Tax on high power cars?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
will666
Senior user
Senior user
will666

Tax on high power cars? Empty
PostSubject: Tax on high power cars?   Tax on high power cars? Icon_minitimeSat Oct 29, 2011 9:52 am

Ive been reading a lot about taking the car over and registering it in Bulgaria, the car is listed as manufactured at 150kw/200bhp its a 1996 vauxhall calibra turbo registered now in the UK, i need to register it in Bulgaria as i will be there most of the time and my insurance here has just gone up to £9800 due to living in an insurance blacklisted area! ( its even £4000 for a n reg vectra! so im off over there soon)

people have said about a massive eco tax on registering it ( like 12000lev )
I have also seen they have stopped charging this at the end of 2010?

Is the `massive` tax still in force? some people say yes some say no?

What sort of rough costs should i be looking at to register it, i was thinking of putting it in the company name?
Back to top Go down
http://www.my-bulgarian-house-renovation.com
tonyb60
Mega user
Mega user

PostSubject: Re: Tax on high power cars?   Tax on high power cars? Icon_minitimeSat Oct 29, 2011 10:14 am

I know someone that brought over a TT and got charged some ridiculous tax on it. They appealed and they are supposed to have got or are getting the majority of the money back. Of course this is from a third party so I hold no responsibility for the accuracy. But hope this helps, if I can find out any more I will but good luck anyway.
Back to top Go down
oddball
oddball

PostSubject: Re: Tax on high power cars?   Tax on high power cars? Icon_minitimeSat Oct 29, 2011 12:10 pm

g

i suppose it depends on the area you are registered in: Think ours jeep was under £100 on import tax and the same per year on Municipality tax per year. I remember reading one of the members said they pay something like 680lev a year for this Municipality Tax on high power cars? 3135333095

s
Back to top Go down
tonyb60
Mega user
Mega user

PostSubject: Re: Tax on high power cars?   Tax on high power cars? Icon_minitimeSat Oct 29, 2011 12:37 pm

Be careful that there is no confusion over the Municipality tax on a car that is yearly and what I think is being muted here which is an import tax g

Municipality tax will vary on the age, size engine cc etc. Would you believe that a Ford Ranger is classed as a Commercial Vehicle and cost peanuts Tax on high power cars? 3135333095
Back to top Go down
will666
Senior user
Senior user
will666

PostSubject: Re: Tax on high power cars?   Tax on high power cars? Icon_minitimeSat Oct 29, 2011 1:46 pm

I understand that the municipality tax will be higher due to the engine size ,

its the import tax and eco tax that worries me ( it sounds like it should at the figures ive seen ) , the import tax ive seen it doesnt need to be paid if you have driven for 6000km and had the car 6 months in another country , but the eco tax says its for all non eu cars or eu/eec vehicals over 10 years old

I got the folowing info from this page [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] ... gister.asp

Eco-tax
An environmental tax called eco-tax (Еко такса) must be paid for all cars imported from outside the EU. The amount paid depends on the age of the vehicle;
it applies to all vehicles. This tax must also be paid for all cars over ten years old imported from an EU/EEA country
Back to top Go down
Alfie
Junior user
Junior user

PostSubject: Re: Tax on high power cars?   Tax on high power cars? Icon_minitimeSat Oct 29, 2011 2:51 pm

There is no import tax on an EU registered vehicle. Any tax levied by Customs would have been levied at the entry point to the EU.
KAT do not levy ECO tax based on engine power.
The annual tax payable to the Municipality has an element within it which is dependant on engine power and age amongst other things, i.e. ECO tax. The amount varies upwards as engine power increases.
Be wary of registering your vehicle in your company name, this can attract higher taxes by both KAT and the Municipality. There appear to be no benefits to registering your vehicle in your company name.
If the KAT in your area is anything like Varna, there will be a plethora of motor insurance brokers around the site. Some of these brokers offer to register your car for you should you use their services. They employ personnel whose task it is to take vehicles through the registration process. Their services are free but you pay all fees due to KAT.
As an example, we recently used a broker to register our P reg, 115Kw vehicle. Total cost including 1 years 3rd party insurance was 420 lev.
Back to top Go down
will666
Senior user
Senior user
will666

PostSubject: Re: Tax on high power cars?   Tax on high power cars? Icon_minitimeSat Oct 29, 2011 2:58 pm

Im told the reason i need to register in the company name is i have no perminant residence card
Back to top Go down
Alfie
Junior user
Junior user

PostSubject: Re: Tax on high power cars?   Tax on high power cars? Icon_minitimeSat Oct 29, 2011 3:38 pm

will666 wrote:
Im told the reason i need to register in the company name is i have no perminant residence card
It's easy enough to get one but if you don't have time then the only choice you have is to use the company.
Back to top Go down
Pavingslabsbg
Junior user
Junior user

PostSubject: Re: Tax on high power cars?   Tax on high power cars? Icon_minitimeSun Oct 30, 2011 8:06 am

Hi,hope this helps you.We bought over a Subaru WRX (pretty powerful 280 BHP although KAT listed it as 85 KW! g) We paid no import tax as you shouldn't. The municipality tax was 102 levs a year and the insurance was 182 levs.We have heard rumours that from the end of this year,the insurance system will change.
Sold the Scooby last week for a real performance machine....A Lada! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Tax on high power cars? 1865348797
Good luck with getting your car over.
Back to top Go down
http://pavingslabsbg.com/
tonyb60
Mega user
Mega user

PostSubject: Re: Tax on high power cars?   Tax on high power cars? Icon_minitimeSun Oct 30, 2011 8:12 am

More info on Insurance changes if you can please T
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Tax on high power cars?   Tax on high power cars? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Tax on high power cars?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1