altText

Garden Party Silistra Orphanage Sat 25th Sept

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
oddball
oddball

Garden Party Silistra Orphanage Sat 25th Sept - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Garden Party Silistra Orphanage Sat 25th Sept   Garden Party Silistra Orphanage Sat 25th Sept - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 27, 2010 3:11 pm

First topic message reminder :

Garden Party Silistra Orphanage Sat 25th Sept - Page 3 1763269238

Will be adding to this as we go on so for now Just to say the following

We will be holding our 2nd Garden Party at the Silistra Orphanage on Sat 25th Sept hope you guys can come along and support us.

List of attractions to follow:
1, We have a musician
2. We have a comedian
3, We have a disco
4) We have Willowsend from this forum doing all our photography
5) We have Channel 1 TV reporting

Berni &
Dougie Garden Party Silistra Orphanage Sat 25th Sept - Page 3 1763269238
Back to top Go down

AuthorMessage
oddball
oddball

PostSubject: Re: Garden Party Silistra Orphanage Sat 25th Sept   Garden Party Silistra Orphanage Sat 25th Sept - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 27, 2010 3:35 pm

s s s s s s s s s s s s s

Hi Guys

Just a quick updated as in the internet cafe

We did really well on Saturday g At the Garden Party, we raised a total of [size=150]648lev [/size]  and we also included the funds raised by us and all our/volunteers/donors from the UK we raised [size=150]1000 pounds[/size] which we donated bringing the total for the day up to around  [size=200]1300 pounds [/size]  which is just fantastic!!!! s

Thanks to Radio Trust, Anglo-Info, British Lion Foods Pelican Guest House, Ourbulgarianforum and everyone who attended and helped and supported us You have all been just [size=200]Fantastic[/size]  Garden Party Silistra Orphanage Sat 25th Sept - Page 3 2204270746 Garden Party Silistra Orphanage Sat 25th Sept - Page 3 2204270746

T T

Will update you all when we get back to the UK  s    Garden Party Silistra Orphanage Sat 25th Sept - Page 3 1763269238

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Berni &
Dougie  Garden Party Silistra Orphanage Sat 25th Sept - Page 3 1763269238

Just a few pictures added by Ashley,  more will be added later
Back to top Go down
BGTRAVELLER
Super user
Super user
BGTRAVELLER

PostSubject: Re: Garden Party Silistra Orphanage Sat 25th Sept   Garden Party Silistra Orphanage Sat 25th Sept - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 27, 2010 3:49 pm

That is marvellous and the pictures of the children tell the story Garden Party Silistra Orphanage Sat 25th Sept - Page 3 739492727
Back to top Go down
Daisy
Super user
Super user
Daisy

PostSubject: Re: Garden Party Silistra Orphanage Sat 25th Sept   Garden Party Silistra Orphanage Sat 25th Sept - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 27, 2010 4:05 pm

It's great to hear you raised so much money and it's also lovely to see the children smiling, it looks like everyone had a great day and although I wasn't there I was thinking about you all, shame about Trust Radio not being able to broadcast that would have given me a feeling of being there but all this is down to two people with a great vision and passion for life Berni and Dougie s s s s
Back to top Go down
Chris
Chris

PostSubject: Re: Garden Party Silistra Orphanage Sat 25th Sept   Garden Party Silistra Orphanage Sat 25th Sept - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 27, 2010 4:16 pm

Thanks for the update Berni ... hope you both have a safe trip home and I look forward to more pics and gossip about the day!
Back to top Go down
http://www.tonicwebworks.com
cheekychops
Super user
Super user
cheekychops

PostSubject: Re: Garden Party Silistra Orphanage Sat 25th Sept   Garden Party Silistra Orphanage Sat 25th Sept - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 27, 2010 4:29 pm

I'm lost for words which makes a change how wonderful this all is to make so many children so happy and to give them something they will always remember, I love you 2 and I mean that from my heart 3 cheers to all of you Garden Party Silistra Orphanage Sat 25th Sept - Page 3 3023850720 Garden Party Silistra Orphanage Sat 25th Sept - Page 3 3023850720 Garden Party Silistra Orphanage Sat 25th Sept - Page 3 3023850720
Back to top Go down
Gimp
Super user
Super user
Gimp

PostSubject: Re: Garden Party Silistra Orphanage Sat 25th Sept   Garden Party Silistra Orphanage Sat 25th Sept - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 27, 2010 4:57 pm

How fantastic it would be if there were more of this kind of thing going on all over the world I know Berni and her husband Dougie are only 2 people but they do so much for children who are no longer wanted by their parents for some reason, all I can say is T for all you do and on behalf of mankind T
Back to top Go down
scott
Super user
Super user
scott

PostSubject: Re: Garden Party Silistra Orphanage Sat 25th Sept   Garden Party Silistra Orphanage Sat 25th Sept - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 27, 2010 5:28 pm

Good news all round Garden Party Silistra Orphanage Sat 25th Sept - Page 3 3023850720

:Fireworks: :Celebration: :Fireworks: :Celebration: :Fireworks: :Celebration: :Fireworks: :Celebration: :Fireworks: :Fireworks: :Celebration: :Fireworks: :Celebration: :Fireworks: :Celebration: :Fireworks: :Celebration: :Fireworks:
Back to top Go down
krypton
Super user
Super user
krypton

PostSubject: Re: Garden Party Silistra Orphanage Sat 25th Sept   Garden Party Silistra Orphanage Sat 25th Sept - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 27, 2010 8:11 pm

Good news from good people Garden Party Silistra Orphanage Sat 25th Sept - Page 3 570106603 Garden Party Silistra Orphanage Sat 25th Sept - Page 3 570106603
Back to top Go down
Blink
Super user
Super user
Blink

PostSubject: Re: Garden Party Silistra Orphanage Sat 25th Sept   Garden Party Silistra Orphanage Sat 25th Sept - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 27, 2010 8:19 pm

Whatever I say here wouldn't be good enough to say what I mean so "
Well done"
Garden Party Silistra Orphanage Sat 25th Sept - Page 3 2204270746
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Garden Party Silistra Orphanage Sat 25th Sept   Garden Party Silistra Orphanage Sat 25th Sept - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 28, 2010 6:19 am

Hi Folks,

In the absence of a full update on the Garden Party by Berni and Dougie (Leggett) whilst they are travelling, I have been asked to step in as one of the guests and give a brief review of the event from my experience as one of the attendees:

Must admit, we drove round the place ( Dimcho Debelianov Orphanage in Silistra) a few times before we actually found a way in at around 11.00 am! We could see all the cars parked by the building, but it was something of a concealed entrance! This is probably a good thing from the point of view of security, though! The weather, after having read forecasts for rain, was actually sunny and warm and held for the duration of the event.

The first people we met, of course, were Berni and Dougie, who were all smiles and busy organising! This was in front of the marquee, close to the barbecue. The football machine they had bought over was already much in use by the kids and they all seemed to be having a very good time. The marquee had a substantial no of cartons inside, which were later picked up for distribution to the kids and other places. However, Berni and Dougie had collected a lot more and this had already gone to other worthy causes such as two baby orphanages,the Kaspichan orphanage, the Refugee centre, the home for the elderly , and the local doctors surgery. After this, we met the radio Trust team of Bobby, Rosie, Nick and Marusia who had embarked on a 900 km round trip for the event and did a sterling job with music and announcements throughout.

On an upper level, by the entrance to the actual orphanage, there was a cake stall, a "
guess the weight of the cake"
table, tombola and raffle (organised by Berni &
Dougie and a surprise gift donated by the information web guys Anglo Info (Cindy, Don and their colleagues)). [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] ... p?ID=29564. Also, a book stall manned by Karen Fox. All of this was very popular and well-attended, ultimately resulting in an appreciable amount of money for the cause.

A little later, everyone was much entertained by local folk dancing and singing from the kids at the orphanage, along with a bit of modern dancing as well. David Benfield was much in evidence as the resident photographer for the event and we should be seeing quite a few photos from him in due course. Interviews were taken from Berni and Dougie, naturally, but quite a few others as well and these are being played on Radio Trust, although they should also be in evidence elsewhere soon.

Also, notable for their presence were Darren and Denise and their daughters who have taken over Quest from Chris and Jain and are also promoting the cause to the best of their abilities [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] ... -orphanage

"
Pelican"
also treated the part-goers to part of his repertoire (voice and guitar) and had made the trip over from his guest house in Srebarna [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]. He has kindly organised an auction with the proceeds to go to Berni and Dougie's causes, which can be heard on Radio Trust
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.].

Before the draw for the raffle, we were pretty surprised to see that Berni and Dougie had managed to lay on quite a good spread for the guests, which included soft drinks, burgers, sausages, huge (!) bread rolls and all sorts of fillings, which was all very welcome after the hot sun! Throughout the proceedings, the notable thing was the happy smiling kids and the happy smiling guests. All in all, a very worthwhile and successful event from all points of view.

I expect I have missed a few people I ought to have mentioned, but I was only a guest myself! Hope no-one takes umbrage!

All power to Berni and Dougie for the future and we hope to see more of events like this and the greatest possible support from both the British and Bulgarian communities in the future.

To learn more about the orphanage or to make a donation: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Wel, those are my impressions and we'll see much more from Berni and Dougie soon!

Garden Party Silistra Orphanage Sat 25th Sept - Page 3 2706089290 Garden Party Silistra Orphanage Sat 25th Sept - Page 3 2706089290 Garden Party Silistra Orphanage Sat 25th Sept - Page 3 2581928987 Garden Party Silistra Orphanage Sat 25th Sept - Page 3 739492727 Garden Party Silistra Orphanage Sat 25th Sept - Page 3 3386807041 s s s s s T T :Garden Party Silistra Orphanage Sat 25th Sept - Page 3 1931734156:
Back to top Go down
Chris
Chris

PostSubject: Re: Garden Party Silistra Orphanage Sat 25th Sept   Garden Party Silistra Orphanage Sat 25th Sept - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 28, 2010 7:15 am

coriolanus wrote:
Before the draw for the raffle, we were pretty surprised to see that Berni and Dougie had managed to lay on quite a good spread for the guests, which included soft drinks, burgers, sausages, huge (!) bread rolls and all sorts of fillings, which was all very welcome after the hot sun! Throughout the proceedings, the notable thing was the happy smiling kids and the happy smiling guests. All in all, a very worthwhile and successful event from all points of view.

Garden Party Silistra Orphanage Sat 25th Sept - Page 3 3356871870

Excellent! Congratulations to all concerned, especially of course Berni and Dougie for their tireless efforts to bring a bit of sunshine into the lives of these children.
Back to top Go down
http://www.tonicwebworks.com
Admin
Administrator
Administrator
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Garden Party Silistra Orphanage Sat 25th Sept   Garden Party Silistra Orphanage Sat 25th Sept - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 28, 2010 8:17 am

Very good George a great insight to a great day of amazing people, it just goes to show that we can all make a difference if only we try, A big thank you to all from all of us on the forum for making such a great day for the Children of Silistra and the other causes Garden Party Silistra Orphanage Sat 25th Sept - Page 3 2706089290 Garden Party Silistra Orphanage Sat 25th Sept - Page 3 2706089290 Garden Party Silistra Orphanage Sat 25th Sept - Page 3 2706089290 Garden Party Silistra Orphanage Sat 25th Sept - Page 3 2706089290 T
Back to top Go down
http://www.ourbulgariaforum.com
BGTRAVELLER
Super user
Super user
BGTRAVELLER

PostSubject: Re: Garden Party Silistra Orphanage Sat 25th Sept   Garden Party Silistra Orphanage Sat 25th Sept - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 28, 2010 10:18 am

Thank you for that George and what a brilliant day it was for all of you Garden Party Silistra Orphanage Sat 25th Sept - Page 3 739492727
Back to top Go down
Carmen
Super user
Super user
Carmen

PostSubject: Re: Garden Party Silistra Orphanage Sat 25th Sept   Garden Party Silistra Orphanage Sat 25th Sept - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 28, 2010 11:17 am

Great post George and very apt for the day I imagine and I'm glad you've all had a good time particularly the children
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Garden Party Silistra Orphanage Sat 25th Sept   Garden Party Silistra Orphanage Sat 25th Sept - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 28, 2010 11:58 am

Yes, all, it was indeed a very good day and we should all now be looking forward to getting Berni's and Dougie's input, though I have no doubt it will be positive all the way.

Regards, George.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Garden Party Silistra Orphanage Sat 25th Sept   Garden Party Silistra Orphanage Sat 25th Sept - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Garden Party Silistra Orphanage Sat 25th Sept

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next