altText
altText

tingle from dishwasher

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
robert bridges

tingle from dishwasher - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: tingle from dishwasher   tingle from dishwasher - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 03, 2011 9:23 pm

First topic message reminder :

Hi,
I was wondering what the cause and how to fix the problem of the tingle feeling you get from inside the dish washer and washing machine.The house has all new wiring.I am in the dobrich area.

Regards Robert
ps first post and new to the site nice to meet you all... tingle from dishwasher - Page 2 3386807041
Back to top Go down

AuthorMessage
Netsniperthefirst
Netsniperthefirst

PostSubject: Re: tingle from dishwasher   tingle from dishwasher - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 04, 2011 12:12 pm

Good avice there from Tony g sounds like an earth leak to me, but this will depend on the way the building is wired?
Back to top Go down
http://www.marketdraytonforum.com
tonyb60
Mega user
Mega user

PostSubject: Re: tingle from dishwasher   tingle from dishwasher - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 04, 2011 6:39 pm

Hi Robert,

Could you introduce yourself properly in New Member Introductions please. tingle from dishwasher - Page 2 1536469901

Tony
Back to top Go down
bapps
Junior user
Junior user

PostSubject: Re: tingle from dishwasher   tingle from dishwasher - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 06, 2011 2:19 pm

The problem with your appliance tingling is with most of the electrics in these houses is they use the neutral and loop to the earth,there are a few things it could be and sound like the plug needs to be turned upside down, when we put sockets into peoples house we put a spot to where the live side is so to put the plug the right way round,its not the same as the UK where it only goes in one way these plugs go both.
Back to top Go down
Netsniperthefirst
Netsniperthefirst

PostSubject: Re: tingle from dishwasher   tingle from dishwasher - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 06, 2011 2:35 pm

Hi Bapps I think your right for the older plugs but this isn't the same for the newer ones but again I would advise anyone with any electrical issue to get it looked at by a competent qualified electrician.
Back to top Go down
tonyb60
Mega user
Mega user

PostSubject: Re: tingle from dishwasher   tingle from dishwasher - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 06, 2011 2:39 pm

The problem must be checked by a qualified person or authorised dealer.

NO DIY ON THIS.

Get it checked out.

Tony
Back to top Go down
cheekychops
Super user
Super user
cheekychops

PostSubject: Re: tingle from dishwasher   tingle from dishwasher - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 06, 2011 5:59 pm

Good advice from all here but I'm not sure why the op has asked he was asked a few questions and never replied :Swoon:
Back to top Go down
robert bridges

PostSubject: Re: tingle from dishwasher   tingle from dishwasher - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 06, 2011 6:12 pm

Hi ,
I haven't answered because i can't check because i am in the uk.I did thank people for their advise when i posted in the new members section.And will answer when i can check what people are asking me. tingle from dishwasher - Page 2 794030042
Back to top Go down
cheekychops
Super user
Super user
cheekychops

PostSubject: Re: tingle from dishwasher   tingle from dishwasher - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 06, 2011 6:21 pm

Sorry Robert I didn't realise but now Peter will know and won't be waiting for your reply tingle from dishwasher - Page 2 1536469901
Back to top Go down
Alfie
Junior user
Junior user

PostSubject: Re: tingle from dishwasher   tingle from dishwasher - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 06, 2011 8:38 pm

robert bridges wrote:
Hi,
I was wondering what the cause and how to fix the problem of the tingle feeling you get from inside the dish washer and washing machine.The house has all new wiring.I am in the dobrich area.

Regards Robert
ps first post and new to the site nice to meet you all... tingle from dishwasher - Page 2 3386807041

You have a bad earth connection on that circuit or on the household electrics as a whole. It's dangerous and potentially lethal! I'm guessing the dishwasher and washing machine use different power sockets? If so, the problem is probably household wide.
You need a good electrician to solve the problem.
Back to top Go down
robert bridges

PostSubject: Re: tingle from dishwasher   tingle from dishwasher - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 07, 2011 9:53 am

Hi Alfie,
You have made a good point.The dish washer and washing macine are on the same double socket.When back in bg i will try pluging them into another socket to see if it makes any difference.I went round with a electric screw.But thanks all driver with a tester built in it lit up when i touched inside the metal drum.But i went round touching other electrical appliances and nothing like the outside of the microwave but nothing.Thanks to all who replyed you have all been helpful.

KindRegards Robert g
Back to top Go down
Alfie
Junior user
Junior user

PostSubject: Re: tingle from dishwasher   tingle from dishwasher - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 07, 2011 10:08 am

robert bridges wrote:
Hi Alfie,
You have made a good point.The dish washer and washing macine are on the same double socket.When back in bg i will try pluging them into another socket to see if it makes any difference.I went round with a electric screw.But thanks all driver with a tester built in it lit up when i touched inside the metal drum.But i went round touching other electrical appliances and nothing like the outside of the microwave but nothing.Thanks to all who replyed you have all been helpful.

KindRegards Robert g

Yr tingle from dishwasher - Page 2 1660588075

We had a similar situation with a socket. It turned out that the non-live screw terminal was loose and over time (before we bought the house) the terminal had heated up. So much so that the cable required pairing back and a new socket installed. Problem cured.
A double socket probably has a single feed wire. Washing machines and dishwashers draw lots of current from the supply. If there is a loose terminal it will heat up. You would be better advised to use one socket (double or single) for the dishwasher and another socket for the washing machine thereby splitting the load.
tingle from dishwasher - Page 2 1430720830
Back to top Go down
fido
Junior user
Junior user

PostSubject: Re: tingle from dishwasher   tingle from dishwasher - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 10, 2011 8:04 am

From what I've seen you are lucky if the earth in your sockets is connected to anything. If you look at the wiring cable available in Bulgaria most of it is only 2 core. I was asked to look at an electric shower that only ever got lukewarm. The lack of heat was due to a very long run of cable that was far too thin for the job so there was only 175 volts getting to the unit under load. Again there was no earth. If the shower developed a fault you could be showering in live water. I think my avatar is quite appropriate for Bulgarian electrics!
Back to top Go down
Netsniperthefirst
Netsniperthefirst

PostSubject: Re: tingle from dishwasher   tingle from dishwasher - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 10, 2011 10:53 am

Your completely right fido unfortunately in Bulgaria the wiring standard is that of the days of the cave man in some cases tingle from dishwasher - Page 2 3998065313 which as you say is very dangerous, having said that the Bulgarians have used this system for a great number of years with too many problems but again they don't have or use the same appliances that we do and the load we expect from the system is far greater than anything they would expect and this is where the problem lies. Without getting to technical the earthing system they use is of a similar type used in the UK many many years ago and I'm sure others like Tony will add to some of the horror stories his seen or worked on. My advice to anyone is to get the electrics checked out by a full qualified spark and whoever they are ask to see their credentials at least that way you will have ie of mind but maybe a thinner wallet too when you find its all goto come out and be replaced but best to do it now before rather than after.
Back to top Go down
bapps
Junior user
Junior user

PostSubject: Re: tingle from dishwasher   tingle from dishwasher - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 10, 2011 3:40 pm

Hi just a small point i would like to say yes get people that know what they are doing in fact in Bulgaria there are electricians and they do have qualifications,as to UK standard i would not necessary agree if some one has the paper work doesn't mean they can do the job,in my experience most of the sparks that have 16th or Part P or 17th edition have the paper but it doesn't make them good it tells you they have the knowledge to carry out work in theory but lack practical which come with time i have gone through loads of sparks in my work and to say what they learn in college lacks experience on sight and should reflect in some kind of scale thats link to the certs
Back to top Go down
Netsniperthefirst
Netsniperthefirst

PostSubject: Re: tingle from dishwasher   tingle from dishwasher - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 10, 2011 3:52 pm

I follow what your saying bapps but I'm assuming you wouldn't endorse a self taught electrician ? or an electrician without any qualification? there a lot more than sight work to think about the theory alone can make the difference between life and death so it is very important that the trade men do have the appropriate paperwork however I do also agree that a cert doesn't mean that they are any good but it does show they have had the training the only way you will know if they are any good is word of mouth as well as the paperwork so show that they are trained fully in which ever country they live.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: tingle from dishwasher   tingle from dishwasher - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

tingle from dishwasher

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Property Renovations & tips-