Rock/Blues Fest

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
oldun
Super user
Super user

Rock/Blues Fest - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Rock/Blues Fest   Rock/Blues Fest - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 08, 2009 10:13 pm

First topic message reminder :

Last summer there was a Rockfest in Mindya which was a big first for a small Bulgarian village. Some of you on this forum came many miles to support us. It was a big risk but it was a great success and so 2010 will be the second venture which we hope will be even bigger and better. Blues Traffic and Magistry headed by Evgenii Dainov will be joined by the very well-known Blues group Vasko the Patch. It will be more of an all-day event and will be held in August instead of September - date to be arranged.
This is just an initial invitation to everyone and if anyone has any ideas for more table tops, contributions, bands, choirs, dancers etc. I will pass it on to our Mayor. Last year we had around 200 people, Bulgarians and Brits attending so we hope even more this coming year so put August in your diary for some great music and maybe a look around this beautiful area of Veliko Turnovo. Mindya is easy to find just 20kms south east of VT just off the main Elena road. See you there! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down

AuthorMessage
Admin
Administrator
Administrator
Admin

PostSubject: Mindya Rockfest   Rock/Blues Fest - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 05, 2010 5:31 pm

August 28th the second Rockfest is to be held again in Mindya and more groups will be taking part. This will be big and not just a village affair. Many Bulgarians will be attending because it coincides with the Veliko Turnovo Bikefest which is held that week until the 29th. The order of play will be: Time to be announc...ed later.Opening by Mindya choir singing folk songs with accordian.Followed by a band from Gorna 'Demode'.The...n Evgenii Dainov's 'Blues Traffic'Then SilhouetteThen Magistriand finally the well-known Vasko the Patch.A great line-up and there will be professional stage, sound and lighting.

Everybody are welcome.

free entrance
Back to top Go down
http://www.ourbulgariaforum.com
oldun
Super user
Super user

PostSubject: Re: Rock/Blues Fest   Rock/Blues Fest - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 14, 2010 4:58 pm

Well I am the new spokesperson for this year's Mindya Rockfest 2. It is to be held on Saturday August 28th starting at 5pm. Come to the village for a great day out because its a beautiful area and the river Veselina runs through it so you can swim or camp on the banks. Come early for stage set up, lighting and sound checks. Anyone wanting to set up a carboot or table top (bring your own table!) is welcome as the Mayor has given his permission. There is a good line up of groups headlined by the well-known Vasko the Patch and the event will be opened by the ladies village choir for a little folk culture before the rockers start! Mindya is easy to find as its just off the Elena road south of Veliko Turnovo. About 20mins from VT. See you there. Rock/Blues Fest - Page 2 3023850720
Back to top Go down
Blink
Super user
Super user
Blink

PostSubject: Re: Rock/Blues Fest   Rock/Blues Fest - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 14, 2010 5:49 pm

Thanks for the update Glinda, but I think it would be good if you could introduce yourself properly in the new members introduction forum T
Back to top Go down
oldun
Super user
Super user

PostSubject: Re: Rock/Blues Fest   Rock/Blues Fest - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 15, 2010 6:20 am

Sorry Blink - I am an old member but hadn't posted for a long time under my other username. Got into a tizz trying to log in so changed and started again. Glinda is the name of the good witch of the north! Anyone guess who I am? - its not difficult! Rock/Blues Fest - Page 2 1536469901 Rock/Blues Fest - Page 2 3367882216 Rock/Blues Fest - Page 2 3998065313 Angel
Thank you Admin for beating me to advertising the Rockfest. T
Back to top Go down
Admin
Administrator
Administrator
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Rock/Blues Fest   Rock/Blues Fest - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 15, 2010 9:01 am

Hi Glinda could you Pm me with your old user name and I'll have a look at what the problem is?

Cheers g
Back to top Go down
oddball
oddball

PostSubject: Re: Rock/Blues Fest   Rock/Blues Fest - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 15, 2010 6:41 pm

s s

Welcome back g loups am I RIGHT????

Oddy s
Back to top Go down
Admin
Administrator
Administrator
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Rock/Blues Fest   Rock/Blues Fest - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 15, 2010 8:05 pm

Its oldun g
Back to top Go down
oddball
oddball

PostSubject: Re: Rock/Blues Fest   Rock/Blues Fest - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 15, 2010 9:27 pm

s s s s

Fab!!! Welcome back we missed you lots and lots in fact we were only saying other day where has Oldun gone Rock/Blues Fest - Page 2 1865348797 Now you certainly don't look like a Glenda - whats going on there c , you should have picked nudlo g Anyway good to see you back again Rock/Blues Fest - Page 2 2706089290

Oddy s
Back to top Go down
oldun
Super user
Super user

PostSubject: Re: Rock/Blues Fest   Rock/Blues Fest - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 16, 2010 9:06 am

Thanks for the big welcome Oddy. I will try and get my old username back as MOD has told me what to do. Just couldn't wait to write this. If you 'google search 'Mindyarocks' there is all the info you need about this event from the bands to a couple of video clips from BulgarianTV News last year. Guess one person who is on them???
Evgenii has done a great job on the website, which is in Bulgarian, but will translate using Google translate or a button on the right of the website. It is great advertising and shows the musicians and staging as it was last year plus some interviews with the locals. Come and see for yourselves at this year's event and bring a tabletop or carboot and join in! Rock/Blues Fest - Page 2 3023850720 Rock/Blues Fest - Page 2 3367882216 g T
Back to top Go down
Sarah
Super user
Super user

PostSubject: Re: Rock/Blues Fest   Rock/Blues Fest - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 16, 2010 6:10 pm

Anyone know how to find the website
Back to top Go down
oldun
Super user
Super user

PostSubject: Mindya rockfest on BTV   Rock/Blues Fest - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 18, 2010 5:54 pm

Yesterday morning and evening BTV Bulgarian national news channel gave a big promotion for our village Rockfest. It was worth getting up at 7am for a rehearsel to put our village on the map. Villagers loved it especially the bits of cows and goats going through the village and my hero mentioning in broken Bulgarian that there was 'a crisis because there is no fruit this year for Rakia!' Even the presenters smiled at the item so I think the Bulgarians will be supporting us even it the Brits around seem a little lowkey on the forum! Come early to see the setting up of the stage and lighting and sound check. That will be going on all day I should think. Rock/Blues Fest - Page 2 1865348797
Back to top Go down
oddball
oddball

PostSubject: Re: Mindya rockfest on BTV   Rock/Blues Fest - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 18, 2010 10:19 pm

Rock/Blues Fest - Page 2 1763269238

Fantastic oldun!!!! Can life get any better g Rock/Blues Fest - Page 2 3356871870

Oddy s
Back to top Go down
oldun
Super user
Super user

PostSubject: Re: Rock/Blues Fest   Rock/Blues Fest - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 22, 2010 1:43 pm

Thanks for uploading our poster Sarah. T I have just found your post. If you google 'Mindyarocks' it will come up several times! Google translates into funny English! Tells you loads of info plus video clips of last year's news coverage and a couple of music clips on Youtube of groups who will be playing. Silhouette will be crashing down at our place which should be interesting especially for 'my hero' judging by the looks of the girl who heads the group in the video! You will also find the Rockfest under 'Mindya village Bulgaria' and on Facebook (if you're logged on) and Twitter apparently. We were filmed by BTV news last week too so we should get a good crowd. Not because of us you understand (! we are just a novelty) but because of all the publicity. Even our vet recognised our spotty Dalmation dog when I went in the other day. Oh its such a drag being a celebrity ....... Rock/Blues Fest - Page 2 1865348797 Rock/Blues Fest - Page 2 2204270746 Rock/Blues Fest - Page 2 3023850720 :Dance: :Party drums: :Band: :Wav: :Fireworks:
Back to top Go down
oldun
Super user
Super user

PostSubject: Re: Rock/Blues Fest   Rock/Blues Fest - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 22, 2010 4:29 pm

Its me again! Just tried another search engine to check out our Mindya Rockfest. Its in Ask Jeeves under Mindyarocks as in Google and everywhere else. If you scroll down there are pics of our village plus the folk museum in the Community building (Chiliste) and our choir Veselina which will open the event with some traditional Bulgarian Folk music before the rockers start. I really hope that a lot of Brits support this Anglo-Bulgarian event. I noticed one Bulgarian is even coming on our local bus which leaves opposite the CBA bazaar at just after 3.30pm! Mindya is a pretty village with a river for fishing and swimming and mountain views for walks so its worth a day out ending with the Rockfest.
The translation of the website is hilarious and even Gorna Oryhavitsa becomes Upper Oryhavitsa but I think you can understand it! See you there. Rock/Blues Fest - Page 2 3367882216
Back to top Go down
oldun
Super user
Super user

PostSubject: Re: Rock/Blues Fest   Rock/Blues Fest - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 22, 2010 4:32 pm

Ooh nearly forgot. Did I mention that carboots or tabletops are welcome as our Mayor has given permission. Again free although a donation to the Community would be nice. Maybe even to Oddy's Silistra Orphanage. Come early to set up please or let me know on this forum or PM. Thanks. It would be great to see you. Rock/Blues Fest - Page 2 2581928987
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Rock/Blues Fest   Rock/Blues Fest - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Rock/Blues Fest

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next