Great:thank you for sharing them T
Back to top Go down
oddball
oddball

PostSubject: Re: Rock/Blues Fest   Rock/Blues Fest - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 04, 2010 2:10 pm

oldun wrote:
Thanks Oddie and sorry no Brit carboots turned up to give you a donation! As closure, Mindya Rockfest is now officially in the top 5 gig circuit for this year's events and next year's MUSTS! We have now got the interest for a car rally too. Mindya is definitely on the map so maybe a few more Brit rockers will turn up although the Bulgarians will give it full support anyway. Evgenii has had loads of emails of support so he is a very happy man after all the worry! You all missed a great event. Age is no barrier as the locals turned up from babies to Babas and everyone had a great day. Rock/Blues Fest - Page 3 3023850720 Rock/Blues Fest - Page 3 570106603

Rock/Blues Fest - Page 3 1763269238 Rock/Blues Fest - Page 3 1763269238

No worries oldun thanks a million for your kind offer, there is always next year g Really would have loved to have been there and met you guys, although you might even get a chance to come to the Silistra fund raising Garden Party on Sat 25th Sept - who knows might see you there g

Really delighted everything went well ., everybody seem to be enjoying the day from the pictures and that bike is fab H Sorry we missed it. Rock/Blues Fest - Page 3 927475117

Well done oldun!! Rock/Blues Fest - Page 3 1536469901 You did great.

Oddy s
Back to top Go down
oldun
Super user
Super user

PostSubject: Re: Mindya rockfest on BTV   Rock/Blues Fest - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 08, 2010 8:46 am

Still waiting for a response from Brits around VT as to why they decided to miss the biggest event around for yonks (bar the VT bikefest). Is everyone so boring that its only a carboot or table top at an 'expat venue' that will tempt them away from their pools? Are they afraid of anything 'Bulgarian'? I am 70 and thoroughly enjoyed the whole gig as did all the other 'oldies' in our village. What an atmosphere. Thanks to the few Brits who did turn up and I know they enjoyed it even though some didn't stay the course. T
Back to top Go down
varnagirl
Super user
Super user
varnagirl

PostSubject: Re: Mindya rockfest on BTV   Rock/Blues Fest - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 08, 2010 11:57 am

I do hate repeating myself..but sometimes needs must !!!

oldun you seemed to have taken it personely that there were not many brits there.....why .. !! as long as you enjoyed it and it was a success as you say it was ..what else matters....nowt !

perhaps the brits had other things to do that was more important to them !..
Back to top Go down
oldun
Super user
Super user

PostSubject: Re: Mindya rockfest on BTV   Rock/Blues Fest - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 08, 2010 1:55 pm

Yes I do take it personally Varnagirl because I have reason to. I know people might have had other things to do but considering the numbers of Brits in this area, it was significant that so few came, whereas last year, before my opinions on a certain forum, upset people, there were loads of peeps there. Maybe some Brits only come for a nose to see who people are and not because they want an enjoyable day out. Thats why I felt I had to write what I did and I say again - I am entitled to my opinions be they right or wrong. It certainly won't spoil my day.
Back to top Go down
Sarah
Super user
Super user

PostSubject: Re: Mindya rockfest on BTV   Rock/Blues Fest - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 08, 2010 3:12 pm

I agree with you oldun you do have the rights to your opinion after all thats what most forum are there for to share opinions amongst other things however I do know that some other forums no names :Headbang:won't let some members have their say so maybe varnagirl belongs to that small minority of people no offense to varnagirl, but lets be honest we should all be allowed an opinion so long as its done in a respectful way

sarah
Back to top Go down
varnagirl
Super user
Super user
varnagirl

PostSubject: Re: Mindya rockfest on BTV   Rock/Blues Fest - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 08, 2010 7:31 pm

Sarah wrote:
Il, but lets be honest we should all be allowed an opinion so long as its done in a respectful way
sarah

could not agree more with that...and have never said otherwise !
Back to top Go down
Admin
Administrator
Administrator
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Rock/Blues Fest   Rock/Blues Fest - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 09, 2010 10:25 am

You can see some images from Rock fest here [url:26c54qle]http:
//www.
ourbulgariaforum.
com/gallery/album.
php?album_id=4[/url:26c54qle]

Note for oldun if you create your own Album then it will be easier for all to view your pictures in future g
Back to top Go down
http://www.ourbulgariaforum.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Rock/Blues Fest   Rock/Blues Fest - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Rock/Blues Fest

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3