Wheels stolen off Mitsubishi

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Esta
Senior user
Senior user

Wheels stolen off Mitsubishi Empty
PostSubject: Wheels stolen off Mitsubishi   Wheels stolen off Mitsubishi Icon_minitimeTue Sep 13, 2011 7:23 am

Woke up this morning to find someone has stolen the wheels (and off-road tyres) off our Mitsubishi. It was parked outside our property on the road, has been for a couple of years now, as it needs some mechanical work doing. The mayor is getting the police involved - a couple of villagers saw a car driving round in the early hours this morning. There is a guy in our village who "
has his ear to the ground"
and he is sure with a few questions he will find out who took them.

So today's job is to install another security camera trained on the road to our property. The house &
garage alarm system, that we have looked in to a while ago, just not got round to ordering, will also be ordered today!!! It is quite sad as there were no burglaries in this village for over 10 years - so far there have been two, albeit small ones, this year.

So if anyone in the Yambol / Burgas areas gets offered any Mitsubishi wheels cheap, with quite new off road tyres, ...beware they may be ours.

Wheels stolen off Mitsubishi 927475117
Back to top Go down
http://www.djebulgarianhomes.co.uk
Netsniperthefirst
Netsniperthefirst

PostSubject: Re: Wheels stolen off Mitsubishi   Wheels stolen off Mitsubishi Icon_minitimeTue Sep 13, 2011 8:35 am

Very sorry to hear this Esta I'm afraid it maybe a sign of the times? and would guess they may have stolen them for the metal value? I know some years ago when I lived near Yambol there was something similar happened when a friends house was broken into but all they stole was some bits of metal from the garden Wheels stolen off Mitsubishi 3135333095 when they could have taken TV etc. I do hope they catch the culprit and he gets punished for this, in the above matter the police managed to get hold of the thief within a few hours of asking questions around the village and he was taken to court Wheels stolen off Mitsubishi 570106603 so fingers crossed you will have some luck and the same may happen here Wheels stolen off Mitsubishi 1430720830
Back to top Go down
http://www.marketdraytonforum.com
Esta
Senior user
Senior user

PostSubject: Re: Wheels stolen off Mitsubishi   Wheels stolen off Mitsubishi Icon_minitimeTue Sep 13, 2011 8:42 am

I always look on the bright side....At lest the whole jeep cannot now be taken!! I do think that nothing else was taken as we have recently installed video cameras- unfortunately they did not cover this area - just the 2 entrances and garage of our property!!!
Back to top Go down
http://www.djebulgarianhomes.co.uk
sallyann
Super user
Super user
sallyann

PostSubject: Re: Wheels stolen off Mitsubishi   Wheels stolen off Mitsubishi Icon_minitimeTue Sep 13, 2011 8:44 am

Very sad but I think nets is right this sort of thing does happen from time to time and its probably the metal value they are interested in the problem is it will probably get a lot worse as time goes on as needs must ? I'm not condoning this but you see where I'm coming from .
Back to top Go down
therowfamily
Super user
Super user
therowfamily

PostSubject: Re: Wheels stolen off Mitsubishi   Wheels stolen off Mitsubishi Icon_minitimeTue Sep 13, 2011 8:50 am

Needs or not they need to realise that you can not just help yourself to the property of others, I think the mentality behind this is that they think us Brits are loaded and have more money than sense which is why they target us. I hope you get it sorted and I'm sure with your new security things will change but lets hope they catch the bar-steward.
Back to top Go down
Chris
Chris

PostSubject: Re: Wheels stolen off Mitsubishi   Wheels stolen off Mitsubishi Icon_minitimeTue Sep 13, 2011 9:01 am

Sorry to hear about that Esta ... I think theft of any type sucks. I hope they catch the culprits (although I imagine your wheels will be long gone) Wheels stolen off Mitsubishi 794030042
Back to top Go down
http://www.tonicwebworks.com
therowfamily
Super user
Super user
therowfamily

PostSubject: Re: Wheels stolen off Mitsubishi   Wheels stolen off Mitsubishi Icon_minitimeTue Sep 13, 2011 9:07 am

Crime is of a different sort in the countryside to that in towns and cities. I lived in Camberwell, London for eight years before moving here, and there gun crime is rife and people would regularly get shot in the neighbourhood, mostly gang-related incidents. In addition to this several of my acquaintances and friends had been mugged in the vicinity of my home. I am not about to compare our village in Bulgaria to Camberwell – it is a different sort of life and a different sort of crime that goes on here. I felt safe in Camberwell because I was familiar with the environment and knew how to avoid sticky situations (no walking down dark alleys at night for me!). When we first moved to Bulgaria I was quite apprehensive the first time my husband was away for a night. Everyone knows that we are English and so this makes us, in my mind a natural target for burglary – that and the fact that we have an easily scalable fence around our property! It is not only this – it is also the fact that there is no police in the village and that we don't know that many people yet so you can imagine how we felt. I wish you good luck and hope that you get some justice.
Back to top Go down
Brian1
Senior user
Senior user
Brian1

PostSubject: Re: Wheels stolen off Mitsubishi   Wheels stolen off Mitsubishi Icon_minitimeTue Sep 13, 2011 9:32 am

This is bad news, but it maybe easier to find the robber than you think? assuming they wanted the wheels for their own car maybe you should look around for a car of the same make and even model because not all wheels will fit all cars and if its a 4x4 then they definitely won't fit all models.
Back to top Go down
Blink
Super user
Super user
Blink

PostSubject: Re: Wheels stolen off Mitsubishi   Wheels stolen off Mitsubishi Icon_minitimeTue Sep 13, 2011 9:35 am

We have been advised by some people to get a gun, not so that we can pop a cap in any intruders' asses, but because it acts as a deterrent – you know how village life is, word spreads like wildfire as soon as anything happens! And opportunists are likely to avoid burgling a house that is known to have a gun in it (or maybe they would simply bring a bigger gun... and therein lies the problem with guns!). People have dogs here for similar reasons;
if you have a dog that barks when it hears a noise nearby at night (which ours certainly do) it is a great comforter. Guns are legal here, although licensed, and it is not difficult to obtain one – a large proportion of the decisions to turn down licence applications are later overturned in court. Often we hear people firing them off during their evening revelries!! Even if you do not want a gun in your house, if you are worried about security you could think about getting a replica that fires only blanks, as a warning shot is probably enough of a deterrent in the unlikely event that someone is trespassing on your property. The only problem with this is that if you fire a warning shot and it turns out that they have a real gun and are willing to use it, you may be in a worse situation... this is all highly unlikely, but it is a useful thought experiment to carry out. There are also (for use on animals only by law) blank rounds filled with pepper spray – anyone who has encountered this will be aware of how incapacitating it can be.
Back to top Go down
cheekychops
Super user
Super user
cheekychops

PostSubject: Re: Wheels stolen off Mitsubishi   Wheels stolen off Mitsubishi Icon_minitimeTue Sep 13, 2011 1:29 pm

Hope they catch whoever it was and I know it goes on all over Bg but it doesn't make it any easier.
Back to top Go down
tonyb60
Mega user
Mega user

PostSubject: Re: Wheels stolen off Mitsubishi   Wheels stolen off Mitsubishi Icon_minitimeTue Sep 13, 2011 3:56 pm

cheekychops wrote:
Hope they catch whoever it was and I know it goes on all over Bg but it doesn't make it any easier.

This can happen anywhere especially when a vehicle is left outside your property, so lets not be alarmist about this in anyway. Car theft and car parts theft is common anywhere in the world so the problem that esta has endured is quite normal, though it is upsetting. If you have fully comp insurance then claim. I don't like the talk of guns as violence only breeds violence hence two wrongs don't make a right. I left my car out one night and was promptly told off by my friend. He said that I was inviting problems, indeed I was as I took no notice and within a few days someone tampered with the door locks and ruined the central locking. As far as I am aware the culprit was dealt with. All I know is that it was a gipsy and that person no longer comes anywhere near our part of the village.
Back to top Go down
Netsniperthefirst
Netsniperthefirst

PostSubject: Re: Wheels stolen off Mitsubishi   Wheels stolen off Mitsubishi Icon_minitimeTue Sep 13, 2011 5:30 pm

If its a Pajero or a Shogun and it had standard wheels then the size would have been 255/70/R15 so maybe look around and see what fits the bill, these wheels won't fit anything else as far as I know?
Back to top Go down
http://www.marketdraytonforum.com
The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message
oddball
oddball

PostSubject: Re: Wheels stolen off Mitsubishi   Wheels stolen off Mitsubishi Icon_minitimeTue Sep 13, 2011 10:55 pm

Good luck Esta fingers crossed you will get them back. g
Back to top Go down
itchyfeet
Mega user
Mega user
itchyfeet

PostSubject: Re: Wheels stolen off Mitsubishi   Wheels stolen off Mitsubishi Icon_minitimeWed Sep 14, 2011 7:59 am

Sorry to hear this Esta. Hope it all will get sorted one way or another.
I'm so glad we have our dogs, Eric is sure they have saved us on a couple of occasions.
Wheels stolen off Mitsubishi 3135333095
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Wheels stolen off Mitsubishi   Wheels stolen off Mitsubishi Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Wheels stolen off Mitsubishi

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next