What can you Remember from the Past

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
tonyb60
Mega user
Mega user

What can you Remember from the Past - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: What can you Remember from the Past   What can you Remember from the Past - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 12, 2011 11:22 am

First topic message reminder :

Something light hearted :What can you Remember from the Past - Page 3 3897195628: What can you Remember from the Past - Page 3 2345823347 What can you Remember from the Past - Page 3 3998065313 . In one of my day dreaming moments I suddenly thought of my days at the GPO and some of the things that were around in those days like:-

Izal Toilet Rolls
Green soap with bits in.
Carbolic soap
Swarfega

Can you add to the list?
Back to top Go down

AuthorMessage
Admin
Administrator
Administrator
Admin

PostSubject: Re: What can you Remember from the Past   What can you Remember from the Past - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 19, 2011 10:08 am

How many of you can remember these

If I recall correctly this was in a place called the Brew house? and its where all the washing was done buy all the people who lived in about a dozen houses so it was a case of first in

Back to top Go down
http://www.ourbulgariaforum.com
varnagirl
Super user
Super user
varnagirl

PostSubject: Re: What can you Remember from the Past   What can you Remember from the Past - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 19, 2011 10:17 am

remember them..!!....i we used to use them ,in one of the outhouses on the farm ...next to the dairy where we used the wooden paddled butter churn ....happy days s
Back to top Go down
tonyb60
Mega user
Mega user

PostSubject: Re: What can you Remember from the Past   What can you Remember from the Past - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 19, 2011 10:21 am

Oh I am so glad I started this topic. So much fun and memories keep them coming g
Back to top Go down
Admin
Administrator
Administrator
Admin

PostSubject: Re: What can you Remember from the Past   What can you Remember from the Past - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 19, 2011 10:33 am

This is how I remember our Kitchen as a very small child I remember my day often using the mincer you see on the table but I think the cooker we had was black?

Back to top Go down
http://www.ourbulgariaforum.com
itchyfeet
Mega user
Mega user
itchyfeet

PostSubject: Re: What can you Remember from the Past   What can you Remember from the Past - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 19, 2011 10:41 am

My Nan had a big metal mangle with wooden rollers, a bed sheet would come out the other side looking like hardboard, no water in sight!! Eat your heart out Hoover and Electrolux these things worked and didn't use any electric. Only trouble was you needed a spare empty room to use them, they were rather big!!

g s g s
Back to top Go down
tonyb60
Mega user
Mega user

PostSubject: Re: What can you Remember from the Past   What can you Remember from the Past - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 19, 2011 11:03 am

What about the Flat Iron and the Mangle on the draining Board. The copper for hot water to boil whites in. The bit of lino around the carpet square which was polished with lavender Polish. The horse and cart milk delivery. Oh joy. Gas lamps on Railway station platforms, is there more I ask What can you Remember from the Past - Page 3 739492727
Back to top Go down
willowsend
Mega user
Mega user
willowsend

PostSubject: Re: What can you Remember from the Past   What can you Remember from the Past - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 19, 2011 11:20 am

His Masters voice wind up gramophone with stylus like a 1 inch nail, Who remembers the Inkspots and Autumn leaves
Back to top Go down
sallyann
Super user
Super user
sallyann

PostSubject: Re: What can you Remember from the Past   What can you Remember from the Past - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 19, 2011 7:57 pm

I just about remember Liquorish pipes
Back to top Go down
dave2h

PostSubject: Re: What can you Remember from the Past   What can you Remember from the Past - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 19, 2011 9:20 pm

What can you Remember from the Past - Page 3 739492727
THE LAUGHING POLICEMAN

who can finish this jingle............Trebor mints are a minty bit..............??????????

robertsons gollywog

Park Drive 5s

sex education bike shed style
Back to top Go down
dave2h

PostSubject: Re: What can you Remember from the Past   What can you Remember from the Past - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 19, 2011 10:25 pm

when omo was just a soap powder

old grey whistle test
coal delivered by ncb trucks

TELSTAR by the tornado's

coal fired ovens now we have a wood burner

milk from the farmer.......in a jug...(now it comes in a plastic pop bottle from next door)

telephones with a + b buttons and had to put pennies in

plastic sandles

will post more later
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What can you Remember from the Past   What can you Remember from the Past - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What can you Remember from the Past

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3